BigDork

Everybody's (NOT) Working for the Weekend

53 posts in this topic

So what's everyone up to this weekend? Anyone doing anything good?

Unfortunately the leaves have started to fall around my house. My neighbor has an annoying fence that stops all the leaves from going into his yard and so they all pile up in mine. So I'm gonna spend some time getting what's already there before they really start to pile up to an unmanageable level. Also I haven't mowed my lawn in over a month. Gotta do that.

Saturday night my wife and I are going to a Cards Against Humanity party. It's been a long time since I've played. Hell, it's been a long time since I've played just about anything. So I'm really looking forward to that.

Sunday... football and watching the kids while my wife hosts a Scentsy party. I plan on keeping my head down as much as possible with that. The best thing though is I'll be making gin bucket for the ladies. There should still be plenty for me. :cheers:

Gin Bucket

3 lemons, small chunks

3 oranges, small chunks

3 limes, small chunks

1 2 liter bottle of Sprite

2 cans frozen pink lemonade

1 can of gin

1 can of rum

Lots of ice

Use empty pink lemonade can to measure out gin and rum. For extra flavor I recommend using apple rum or apple gin.

Specifically, there's a Halloween convention this weekend, and we have a megacrapton of work to be done as well.

Halloween.

:lol:

Yeah, that's probably taking up just a bit of your time right now. That and the house.

I am flying home, only for a week, after being away for two weeks in the Kingdom of Tonga (we are opening a new hotel there on 01 Nov).

So it will be family, family and family. Tonight will be Cluedo, a couple of episodes of ST DS9 (we have worked our way through TOS and NG) and then cards. Sunday morning will be taking the dogs for a run/swim on the beach, lazy lunch at the Vuda Boat Shed, more boardgames, the boys and I will cook dinner, followed probably by more DS9 and cards.

We try and have no electronics (apart from music and TV for Star Trek (or Andromeda or Blakes 7 or Doctor who when it comes back on next year) from lunch time Saturday until they retreat their bedrooms Sunday night.

Good luck with the new hotel launch Nugog! :b:

Gardening

Gardening

Gardening (it's Spring in NZ and lots to get ready for the summer ahead)

Diwali Festival

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Walking

Wash car

Clean windows

Jobs around the house

Catch a movie

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Civ prep

Reordered for you... :p

I didn't want to appear as a total loser! ;)

Reordered for you... :p

I didn't want to appear as a total loser! ;)

And if I add my 5 cents they might think we're all total losers in NZ :p lol

So, sandwiched somewhere between my Civ prep is a game of poker with my brothers tomorrow :D

Much more socially acceptable haha

Staying up tonight on work projects on my laptop (at least while running Civ on my PC!)

Going to a party gathering tomorrow morning where I can get yelled at by Trumpkins I hear are very mad at me for daring to post on social media that sexual assault is never acceptable.

Delivering campaign materials around the district for a local candidate trying to survive the apocalypse

Hopefully getting to play with my son at some point by mid afternoon!

Staying up again working on projects on my laptop (while running Civ on my pc!)

No idea about Sunday yet. If I get my work done, it's possible I could get a day to spend with my wife & son. If not, more work. At least when I work from home, no-one cares if I'm running a game on the other machine. We'll probably go visit the inlaws that evening if I'm not buried in work.

I'm looking forward to November. I usually get a few weeks off to make up for the extra hours.

And if I add my 5 cents they might think we're all total losers in NZ :p lol

So, sandwiched somewhere between my Civ prep is a game of poker with my brothers tomorrow :D

Much more socially acceptable haha

Don't worry Camel, we're all used to Penry by now so you won't be hurting NZ reputation... :p

4 hours of grading

2+ hours of lesson planning (going to be an odd one as I have PSAT proctoring, so am in the building, and no real sub just moving my kids to other classrooms that are also half empty)

Rock, Gem, Mineral & Fossil show (about 1.5 hours drive away) if baby & wife is up to it

Take garage sale stuff out of garage so wife can park in it again and not yell at me to scrape the ice off her windshield every morning before I go to work

Local farmers market (sat morning). Time to stock up on cheep apples to test my applejack recipe again this year (last year wasn't good)

2 hours putting the second coat of paint on the shutters outside, quite warm already, but not as bad as when I put the first coat.

Now still have to put 2 coats of poly so I don't have to paint them again, virtually, ever! In reality the poly will only protect for less than 20 years.

Prepping my house for sale and my eventual bug out in about a month.

Today: taking my son to his music lesson and then going to a tiny house convention show (he's a fan of tiny houses...which is amusing since he'll be like 6'-6" by the time he is fully grown)

Tomorrow: watching the NFL and chores

And if I add my 5 cents they might that will confirm that they think we're all total losers in NZ :p lol

Fixed this... :cute:

Staying up tonight on work projects on my laptop (at least while running Civ on my PC!)

Going to a party gathering tomorrow morning where I can get yelled at by Trumpkins I hear are very mad at me for daring to post on social media that sexual assault is never acceptable.

Delivering campaign materials around the district for a local candidate trying to survive the apocalypse

Hopefully getting to play with my son at some point by mid afternoon!

Staying up again working on projects on my laptop (while running Civ on my pc!)

No idea about Sunday yet. If I get my work done, it's possible I could get a day to spend with my wife & son. If not, more work. At least when I work from home, no-one cares if I'm running a game on the other machine. We'll probably go visit the inlaws that evening if I'm not buried in work.

I'm looking forward to November. I usually get a few weeks off to make up for the extra hours.

Which Civ and if it's IV, why the heck haven't you joined us in the "Last Pass" Succession game of Civ4. I'm currently at war with two civs and just [spoilers]...

so get your @$$ over there and tag in...

Don't worry Camel, we're all used to Penry by now so you won't be hurting NZ reputation... :p

Him and a few other Down unders, in days gone by.... say, somebody go and check the sheep ranches in Australia and see if they can drag MrWIA away for a bit...

Which Civ and if it's IV, why the heck haven't you joined us in the "Last Pass" Succession game of Civ4. I'm currently at war with two civs and just [spoilers]...

so get your @$$ over there and tag in...

Civ:BE and Civ:V :p

I might switch to Kerbal Space Program in a bit here or something else. Dunno. Just killing time, really.

Hey! A cat got caught up a tree last week, front page news in NZ! :p

I think Penry and I will have to team up in a team game, and unleash a world of organised prepared mico-managed hurt on the rest of you!

It's handbags at dawn then! (That's how we do it in NZ :p)

Hey! A cat got caught up a tree last week, front page news in NZ! :p

:facepalm: Yeah...unhelpful Penry! You've now likely scuttled any chance we had of beating Australia into Civ VI with that reveal!

I think Penry and I will have to team up in a team game, and unleash a world of organised prepared mico-managed hurt on the rest of you!

tlm_homepage_micromanagers.jpg?l.r2=-1048206113

Yes. The micro-managers from the Lego Movie.