E_T

I appear to have Cancer

119 posts in this topic

I think that exactly how my Proctologist said it....

Wow. You really have your work set out for you. Beat the crap out of it! :mad:

Holy crap. Good luck with it.

To avoid confusion, someone else didn't approve of the post after I said that -I wasn't slagging Nik- E_T, in case you didn't see, Roth said a lovely supportive thing in picture that happened to wildly violate public decency standards.

Edit: hey, I don't think the edit button was there yesterday.

...I wish I'd thought this morning to phrase it that Roth had made a lovely obscene gesture...

No, it's the international Proctological symbol of defiance towards cancer...  They have their finger on the issue, so to speak...

Glad that you have a plan of action.

Cancer has been in the family for many generations (thanks the fates that I am adopted so hope it skips me), so very familiar with about all that you are saying - sounds fairly typical.  

I had my Port installed today.  And I can't take any Ibuprofen for 5 days.  I did get the docs to let me go only two days, I'll see what I can do to make it the whole 5 days.

Thing is, at this time, Ibuprofen does the best at relieving the ongoing pain, helps reduce some of the swelling of the tumor (which helps when I want to pee or cr@p) and almost completely removes any tumor associated fevers.  Extra Strength Tylonal (which I can take and they recommend), barely touches the pain.  I did have some T3 (with codine), when I had gotten one refill and had been very mizerly with (I now have 4 left) it.  But they would not give me any further refills for it, due to some recent BS with the drug BS...  So I'm going to be in some pain this weekend, before treatment starts on Monday.  I will be talking to them then about pain management, moving forward...

Well, The Kemo/Infusion Dept gave me an IV push of one of the two Kemo drugs. (sort of blueish...  I will relate a story associated about that soon).  They then installed the 96 hour pump of the other Kemo drug.  The Pump is kind of neat in that it uses my body temperature (and I'm also assuming, the temperature difference between my body and the medicine) to slowly pump the medicine from it's container (that is a a pouch that I can can strap around my waist or like right now, having handing from my neck) into the port and thus, myself.

So, that part of the treatment is ongoing for a few more days.  I'm warned to expect most of the bad side effects of the Kemo about 1-3 weeks after this infusion has completed.

On the other side of the Treatment coin, Day One of Thirty of the Radiation Treatment went well.  I have to be in a sort of frog legged position on the table, can be uncomfortable.  The machine did 3 passes over my abdominal area.  When the 1st pass commenced, I made a declarative statement (directed at the Cancer), "Eat Hot Neutrons!"  For the second pass, I stated, "Fricassee Cancer" and Lastly I told it, "Bar-B-Que A$$hole".

Power of Positive thinking....

Best of luck in your fight, E_T. No words strong enough to express how much cancer sucks.

Thanks dude, though you could hang around this site a bit more often...

Has anyone let Donald23 know??

Spoiler

Hi ET,

I had bowel cancer 5 years ago and I am cuentry good.

On 30.3.2018 at 2:40 AM, Solver said:

Best of luck in your fight, E_T. No words strong enough to express how much cancer sucks.

True words.

Just to let ya'll know, the first week of Treatment has been completed.  5 days of Radiation and the first half of the Kemo has been completed.

I still have 4 more weeks of radiation ONLY and then the Last week of Combined Radiation and Kemo treatment.

But that's were we currently stand....

I just had the radiation and the side effects sucked. Good luck man. Get a LOT of sleep if you can.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:20 AM, E_T said:

Thanks dude, though you could hang around this site a bit more often...

Has anyone let Donald23 know??

I know now.

Very sorry to hear this and I really hope you beat this ugly thing.

Thank you Donald23...

And I just want to give everyone a quick update: I am over 1/2 way through my 3rd of 6 weeks of Radiation Therapy.  I will be getting the 2nd bout of Kemo on the 5th Week (not the 6th as I first reported - so last full week of April) of the Radiation.  

And then there will be the wait until August/September for the follow-up PET Scan, to see how well the treatment had gone.

Not quite diarrhea that is being held up with Loporamide (sp), but still having the burns as if was full.  Sort of Dipper rash, but am using water spray to help wash off, but can't jump into shower every time I have gas...  Going to try some stuff from CVS tomorrow (after I get back from treatment).  Also Started to take Probiotic stuff to help with internal stuff (hope to reduce the causticness of the outflow...).

And having to take Iron and waiting for B-12 from VA mail for Anemia.  Some shortness of breath, too...

I just saw this, sorry E_T, I rarely visit the ot here.

All the best of luck. My father survived kidney and lung cancer (the latter metastasized to the mediastinum and later the brain), and has been on remission for six years already, so all the best with the rest of the treatment.