Rhoth

The Calling of Nharr - Stellaris Succession Game AAR

307 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Rhoth said:

And the save - Rhoth's turn 2220

Up for grabs for whomever would like to go next.  Don't forget to disable all of your DLC as we are playing vanilla.

Things to do (as I see it):  settle Pavagh; build spaceports for our planets  (I was about to get around to doing that but chose to build the fleet and the frontier outposts instead), and upgrade the fleet to current tech (I have not done any ship upgrades yet)

2220.01.08.sav

I'll try my turn now, then. :) NB! I will probably suck. :p

State of the Calling - Nik's 1st Turn Part 1

As High Inquisitor Xaz takes office, this is the state of the Calling.

First, the territory. Note the many opportinities for our economy and science to grow.

p7ZlCdg.jpg

The previous High Inquisitor has made our minaral output impressive and strong, but we need to improve food and energy output, as well as our science output:

I0U6l4G.jpg

This is the output of our respective planets. Our home is still our stronghold:

RGOZsgy.jpg

And these are the avalable planets to colonize. Or not:

dzR8eM4.jpg

Our current research:

ppzxc4I.jpg

And here is our society's policies:

zTI4jlH.jpg

UK3bHww.jpg

Our neighbours are strong, but as long as they don't unite against us...

Wbe1HpV.jpg

First moves - Nik's 1st turn - Part 2

First order of the day is to improve our controlled area with stations. Science, minerals and enegy all needs to be improved! As soon as our energy output is at zero or more, we'll go for science first.

Half a year into my reign, new technologies are chosen, and I wisely choose as follows:
Rl9KBiD.jpg

Another construction ship is ordered early 2221.

Mid year 2221, we meet fellow star wanderers; the League of Hir'Qelli. They seem to like us!

ThhfvDi.jpg

In 2222 we start researching Basic Combat Roles for our navy:
8GTgiBN.jpg

Late 2222 a scouting ship in the far galactic south met her demise:

ExP6HbM.jpg

At the end of 2222, we meet the Romusari Imperium! They really, really don't like us.
RMSL7Uo.jpg

Late 2223, we start to research a doctrine giving us more naval capacity!
SXtVwgq.jpg

Right after, worrisome news from the galactic south. The Ymacera League won their war against our neighbours. They are getting quite powerful. Thankfully our previous High Inquisitor made a non aggression pact with them!
frLxToz.jpg
tNSSBbn.jpg

We then promptly make a deal for active sensor links with them, and some tech sharing from us to them. Thery are our superiors in tech, so that could not be made mutual.
3jFdh6H.jpg

Early 2224, we start researching better power plants:
y5Jz8sA.jpg

To our galactic west, between an increasingly hostile Ymacera League and our friends the Ess'Jaggon Hegemony, there is a continental world ripe for the taking. We initiate colonization to enlarge our controlled area. We name the new colony Roich.
AeQFrm8.jpg

Late 2224, we finally get the tech for destroyers:
ZJU6ATM.jpg

End of 2224, we get an offer for a non-aggression pact with the League of Hir'Qelli. We happily accept.
AeQFrm8.jpg

Such is the economy at the start of 2225:

lvE8xhJ.jpg

Next five years - Nik's 1st turn - Part 3

After the new power plants were finished researched, our physics department began researching sentinel point-defense.
hZJThAf.jpg

Mid 2225 we are contacted by the Interstellar Tebadoran Autocracy. They are quite strong:
6aJLuyf.jpg
djjPo6L.jpg

Late 2225, we begin researching railguns:
p9CWae8.jpg

End of the year, we begin the long path towards psi warriors:
Woy1zZk.jpg

Late 2226, the Kingdom of Ufram offers to exchange star charts, which we gladly accept:
ok4Wrj6.jpg

End of 2226 brings new focus in the physics department:
Gt3lpYA.jpg

Shortly after, we get a new tradition started, when the Calling gets a wave of colonization fever:
VHIotP8.jpg

This coincides with the building of space stations above Zinix and Zichash.

