Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Sharpe

Comments that make you feel old(er)

25 posts in this topic

Email is "snail mail"... from a 10 year old family friend recently.

"What's a VCR?" ... from a 12 year old family friend.

"CDs and DVDs are antiquated" ... from a 15 year old (actually I agree with him still I remember when CDs were the brand new thing in music and I still buy some DVDs sigh).

I'm with you lol. At 37 I can't keep up with the changes anymore lol

During Fall cleaning I came across my Y2K shirt and showed it to my kids. "What is that, some sort of terrorist organization?". Nooooo!!!! :mad: I explained to them that back in December 1999, when the clocks rolled over to January 1st 2000, airplanes could've dropped out of the sky, bank accounts could've been deleted, dogs and cats could've been living together, and it was people like me who helped save the world from being sent back to 1900. My kids just turned away and went back to playing with their digital gadgets.....

D

Y2K  Threat.jpg

Sounds like what my nephews do when I share anything from my childhood with them haha.

Tape anybody?

Shoot, LP's and singles...

dogs and cats could've been living together

[ATTACH]14430[/ATTACH]

Arrrgh!!! the end is near!!!

How about "Daddy I'm going to middle school." My son was born 2 days before I turned 30 and now he's 11. Where does the time go? :scared:

My son is a grandfather!

You win. :)

Every time one of kids says: "Dad hold my beer and watch this!"

Talking about setting points with one of the guys about my age who is another "Fix It guy", and the younger guys in the office having no idea what we were talking about.

During Fall cleaning I came across my Y2K shirt and showed it to my kids. "What is that, some sort of terrorist organization?". Nooooo!!!! :mad: I explained to them that back in December 1999, when the clocks rolled over to January 1st 2000, airplanes could've dropped out of the sky, bank accounts could've been deleted, dogs and cats could've been living together, and it was people like me who helped save the world from being sent back to 1900. My kids just turned away and went back to playing with their digital gadgets.....

D

[ATTACH]14430[/ATTACH]

Amen!!!

The world as we know it...will cease and desist!!!!!

I remember so many doom and gloom prep talks in our company and lo and behold....not much more than a slight burp!

How about "Daddy I'm going to middle school." My son was born 2 days before I turned 30 and now he's 11. Where does the time go? :scared:

Rhoth

I have 6 grandchildren...I got to hold my oldest grandson 42 minutes into the world!!! He is now 13!!!!!! Our son, he is a Lt with Detectives at our Sheriffs Office....Internal Affairs and a certified Police Instructor for the State of North Carolina...he teaches/leads at BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training) at our local Community College.......our daughter is a PA (Physicians Assistant) at a Heart Center.....me and my angel have over 31 years of marriage....both the children are legally my step children....but stop and think for a moment how much life has changed in 25 years.....amazing!!!!

I teach high school.

None of the kids remember pre-9/11

Similar one for me today (though not as extreme!). Most of my co-workers were little kids on 9/11. They are agog that I'm old enough to have been graduating college that far back in ancient history.

(yeah, it's a really young workplace - I'm perhaps the 3rd or 4th oldest person in the entire company of around 80 employees - and I'm not even 40!)

And can't understand the impact of the events of that day as they progressed. Especially how things were at 8:30 that day and how much they changed afterwards... and not all for the better, either...

Flying to Bali today for a family holiday. Get away from this crappy weather.

Flying to Bali today for a family holiday. Get away from this crappy weather.

No offense Dale, but this comment really isn't making me feel older. :)

D

Nah I just wanted to make you all jealous. :D

:lol:

Consider it Mission Accomplished! Hope you have a Great time! :b:

D

Success. B@st..... mumble grumble. ;)

Make sure you don't forget to use your suntan lotion... :D