Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
E_T

PbC: WePlayCiv2 turn thread

30 posts in this topic

This is the main turn/game thread for the Civ6:GS WePlayCiv2 Play by Cloud game.

Current settings: Small, 4 player, no AI, default City States, Quick play, Fractal Map

Current Players:

E_T (Host): Seondeok - Korea

nzcamel: Pachacuti - Inca

BigDork1001: Kupe - Maori

fnwilborn (Nick): Trajan - Rome

More to come.

We are currently waiting for Nick to play his first turn.

I remember that in the old Pitboss, there was a timer that you could set to have the AI play someone's turn, if they were absent for a while (as well as play out of order).  it seems that this is a play in order system (although I'll leave it ti Nick to correct me if I'm wrong) with no turn timer that can be set.

It's indeed a play in order. Much more like PBEM then Pitboss in that regard.

And indeed no turn timers for PBC... too bad.

2nd turn is up...

Well, at least the host can kick a stagnate player, but the thing is, if the host disappears, then the game is lost...  Good to know.  Too bad has to go in order (although that fixes the double move in war thing), if your turn order is out of sync with player time to play, a single turn could take days.  But at least, as long as you have internet, you don't lose a save in the e-mail ether...

Sorry guys. Got a bit distracted with shit in my city.

I'm off camping, just over Fri/Sat if I don't take my turn for a while.

trying to do some computer fasting now that it's close to easter, so probably won't play my turns before early next week.

NP, will give me a chance to do some other things...

I dunno about the rest of you, but I am good to go again...

I did my turns today. I was going to have this fast going on until Tuesday, but I failed. :o 

1 person likes this

It's my turn; but once I get into the game I'm not linked to the server for PBC apparently... :huh:

Are you logged into Steam?  Try rebooting everything (Computer, Router, Modem) that would be in the online connection and then relog into Steam before playing.

Has someone discovered the Bermuda Triangle & in the process lost our game into it? Lol

Don´t think the Bermuda Triangle is in the game? :p  I take my turns in both games ever 1-2 days, I feel it goes rather fast forward?

I just did both game turns a few hours ago

On 7.5.2019 at 5:18 AM, nzcamel said:

Has someone discovered the Bermuda Triangle & in the process lost our game into it? Lol

Btw, as I wrote on discord, I was away this weekend. Are you a member there? Most of the conversation goes on there. :)

On ‎8‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 8:06 PM, Nikolai said:

Btw, as I wrote on discord, I was away this weekend. Are you a member there? Most of the conversation goes on there. :)

Ah, thanks. No I'm not. 
Sorry to be a pain, but can you post here too?

Has the new update killed our game?

A lot of people (E_T among them) can't connect to any PBC game for the time being.

Yeah, I can't. But it says it's my turn; and I'd like it to stop doing that when there is nothing I can do. Maybe we need to kill those old games and start new ones :/