In early 2227, we are contacted by the Sacred Jas'Gavaz Empire, as well as the Bakturian Citizen Alliance and the Council of Vsem-Klack:
j3f6GzG.jpg
tEgeH9g.jpg
MnhA5Iq.jpg

Mid 2227, we start the preparations for colonizing Pavagh III, which we will name Shix:
4uJG09q.jpg

With the establishment of proper government on Roich, we have exceeded our ability for direct planetary control, which is 3 planets currently. The Highness Sector is estabilished:
0G8nPdf.jpg

With railguns researched, work on more effective building construction is started:
hE41Czq.jpg

Mid 2228, we are approched by the Ess'Jaggon Hegemony for a non-aggression pact. We readily accept.
tdvdrmu.jpg

Shortly after, they ask for a defensive treaty. We decline, as we're afraid it'll bring us into conflict with their rivals, the very powerful Ymacera League. We have a non aggression treaty with the latter, so we feel safe for now.
3EepmbW.jpg

Early 2229, we begin to search for the Lythuric Gas, which will if we have it greatly improve our ship's shields:
BDfuPvb.jpg

Late 2229, we begin to search for Teldar Crystals, which will greatly improve our kinetic weapons if controlled:
pIvVDYw.jpg

End of 2229, we get an offer of star charts and active sensor links for 15 years by the League of Hir'Qelli. We gladly accept:
9NEe0g6.jpg

So far, we have a non-aggression pact with our neighbours to the south. So kinda secure there. Our neighbours to the west wants to cozy up, but I consider taking them on soon. We need the space! :D

The struggle for energy - Nik's 1st turn - Part 4

Late 2230 we discover that Sol III, a system not yet claimed by any empire, is locked in a global war. And they are close to unlocking the secret of the atom. We start building assault armies to rescue them from this mistake!

Early 2231 we start research for synchronized defenses:
cm5YUJ6.jpg

And construction templates:
pwJtHaf.jpg

Mid 2232 we start researching observatories:
GF00QxA.jpg

Later the same year we enact a new tradition, reducing our outpost upkeep by 50%:
oxe19dn.jpg

End of the year, we initiate our invasion of Sol III.

At the same time, the League of Hir'Qelli, who lies to our north, wants a defensive pact. This would secure our northern borders in case the Syldaean Regime attacks, so we accept!
PZuiBlw.jpg

They then ask for a migration treaty, which we of course accept. This means we can get pops that can potentially colonize where we can't!
QS1rr6F.jpg

Mid 2233 we finish our invasion of Sol III, and then create the Sol Sector:
2BDpBdW.jpg

We are in dire need of energy, a constant problem during our reign (the previous ruler left us with a massive deficit we never managed to recover from). So we trade. The surplus for energy were 0.59 per month before the trade, and the surplus for minerals 123. We need desperately to increase our navy, so this is how we do it:
W3mbmYr.jpg
IBL757I.jpg

We then start our buildup, and also begin preparations to add another planet to our empire. We name it Groro:
UMJq9hO.jpg

Looks good.  Our mineral income is finally growing.  That was the problem throughout much of my reign.

Don't exchange star charts though.  Surveying planets gives us a technology boost and exchanging star charts means that we can't do that anymore.

I might otherwise request to go next, but I'm leaving town on Wednesday for a trip through next Monday.  We'll be in LA to see my wife's family and then Arizona for a wedding between two of my college friends.  Any of you folk live out there?  I forget.

3 minutes ago, Arnelos said:

I might otherwise request to go next, but I'm leaving town on Wednesday for a trip through next Monday.  We'll be in LA to see my wife's family and then Arizona for a wedding between two of my college friends.  Any of you folk live out there?  I forget.

I live in Northern California.

It no doubt warms the heart of the faithful to see the light of Nharr brought to the Earthlings, a people seemingly in great need of the unifying influence upon a warlike and fractious culture.

Seeing the terms of those treaties we're making for energy, on the other hand - those hurt.  We clearly need more energy!

33 minutes ago, Rhoth said:

Looks good.  Our mineral income is finally growing.  That was the problem throughout much of my reign.

