GrandpaTroll

Specs for running this game

19 posts in this topic

Minimum

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greater

MEMORY: 4 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more

DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation

VIDEO CARD: 1 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or nVidia 450)

Recommended

PROCESSOR: Fourth generation Intel Core i5 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX8350 4.0 Ghz or greater

MEMORY: 8 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more

DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation

VIDEO CARD: 2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater)

Other Requirements

Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 and 2015 Runtime Libraries, and Microsoft DirectX. Internet connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details.

My system I am on is a laptop, HP 4535

Processor: AMD E2-3000M APU with Radeon Graphics 1.8 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM) 4 GB (3.47 usable)

System Type 64 Bit OS

Windows 7 Professional

No problems running thus far, a little loading time, not sure if its normal, nothing too excessive though.

Gramps

Gramps sighting!

How are you?

I've had no issues on a surface pro i7.

I have a pretty modern PC, that I built less than a year ago. But my GPU is ancient.Specs:i5 6600 @ 3.3 GHz6 GB DDR3 RAMRadeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAMWindows 10 64-bit256 GB SSDSo everything's pretty new except the GPU, which is 5-6 years old tech now I think. Still, game runs great, even on mid-high settings. Between turn times in the early late game, which is where I timed last time, was 6 seconds!

Edited by Nikolai

Gramps sighting!

How are you?

I've had no issues on a surface pro i7.

Doing great my friend!

Been busy at work and of course 6 grandchildren keep me blessed!

I was soooo disappointed in CIV V (more than I was disappointed at Sid Meier's Railroad) that I never got the expansion packs and felt used as a long time fan, however it was business and I kept playing and modding - by - Gramps on BTS.....making maps and setups having a blast!!!!

I started monitoring and told wife I was going to give it one more shot and am sure glad I did!

I couldnt get a strategy guide so I downloaded the PDF at 2K and made my own gameguide...then can add to it when I find some interesting tricks and tips as people post them.

Have you heard when the addons such as Map Maker and Modbuddy (thinks thats the name I heard was what they called it????) which are supposed to appear on Steam IIRC??

Take care buddy, Im around more now, played about 7 hours today on CIV VI in between watching NFL all day.

Regards

Gramps

I have a pretty modern PC, that I built less than a year ago. But my GPU is ancient.

Specs:

i5 6600 @ 3.3 GHz

6 GB DDR3 RAM

Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM

Windows 10 64-bit

256 GB SSD

So everything's pretty new except the GPU, which is 5-6 years old tech now I think. Still, game runs great, even on mid-high settings. Between turn times in the early late game, which is where I timed last time, was 6 seconds!

Great Nikolai!

Good to hear from you too!

Saw your name in the credits, congrats!!!!

Gramps

Thanks Gramps, good to see you too!

Hello again, friends. If you remember me you know I knew nothing of computers; now I know still less.

I got an email from 2K to "buy now" the game. But,

A "Steam" thing.. what's that?

And several options...since the game began now I guess it's about some kind of connection or that Steam thing.

Please, can you be kind enough to help me?

Steam thing?

Steam is the platform Civ6 uses for distribution. It's a program that lets you buy games (or redeem keys for games bought elsewhere that uses Steam as a platform), and run them. It autopatches the games and makes it possible to subscribe to mods that is also autoupdated.

Civ6 can only be played through Steam.:)

Thank you, Nikolai.

There 4 options: buy the game, buy the game - Digital Deluxe, buy the Steam Controller+the game and buy the Steam Controller+the game Digital Deluxe.

So, the "Digital Controller" means better graphics or what?

And the "Steam Controller" what for this thing?

My thanks in advance.

Digital Deluxe is (IIRC) the item the name for purchasing both the base game and pre-purchasing the next 4 DLC packs up front. This was what I purchased since I would have probably ended up buying them anyway.

Steam Controller means you purchase the game with a Steam controller. It's basically like a Playstation controller only with thumb pads instead of thumbsticks. It's very much not necessary for the game (I found the thumb pads difficult to use with other games like Skyrim too).

This thing:

81oyj8wrlCL._SX522_.jpg

Edited by Rhoth

Fed, if you think you'll play the game to death, and I think most here would fall into that camp on first impressions after 4 days of playing, then I'd recommend the Digital Deluxe version.

If you're not sure that you'll like Civ6 and prefer to play it safe, or are happy to wait until the DLC are reduced in a sale then go for the basic game.

I wouldn't go for the Steam Controller options. Civ plays perfectly well with the old mouse and keyboard.

Fed, I looked on Steam and it says you are a member and one of my friends there, so you must have it on your computer already; the last time you logged on was 1070 days ago though. You've played 179 hours of Civ5 on Steam and a bit of Magic: The Gathering.

Thank you Roth and Rob.

Then I'll buy the Digital but not the Controller.

Is there any advantage to wait for the DVD (not on sale yet here in Lisbon) or better go right now to the Steam instalation?

And the manual, how to get it?

Cheers.

No, not if you don't need the physical extras.

No advantage of having the physical DVD in my opinion.

There's a manual available via Steam, once you've bought the game, or google 'civilization 6 manual' and follow the first link.

Hi, so, at last I got to install the game.

Now, I need to print the manual to read it while the game runs.

Is it better, if possible, to print from the game or from this site?

My thanks in advance.

I wouldn't print it. Just play with it open, and alt-tab as necessary.