bdanv

Battle Royale - Turn Tracking Thread (TTT)

429 posts in this topic

21215 to Dolgorukov.

:arr:

I am IMPRESSED!

It's one thing to read about such feats and another thing to see them happen...

2125 to Zsozso

man, vishniac is definitely having more fun with this game than I am

2125 to Vishniac

Oh my, 21215 that's a huge jump ahead in time ;)

2126 to Dolgorukov

Having fun, yeah, that's the goal of a game, and it's my first PBEM.

That said, I hope I won't be left behind. I chose the Pirates and thought I was doing alright...until now...

But I realize it's gonna be an uphill battle. Ever see "Hamburger Hill" ?:scarednod:

A70-3089

Dolgo, no fun with your Caretakers?

2126 sent to Zsozso

Hey, its my first PBEM as well! Yeah it should be more interesting now that I have encountered one of the AI controlled factions.

Haven't seen Hamburger Hill, wonder how I missed it, I had a phase when I was watching a lot of vietnam films. The most memorable film I've seen on the subject was Stanley Kubrik's "Full Metal Jacket"

full-metal-jacket-dvd.jpg

What happened to the game-save ???

Have the game been suddenly transfered to Venus with 400C surface temperature ?

All the tiles that were rainy in the previous turn are now suddenly arid, all my cities are starving.

This must be some stupid bug, I have never seen anything like this before.

I know an erapting vulcano could alter rainfall patterns, but I do not see any vulcano activity around and it seems to affect all the land I can see, suddenly I am in the middle of a complete desert -- pretty unusable land. We should try to figure out what happened, before we proceed...

send me your incoming turns 2126 and also 2125.

ok. i'm working on this. Darsnan will take a look also, but no sooner that Sunday evening.

i have two questions:

*i know it's pretty early in the game, but has anybody seen the message: "Faction X has altered the rainfall pattern near cityname"?

(pop-up window or in the info box)

*maybe someone poped a malfunctioning pod by any chance (in the last turn)?

The answer is no for both questions on my side, i.e. no message popup and no malfunctioning pod.

I don't think any of the factions have the abilities to raise or lower terrain, so it must have been a malfunctioning pod that triggered some unwanted seismic activity. Could be one of the computer factions that has done this.

I'll send you my last incoming save as well bdanv

I'll send you my last incoming save as well bdanv

received. it was in my spam folder. please use my yahoo account from now on. thx.

This must be some stupid bug, I have never seen anything like this before.

I know an erapting vulcano could alter rainfall patterns, but I do not see any vulcano activity around and it seems to affect all the land I can see, suddenly I am in the middle of a complete desert -- pretty unusable land. We should try to figure out what happened, before we proceed...

actually, rainfall patterns can be altered also by:

- new rivers (pods)

- earthquakes (pods)

- terraforming (advanced options).

none of the AIs was doing advanced terraforming in 2125, so i had to check only the pods.

4 factions had a chance to pod-pop at least once during that turn and unfortunately for zsozso, one of them (an AI) got a river that altered the rainfall patterns near his bases.

i did also some testing trying to play the turn 2125 with all 7 factions as humans.

results: only once out of six attempts zsozso's land turned arid (again because of a new river).

conclusion: altering the rainfall patterns is part of the game, so this was not a bug.

2126 to Vishniac.

Sorry for the delay guys. I was shocked to see my nice empire ruined, but it looks likeI just have to bite the bullet and try to save my starving citizens in the new harsh environment...

2127 to Dolgorukov.

Zsozso:

Not to be cynical (though...:whistle:) but that event made me think of the first Jurassic Park, I watched it again on TV the other day.

You know, when Ian Malcolm says "You can't do that! You try to control Life but Life adapts, Life finds a way...". Here, it's like I hear "With directed research, custom maps and choosing no random events, you tried to control the game but this game adapts, this game always finds a way...to ruin your day!" :D

2127 to zsozso

haha, yeah, I personally like random events, don't see why they have to be excluded, they add flavour to the game. As for isometric maps, those make me cringe.

Zsozso: you sent me the turn 2127 instead of 2128. I thought it was just a typo and renamed it but the game said I had always played it.

Could you send me 2128, please? :arr: