Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

donald23

site feedback
New theme!

10 posts in this topic

Hi!

To go with the new forum software, there is now also a new theme! Made in Civ (6) style.

Let me know what you think and perhaps we can make adjustments.

One thing I would like to ask you guys for, this has a background picker. You can choose your own background (as I understand it) from available backgrounds. Currently that's only one. If you have good additions, that are also in style of this forum, let me know, pass me a link and I'll try to make it happen.

You can still go back to the old theme, scroll all the way down. In the bottom-left there is the word "Theme". Click it and select default.

1 person likes this

So theme background need to be Full HD or bigger, just to be clear. :)

Some suggestions for backgrounds: Egypt.jpg

giza.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

3OLTFVq.jpg

539647.png

Cool.   Looks nice. :b:

One thing that needs help, on the front where it says "Sid Civ" the text is cut in half, and you can only see the top half.  Need a screenie?

Interesting. For me none of the text is visible :)

It's also something I don't really have influence over... the background is the background from the main menu in the game.

But! If you provide me with an alternative image, I'll gladly put that up as a choice for background :)

So what are these new numbers above our avatars?

Is that like a prince-king-emperor-deity thing?

45 minutes ago, Rhoth said:

So what are these new numbers above our avatars?

Is that like a prince-king-emperor-deity thing?

Yes, it depicts your rank on the forum based on number of posts :) We always had that, just never an image to represent it. It's still in testing to see if we like that :D)

Love the aesthetic.

Not as much of a fan of the new forum format, though.  Double-spacing out everything between lines makes everything take up over twice the space vertically and it's harder to read threads without a LOT of scrolling.

That aside, I like it.

(It's also awesome that I can log in again, btw... my browser and anti-virus were throwing temper tantrums every time I tried for months)

On 8/1/2017 at 3:35 AM, Arnelos said:

Love the aesthetic.

Not as much of a fan of the new forum format, though.  Double-spacing out everything between lines makes everything take up over twice the space vertically and it's harder to read threads without a LOT of scrolling.

That aside, I like it.

(It's also awesome that I can log in again, btw... my browser and anti-virus were throwing temper tantrums every time I tried for months)

That has been an issue indeed. Those are now solved and measures take to prevent that in the future. Mostly by using this new forum software and implementing HTTPS.

You can still change the Theme by the way. 

Completely at the bottom, you have a small text Theme with a little downwards arrow next to it. Click the arrow and select the other theme.