Don't exchange star charts though.  Surveying planets gives us a technology boost and exchanging star charts means that we can't do that anymore.

Sorry, too late. I didn't think of that. :( 

18 minutes ago, Arnelos said:

It no doubt warms the heart of the faithful to see the light of Nharr brought to the Earthlings, a people seemingly in great need of the unifying influence upon a warlike and fractious culture.

Seeing the terms of those treaties we're making for energy, on the other hand - those hurt.  We clearly need more energy!

Yes! We had a reserve of ca 1300 energy when I took over, but a negative income of 17. Before I managed to stabilize it, there were only 200 energy left, 0.5 income in surplus and a VERY small navy. So I had to give away a lot, but I think it was worth it. :) 

The struggle for energy - Nik's 1st turn - Part 5

Mid 2235, the first six destroyers are ordered constructed!

Early 2236, we start researching subspace sensors:
SI55t7c.jpg

Mid 2236, we start researching betharian power plants:
N8Kaaj8.jpg

Mid 2237 we start researching yurantic crystal mining, which will - if controlled - give us better weapons. And cheaper war demands, which is always nice.
XjPlpwk.jpg

At the end of 2237, we get contacted by the United Screk Sovereignty.
vtjhr3N.jpg

At the end of 2238, we start to research better armor:
GWyG0qP.jpg

As his last action for his term as High Inquisitor, Xaz initiates research of red lasers.
OWVMyhp.jpg

His term ends before he can see his ordering of a new frontier outpost close to Sol. This outpost will give us access to much resources, a boon to the Calling!
L5Odp4T.jpg

Our relations and power comparisions at the end of his term:
VrGeSU8.jpg
QbIUdz3.jpg

Our planets and sectors. Both sectors are set to build up on energy. Highness needs some energy inserted now and then, else our economy tanks. Remember that, next one. ;)
ZLPI1hq.jpg

Species in our empire:
EMm2ra7.jpg

Our economy:
7fdtSTB.jpg

Note to the next High Inquisitor: It's been a while since I last upgraded our ships. Might be needed. Both the Ess'Jaggon (our friends as of now) and the Syldaean are valid targets, equal to us in strength, but the latter is smaller and might be an easier target. :)

12 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

Yes! We had a reserve of ca 1300 energy when I took over, but a negative income of 17. Before I managed to stabilize it, there were only 200 energy left, 0.5 income in surplus and a VERY small navy. So I had to give away a lot, but I think it was worth it. :) 

-17?  It was -3 when I left it. :p

1 minute ago, Rhoth said:

-17?  It was -3 when I left it. :p

Hmmm, weird. I'm quite sure it was -17. :)  It fluctuated a lot btw. Up and down perhaps 10 or so between months.

1 minute ago, Nikolai said:

Hmmm, weird. I'm quite sure it was -17. :)  It fluctuated a lot btw. Up and down perhaps 10 or so between months.

My end pic and your start pic both show -3.

But yeah it fluctuated during mine too.  I basically tried to keep it near-ish to zero for a while.

Aha. Then I guess I remember wrong. But what I *DO* know is it quickly became -17. That was the worst. Mostly I was around -6 to -11 or so. I had a hard time getting it to zero. Managed in the end. Before the last expansion of our navy, I was at +18!

:b:

If Arne can't grab the next turn then it's up to GK or Spaced.

How do you think I fared btw?

Looks fine without going into the save file.  The starting location didn't do us any favors for a while with mineral production so I was probably a bit behind where we should normally be at the point of my handoff.  Looks like the mineral income is much better now.

The diplomacy looks to be in fair order too.  The big guys don't hate us at least and we have some expansion opportunities...err opportunities to bring the Light of Nharr to the rest of the galaxy.

My only gripe was the trading of star charts since it denies us future tech point gain.

Good to hear. :) While I am pretty good at ck2, I royally suck at Stellaris. :lol:

I won't be able to grab it for a couple of days (I can play, but I won't have time to do a proper write up).  

Alright.  I sent a PM to Spaced that it's his turn then. ;)