Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2metraninja

Active PITBOSS community to join

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals, it's been a while since the last time we crossed swords and beyond. We had great time with great and epic games and it was sad pitboss games died out around hereand I missa lot of you. I do not know if it is allowed to advertise games on another site, but I will. Couple of years ago I moved out to play at different civ4 comunities and one of them is the Spanish speaking APT tournament located at Apolyton.

Of course the obvious drawback is the need to use Spanish, but this is not that great inconvenience. Google translate does decent job and also many of them, including the administrator speak English too. The other thing is you will have to learn the few rules there are in the tournament and to agree to follow them. Which are not that hard - like no razing of cities bigger than size 8, no double moving when declaring war, no speaking with other players before you get Alphabet and so on. So far for the cons.

And now for the good part:

There are at least 5 pitboss games starting each year. 4 normal pitbosses and one in modern era with advanced start, so your thurst for Civ4 is always satisfied.

20+ active players in the community.

There is a mod which makes virtually impossible to double- move. It allows connections to the game only to players who can play and the other parties in turn split will have to wait to play their part. Each party is given separate 24 hours window to play.

There is score and points given for each game and then each player is put in rankings, so for the competitive ones there are medals and cups and Hall of Fame. There is written history of all the games and players back to the beginning of the tournament 10 years ago so you can compare yourself to the heroes of the past and make new feasts and glory.

There is a money pool which is divided between the players who end up in the top 3 place of the tournament for each year.

Games are played with diplomacy ON and tech trading ON, but brokering OFF.

Each player who is alive gets points which contribute to the year ranking, so there is stimulus to play as leader of a real nation and not only to play to win the game at all costs. 

Anythign else you can be interested in before joining, you can ask me here and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Or if all this sounds already good to you and you want to join this alive Civ4 pitboss community, you can do so at:

https://apolyton.net/forum/civilization-series/civilization-en-espa-ntilde-ol

Hey it's a Cathy the Great sighting. :lol:

Welcome back.  Not a whole lot of MP going on these days for any games here, but it's perfectly fine to advertise.

Ah, yeah, was a great game indeed lol. Not many games of this magnitude since then unfortunately. But the Spanish games are totally fine. Everyone who wants to shake the dust from his MP can do so with comfort there.

Ah, I forgot to say that the games are played anonymously until very late stage. So players decisions areto not based on reputation and perceived strength of the players.

Anonymous games are probably better.  I can't deny that during the last major Civ4 game here that I didn't have a bit of preconceived notions when I discovered that Sommerswerd was my neighbor.  I sometimes wonder if Sommerswerd still dislikes me. 

Unfortunately there is not really a lot of Civ play going on anymore here.  I play a Civ6 game every so often, but no MP.  Most of the people who stick around play Paradox games now, which don't lend as well to MP play.  Penry and I tried a Europe Universalis 4 MP game a couple years ago, but we couldn't easily get beyond our time zone issues (I live in western U.S., he's a New Zealander).

Hi 2metraninja!  I haven't played civ in probably 3 years, but I decided to fire it back up again tonight.  While I'm waiting for the install to finish, I decided to check in on good ol' weplayciv and found your message here.  Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Have a lot of great memories on here.  I'm not ready for MP again (proficiently and emotionally lol) but maybe someday.  Take care! 

:canada: