E_T

Play by Cloud Setup Thread

31 posts in this topic

This thread is for setting up Play by Cloud Games.

As this is a new thing (except for Nic - although some pointers from him would be great), there is likely going to be some learning curve and stumbles along the way (like when was the last time anyone played a Pitboss game), so please keep that in mind for this shiny new thing.

Also, there is something about using a webhook for the game (instead of steam) anyone know if that is like the old pitboss servers that we used to have for it?

I want to set up a 4 player game (that I will be playing - keep in mind, I am currently a Civ6 n00b at this time) called Four Points as in Four Points of the Compass.

I figure Dale playing Aussie for one of the points and I would take one of the others.  Rhoth and possibly someone else?

Let's try to not have historically close civs but to represent the name of the game, being from 4 compass points around the globe

I will follow your game if you guys post updates, but I will not be joining.  I continue to have large reservations about the viability of Civ6MP, specifically the peace structure (i.e. you have to both agree to peace).  It's fine for SP games, but in MP games emotion plays into it.

Too bad there isn't a mod to do white peace and forced peace ala Stellaris

Or is there, don't know what's available

1 hour ago, Rhoth said:

I will follow your game if you guys post updates, but I will not be joining.  I continue to have large reservations about the viability of Civ6MP, specifically the peace structure (i.e. you have to both agree to peace).  It's fine for SP games, but in MP games emotion plays into it.

I think we're all respectful enough of each other to know when a war is done.

Or we get the other two players to mediate the peace like real life?

Ooooh! PBC games being set up.

Count me in when there's room :-)

Right, I will try to jumpstart this, so we get going. Some settings can be changed after I create the game (before we launch of course ;) ).

Here are the settings:

001.thumb.PNG.8526e1b999e39d1b15f53da34cbbb8e5.PNG

002.PNG.0c216919fa6d7d5b46e8a92813c4ccc7.PNG

003.thumb.PNG.50b5c78a6d0185ed5759203b341c7046.PNG

Note I'm in Vietnam for two weeks from the 4th. But happy to be in. Just means you'll have to wait till I'm back. 

hey, I'm still in my first game, so I'm not far behind...

I joined the game that was screenshotted.

For others who are unclear, use the join code: xvNY

seems like first game is full

I have set up a 4 player, small game, no AI (except City States) Fractal map game called WePlayCiv2

Join code: d90R

Seen nzcamel online and he has joined this game.  Still room for 2 more players.

12 hours ago, E_T said:

seems like first game is full

Can't be. It's a large map. Should support double the amount that has joined so far. Will check when I get home from work. 

Donald said that last two are set for AI or something like that

Eh... Donald is wrong. All are set to "Computer", until a player joins. Then the space is taken by the player. I see you guys have left btw, there is now just me and a player called "XX".

I used the code above. Looks like it's me, E_T, and nzcamel. 

Still space for 5 other players in my game :) @BigDork just joined just fine @E_T. :) 

@E_T your game is ready to launch. :)

Yeah, I'm going to start an separate thread for it soon.

I am currently in the game, NZ has played even though it shows on my screen "waiting for NZCAMEL".  NZ shows on his screen, "Waiting for BigD". 

The 4th in this game is listed by the name 'fnwilborn', whom ever that is, please post here so that we know whom you are.

It'sa me, Mario. :)