Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

E_T

Hurricane Florance Targets North Carolina

10 posts in this topic

Cat 3 at this posting and due to hit in about 3 days.  It is Forecast to weaken after landfall and then stay in the middle of the state and rain for days and have flooding (al la Texas).

Also, there are three other Tropical systems (at this time) in the works...

Cat3? Earlier today it was a cat4 storm, is it weakening already? If so, great! This is close to Firaxisland, I hope everything is well with them and our friends and posters in the states around.

Sorry, had meant that it should be Cat 3 when making landfall, I had looked at the news report incorrectly...

My wife was originally going to take her next travelling nurse assignment near the Smoky Mountains. Kinda glad she ended up taking an assignment in Oregon instead.

I am just getting back online I live in Onslow County, Jacksonville North Carolina...we were three days in the right quadrant of Florence (North East of eyewall is most times the worse due to circulation) Hurricane Florence went over us...three days with Tropical Storm Force winds and over 36 hours with Hurricane Force Windfield gusts...many over 100 MPH Gusts...sustained over 90 MPH during this time....we lost power for almost 6 full days.....worse one I have been through...makes 7 Hurricanes that have come over the top of us plus another half dozen Tropical named storms...as graphics show we had over 30 inches of rain....

image_178941.jpg

image_178942.jpg

Its been rough as schools are flooded and damaged, 5 weeks and counting but we shall survive

On 9/11/2018 at 0:53 PM, Nikolai said:

Cat3? Earlier today it was a cat4 storm, is it weakening already? If so, great! This is close to Firaxisland, I hope everything is well with them and our friends and posters in the states around.

We were in northeast quadrant, worse place to be as the storm was so slow around 2-4 mph for a long duration. Rain Rain and MORE Rain...shew...glad we are finally drying out

Glad to hear you're okay Gramps! Good luck rebuilding, hope your government chips in!

23 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Good luck rebuilding, hope your government chips in!

Sometimes, the worst thing that you can hear is someone saying, "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help"....  but hopefully not in this case...

Hope things turn around for ya'll, Gramps