Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexander

Double Civ DLC Pack

34 posts in this topic

Apparently, one of the devs let slip in a Twitch livestream that the next DLC will be a double civ pack. (Exciting!)

Plus, the word on the net is that somebody recently found some file names that revealed the next two civs.

If this is correct, then the next two civs may be:

Persia and Macedonia

I'd take that with a large grain of salt though.

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

Apparently, one of the devs let slip in a Twitch livestream that the next DLC will be a double civ pack. (Exciting!)

Plus, the word on the net is that somebody recently found some file names that revealed the next two civs.

If this is correct, then the next two civs may be:

Hide contents

Persia and Macedonia

I'd take that with a large grain of salt though.

In the last live stream it was indeed announced that the 4th DLC (last to be included in the Deluxe edition) will indeed be a double civ DLC.

I remember seeing that post about file contents. I can't seem to find where though. But from your remark of taking that with a grain of salt, I gather that the source is not trustworthy?

People found those two in the art assets. But then we still have the unaccounted for Isabella from the Firaxis wall chart leak.

I would hold too much in either source.

1 hour ago, donald23 said:

But from your remark of taking that with a grain of salt, I gather that the source is not trustworthy?

I don't know about untrustworthy. But since it's just info garnered from data mining, it's definitely unverifiable. It's just as likely to be meaningless as it is to be real evidence.

9 hours ago, Alexander said:

I don't know about untrustworthy. But since it's just info garnered from data mining, it's definitely unverifiable. It's just as likely to be meaningless as it is to be real evidence.

Ah check. I get that. And I agree.

Persia is being called for a lot on other forums though. So that one at least would make sense :)

And. if they do a little scenario....

1 person likes this

A Macedonian civ separate from Greece is unconventional, but certainly understandable in light of their (much-appreciated) efforts to emphasize the more traditional Greeks of Athens and Sparta.

I did in fact postulate such a decision a while back in my old thread on potential new civs.

But it seems my namesake is just too noteworthy to do without. Unless they do King Philip for some reason, though that makes little sense when there's already a King Philip in the game. It would also mess up any potential scenario of Alexander's conquests, which would almost certainly be included.

Mene mene tekel upharsin!

Persian DLC is confirmed.

30 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

Only Persia?

They verified Persia as the first half of the double civ DLC pack.

The Persia First Look video is up too. Leader is Cyrus.

Second civ in the pack is still officially TBA, but Macedonia is starting to look more and more likely.

Too bad we don't have a news section anymore. :p

2 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

Too bad we don't have a news section anymore. :p

We could start an official news subforum.

And maybe link from our Facebook page?

Would probably mean a lot of double threads though, if we have one news forum and separate games forums?

The Facebook page could just link to threads here, of course.

1 hour ago, Nikolai said:

Would probably mean a lot of double threads though, if we have one news forum and separate games forums?

The Facebook page could just link to threads here, of course.

Maybe we could just tag the threads with a [News] prefix as needed?

I guess that could work, yes. :) 

Moderators (I think) can feature a topic. It then gets the green star it currently has (I featured this topic). 

Other then that, the ModCP has a section to create Announcements. I just created such an Announcement for this.

I would appreciate it when other moderators can help maintain those :D

Sure can do. :) But we still have no news part of the site like we had before, right? Or am I blind?

3 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

Sure can do. :) But we still have no news part of the site like we had before, right? Or am I blind?

Nope, that's not here. With IPS that simply costs more money.

Aaaaand Macedonia is confirmed! 

That guy looks like your classic douchebag high school quarterback who only dates cheerleaders.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Rhoth said:

That guy looks like your classic douchebag high school quarterback who only dates cheerleaders.

Or who is a cheerleader!

These two versus Rome would be a good game.

My namesake has already been voted "the most punchable face in Civ6," and the DLC hasn't even been released yet. :)