Rhoth

The Calling of Nharr - Stellaris Succession Game AAR

307 posts in this topic

Post your save in the main Stellaris thread and I can take a look if you want.

Trying to play a little today. I have lost overview over which DLC we have on, trying with the free DLCs from PDS, as I *think* I had last time. None of the bought DLC.

Also, we started this with 1.8, right? I have 1.9 now, as do all I guess. Was last turn played with 1.9? Trying now, as we speak...

Nik's 2nd Turn - Part 1

We are at war. Our predecessor left us it. They said it'd be a quick war. We will see. Here is the diplomatic map at the start of our term. It seems okay. Dark green is us. Red is enemies. Our economy is at the top:

3EYe3FF.jpg

War goes smooth. We start researching a rare tech:

MqgZOrf.jpg

18th of september 2351, we force peace upon our enemies. Our price is harsh:

ZGdMOQ8.jpg

Then this tech pops up:

OZXi0BF.jpg

By the way. We are SOOOOO close to a federation here:

tu4p7sD.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand two month later:

KI8pSIe.jpg

HOOOOORAY! :D:D:D

mGjBIAy.jpg

We also get a new rare tech:

9diVnB8.jpg

Our federation grows:

mTqgDAr.jpg

2352, we finish integrating Confederation of Rothak Holdings. They now are a sector under us called Awesome Sector. ;)

We then start researchin tachyon lances, which I believe are very good?

AVqOvmU.jpg

Next tech is another rare one, this one is for psionics:

GAYmykZ.jpg

We then implement federal unity into our traditions:

gtuteyN.jpg

And thus five out of our twenty year reign is done.

Nik's 2nd Turn - Part 2

Oooooh, NOOOOO! Almost a year in, and The Jakly Mediators have declared war on our ally, the Great Tebadoran Combine. And since we're in a federation... And the Jakly are allied to the Pallyrian Watchers. Somehow that's two separate wars it seems.

This is what we're facing. We can't set demands btw, due to it not being us that is attacked...

eaxc2zW.jpg

And this is us:

S83eUPN.jpg

And our two underlings of course. But those are both at pathetic level...

This can go badly... :( Jakly's one fleet is almost 400k, our largest fleet is 68k...

Nik's 2nd Turn - Part 3

Good news is, neither enemy wants anything from us. 

Bad news is, both enemies are our superiors in every way.

Better sit this one out, aye?

Yeah. About that. Our fleet was sitting fine in the middle of our territory, far from harm's way. 

I though.

Then, suddenly. This:

dvFqwXj.jpg

Nik's 2nd Turn - Part 4

Mid battle, while we are losing everything, basically, the Ymacera insults us. Yep, good - no, great - stuff is awaiting, I'm sure.

So when I could, I retreated. Fleet is "secure" somewhere while it's lost, but it's down to 29k or thereabouts.

Rebuilding with all the resources we have, 90 corvettes of 3 different designs, and some battleships. Took all our resources. But we gain 681 minerals each month, though.

But I think we might have to consider signing on to the enforced peace of Jakly when this war is over...

4 minutes ago, Rhoth said:

:barf:

I know... I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do.

1 minute ago, Nikolai said:

I know... I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do.

Wasn't saying it to you, was saying it to the situation.  It's kind of what I was expecting to happen, though honestly I thought the AE would be attacking us not the Tebadorans.

Alright. :)

Nik's 2nd Turn - Part 5

Well, this is not going well. All I can do is to minimize damage. We're close to getting mega structures fwiw.

We keep out of the war as much as we can, letting our border worlds in the galactic south fall. Our core rebuilds our navy. For what it's worth.

For a few years, this works. We're back up at ca 65k fleet size. Our enemies are not really advancing anymore, although they can if they want. Wars are at -20% and -28%.

Then:

KNUtvef.jpg

Nik's 2nd Turn - Part 6

We continue to do nothing, hoping the enemy will come with a split fleet. Else we're doomed.

We do get megastructures in 2362, though:

XNGuGkl.jpg

Finally, they invade. In small numbers, relatively speaking. Might we get our first win?

Elnj6za.jpg

Spoiler: We did.

Then, this:

tfM5qh5.jpg

And the game won't let me retreat, even though I was not engaging, but the darn thing was engaging a MINING STATION...!

Only after losing almost 10k of our navy did I get the chance to retreat. Sorry guys, this won't end well. :(

:lol: (at the situation again)

Ah, so begins the end of the Calling of Nharr.  Not your fault, just the situation in general.

Going to bed now, but will try to play some more soon. Worst case, I resume Thursday. Last day at work before Christmas, and visitors we have now go home that day. I have 6-7 years left to play.

2 hours ago, Rhoth said:

:barf:

:eek:

And ya'll were wanting ME to take up the save....  :rolleyes:

What are their demands again??  Where is the peace total at ATM?

2 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Alright. :)

Nik's 2nd Turn - Part 5

Well, this is not going well. All I can do is to minimize damage. We're close to getting mega structures fwiw.

We keep out of the war as much as we can, letting our border worlds in the galactic south fall. Our core rebuilds our navy. For what it's worth.

For a few years, this works. We're back up at ca 65k fleet size. Our enemies are not really advancing anymore, although they can if they want. Wars are at -20% and -28%.

Then:

KNUtvef.jpg

picture is not showing....

1 hour ago, Nikolai said:

Nik's 2nd Turn - Part 6

We continue to do nothing, hoping the enemy will come with a split fleet. Else we're doomed.

We do get megastructures in 2362, though:

XNGuGkl.jpg

Finally, they invade. In small numbers, relatively speaking. Might we get our first win?

Elnj6za.jpg

Spoiler: We did.

Then, this:

tfM5qh5.jpg

And the game won't let me retreat, even though I was not engaging, but the darn thing was engaging a MINING STATION...!

Only after losing almost 10k of our navy did I get the chance to retreat. Sorry guys, this won't end well. :(

pictures also not showing...

1 hour ago, Rhoth said:

:lol: (at the situation again)

Ah, so begins the end of the Calling of Nharr.  Not your fault, just the situation in general.

Now, if this had been the talked about update (the one still in development) , we likely would not have lost as much as well as giving them more of a bloody eye in the process...

If this one crashes and burns, do we want to start a new one, with all the DLC's (as it seems that everyone does have it now... )?

6 minutes ago, E_T said:

pictures also not showing...

Try shift-f5? They show for others, it seems. Imgur. 

All your other pictures work fine.  Only these last four are not working correctly.  I even looked at the link and it is not showing anything.

and I'm putting that link into this post to see if it works...

KNUtvef.jpg

which is https://i.imgur.com/KNUtvef.jpg

It might be the public library WiFi blocking that site (or not allowing the secure connection for some reason)...  I'll try it later when I get to some other WiFi spot that I know works...

53 minutes ago, E_T said:

If this one crashes and burns, do we want to start a new one, with all the DLC's (as it seems that everyone does have it now... )?

I'd rather wait and see what the Cherryh patch brings first. 

I do NOT expect it until Mid March, at the earliest.  I'm going to say that it will be more towards April before they will have it out (and then there will be at least two hotfix patches before it's "stable").  Don't forget, not only are they reworking the Main game core, BUT they will ALSO have to rework any of the released DLC's that might be impacted by those core game changes. 

So, I think that there will be plenty of time for another game, if it DOES come to it...

yeah, they are working now, the reason the others had showed, was they were cashed...

Well, if this game is toast, I would be interested in doing another one before the next big re-balancing patch.

As a note, I never intended to give our ally that planet in the peace settlement.  And scary wars, really time to run and hide there.  Although with everyone upgrading to jump drives, that gets harder.