Penry

Horreum Romanus

145 posts in this topic

Second part, really cool videos! :) Loved to watch the formation of Crete!

hqdefault.jpg

Embargo was lifted 18th, there is literally dozens of videos out there now! :) 

What no posts here yet?  I thought Nik at least would have posted something about playing Imperator today. :lol:

I still have yet to even watch a video about it, nor did I follow any of the development.  That said, I'm fairly likely to pick it up.  Paradox is my primary source of gaming fun these days outside of losing to my son at Mario Kart.

Game was released 33 minutes ago. Still downloading, after GOG.com decided to not let me install because it deemed my PC unsupported for 25 min... now it works, but I can't register the game for some reason. So no access to support.

That's no excuse. :p:lol:

Home sick today (and was horribly ill last night), so I might have started playing it as I was starting to feel better by midday, but.... instead I'm fielding calls from work to put out forest fires for them they can't put out on their own.  Data not lining up between servers, last minute requests for add-ons to projects I already delivered to clients.

So as soon as this work project finishes downloading, then re-uploading to the server, I can finally un-pause the Imperator download.... 

I'll get to play this at some point, I swear.

Did you beat it yet?

:p

Have begun AAR. Posted on Paradox forums. Will post here too.

Off to Japan for three weeks next weekend so will have a closer look when I get back. That should give time for everyone to have a good play of the game and get some post hype feedback.

Big thread on the future roadmap of the game out: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/imperator-current-roadmap.1170956/

Hey everyone,

With Imperator: Rome, a project very close to our hearts, now released and finally in the hands of our awesome community (that’s you!), we have been taking the time to look at the feedback you’ve provided. As always, we pride ourselves on the continued support of our games and by no means will Imperator be different.

We are working towards releasing a 1.0.1 patch early next week, which we’re calling ‘Demetrius’. This patch will improve the AI, fix compatibility issues, game crashes, some multiplayer out-of-syncs, and will also contain some performance improvements.

At the same time, we have been looking at all the feedback from play-testing, our Twitch and YouTube communities, and the press for the past month and a half as we prepared for release. Now we are adding all of your feedback from Steam, the forums, and social media to that! With it, we have begun developing a major patch which is aimed for release in June.

This 1.1 patch is nicknamed ‘Pompey’ internally. We will go into more detail with upcoming development diaries before it’s released. Pompey will cover the following topics:

• Balancing of Technology Progress, Mercenaries, Shattered Retreat, Truce Breaking, Assassinations, Governors, War Exhaustion, and Legitimacy.
  • Improving the mechanics for Population Growth, Stability, and Barbarians.
  • Tweaks to Civil War mechanics, with new power-base mechanics.
  • Naval rework, with Naval Combat mechanics and multiple ship types, as well as navigable major rivers.
  • Deeper Holding mechanics for characters, where you can give characters holdings and they can purchase new ones as they grow in wealth.
  • More character interactions.
  • New Piracy mechanics.
  • Redesigning of functionality where instead of spending power for an instant result, you now spend power to nudge it towards that result over time.
  • Better abilities to play tall, including centralising trade, impacting specific cities, etc.
  • Tribes being able to decide what units their retinues should have.
  • Dual Ruler mechanics for Roman Republic, and Consorts for Monarchies.
  • Government Abilities for all government categories.
  • ‘Quality of Life’ features like viewing all characters in a foreign country, new alerts, road building being a continuous action, and more.
  • Adding of features from previous PDS games like moving capitals and regnal numbers on monarchs
    Much more modding support.

Whilst we have already started towards patch 1.1, we will continue to look at fixing any major issues that come up between now and then as well.

[IMG]

1 person likes this

On my 5th or 6th attempt to unite and civilize Britain so far.  On this attempt, I've conquered a least a good little chunk of southern England and gotten the civilization level of the cities in my home province up to 23-35 each.

Alas, I've hit the 25 civilization cap for tribal cities and it looks like the only readily available way to increase that is marketplaces, costing 100 gold a pop and only increasing maximum civilization by 1 each.  That's... a lot of marketplaces.  No doubt there's some other way to increase the cap, but I've not found it yet.  Gonna be stuck as a settled tribe for a while before I get to the 40 treshhold to transition to either monarchy or republic.

Meanwhile... the other major frustration is dealing with the clan leaders, which effectively are generals that you can't fire and yet also become inevitably disloyal.  Every single means to mitigate their disloyalty is currently outstripped by the speed at which their cohorts (which you can't do anything about) make them disloyal.  I've tried everything.  The only thing that's worked so far is to just give up on making a clan leader loyal and rule strictly by fear (always keep a larger army near his so he's scared to rebel even though he wants to).  That's literally the only tool in the shed right now - even stacking every possible bonus to make this guy loyal.

Overall, though, this latest playthrough is going far better than previous ones.  No civil wars, no bankruptcies, no accidentally claiming the wrong player's territory because of the janky diplomacy UI.  Things are going relatively well.  The main lesson I've learned is not to recruit too many armies with your initial money & manpower - the maintenance expense is a KILLER.

I'm happily playing along on my Rhodes game which I am making an AAR of. If you don't mind a spoiler, things are going WILD. Got DoWed by Phrygia. They have 79 cohorts. I had 26. Allies of mine had 18. Thankfully, they also had wars EVERYWHERE. So they were quite busy. Not less busy than that they over time obliterated my army totally, but I had over 1k gold in the bank, so I bought mercs. After a LOT of warring, I gained a big province in Anatolia and enslaved some 40+ pops to my capital alone. :o But I ended up getting both my merc companies stackwiped in Greece, where Aetolia DoWed me while I was busy with Phrygia. So I ended up giving away my lands in mainland Greece. Built up an army of 14k, then Macedon DoWed. Lost half of Anatolia to occupation, then got enough money to hire mercs, 26k of them. Stackwiped the Macedonians from Anatolia, sieged back the lands, just in time to barely afford discharging the mercs. Now I wait for the white peace and hope Macedon won't come back with more units before that...