E_T

Forget about Impeachment, time to invoke the 25th

7 posts in this topic

The evidence that shows that Trump is not fit to be in the office and needs to be removed via the 25th Amendment continues to mount.  At what point with they finally invoke it?  Will it be after everything fall apart or sometime during the fall?  Are we already in the fall, but don't realize it due to not watching the ground rush up to meet us?  Or are we rapidly moving towards the cliff but not paying attention to it? 

At what point will the Adults finally wake up to the danger?

To be frank, I believe the US is closing in on something that will at best be civil strife, at worst ACW2.0.

He isn't going to get shit done with the Democrats in the House. I suspect the investigations are going to suck up enormous amounts of both the White Houses and Congresses time. All leading to not a lot of shit getting done.

Just because he says something doesn't mean he actually plans on doing it.

I say let it ride for another two years. I really don't think he is going to do anything to counter his increasing popularity mainly among his base.

Elections are how presidents change, unless you want war in the streets. That and who gets the big donations from corporate interests. I bet they love all this impeachment stuff, spotlights are somewhere else.

What does the 25th Amendment involve? Asking from a country with no written constitution which has been er...interesting over the last couple of years. 

On 1/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, Standup said:

What does the 25th Amendment involve? Asking from a country with no written constitution which has been er...interesting over the last couple of years. 

I also wonder what the 25th amendment is all about.

Allows the removal of a sitting president, if they are unable, due to illness (or mental competency), to fulfill their Constitutional Role.  President Wilson had a major Stroke and was incapacitated until his death, for months.  His wife and a few others ran the Government, illegally.  The 25 was added to allow for the removal due to this and others similar things.

Google it...