Spaced Cowboy

Beyond Earth $13.19

8 posts in this topic

It was a better price back in February as part of the Humble Civilization bundle - for $15 it had several Civ games (3 4 and 5 Complete) plus Beyond Earth and Rising Tide expansion plus the Exoplanets DLC. Yeah the Civ games would likely be duplicates for you though.

It was also lower on Steam before this - it was $9.99 USD back in March. 

Beyond Earth Complete has been as low as $19.79 USD (most recently as July) - though that is what it is right now.

I'm guessing the price might drop a little further (back to $10 USD for the base game) during the Black Friday and Winter Steam sales.

Price info from: https://www.steamprices.com/us/search/?q=beyond+earth&p=1

From what I've heard - like most Civ games - the original wasn't that good on its own - the expansion made it more tolerable. Haven't played it enough to have a personal opinion yet about it.

Thanks Sharpe, I think I will wait.  I played it for a bit when it was free to play.  You are right about it will be cheaper soon, especially if it has been before.

It's not worth it. It's easily the worst Civ game available.

On 11/9/2017 at 8:55 PM, Spaced Cowboy said:

Is it worth the $?

No. BE by itself is a frustrating and incomplete wargame: Unless your an absolute diehard sci-fi fan then avoid this game. However Rising Tide makes the game into an enjoyable game of exploration - if you see a good price for BERT complete and you enjoy sci-fi then I would recommend that.  

On 11/11/2017 at 3:34 AM, Nikolai said:

It's not worth it. It's easily the worst Civ game available.

Civilization World was much worse.

I'm in the tiny minority that actually enjoyed Civ:BE, but then I fit into the "diehard sci-fi fan" descriptor Darsnan mentioned.  I think my enjoyment of the setting was sufficient to overcome my frustration with the actual game mechanics, which are certainly below a typical Civ game.  The expansion does make it better, though.