nzcamel

Your Civ6 Leader League

219 posts in this topic

Yeah, you're right.

Also, go check my new thread on India.:)

I thought I might be being rude, so I sent it all to Penry in a message lol.

India! Yay! Nukes!! lol

Nah, we're all collecting information here.:) It's cool.:b:

Added Mahatma Gandhi to reflect lastest "First Look' info.

OK, a bit more considered approach this time and didn't just go on gut instinct:

1: Tomyris and Gandhi - 14 points

3: Cleopatra - 16 points

4: Qin and Frederick - 20 points

6: Hojo - 23 points

7: Philip - 31 points

8: Pedro and Monty - 32 points

10: Victoria - 34 points

11: Catherine - 35 points

12: Teddy - 41 points

Here are my first/last for each category:

Civ ability: Frederick first, Vicky last

Leader ability: Qin first, Pedro last

UU: Tomyris first, Frederick last

UI: Frederick first, Teddy last

I wonder whether Gandhi has done so well due to the cult of the new? It will be interesting to see how well he does over the coming weeks. Strange that we have Mrs. Warmonger and Mr. Pacifist tied at #1! What does that say about me? ;)

All we know is that they'll be led by Peter the Great.

:mad:

OK, a bit more considered approach this time and didn't just go on gut instinct:

I wonder whether Gandhi has done so well due to the cult of the new? It will be interesting to see how well he does over the coming weeks. Strange that we have Mrs. Warmonger and Mr. Pacifist tied at #1! What does that say about me? ;)

See I'm rating India middle. I don't play the faith/culture game much, so the civ and leader traits are quite "meh". Though the civ trait is decent enough, but again limited to the fact you need other religions in your cities. If you don't have that, then your civ trait is dead in the water. You need to be next to someone like Spain who will push religions into your cities. The varu looks good, but I bet it's offset with a high hammer cost and slow movement. The stepwell looks okay to make tall cities, but I like other Civs UO (Unique Other) better.

So average civ trait, poor leader trait, good UU and average UO. Evens out to an average Civ in my book.

:b:

I'm looking forward to seeing your revised rankings Dale. I wonder where precisely Gandhi will end up. I was quite surprised that he ended up so high in my table.

That is an odd combo! But I can appreciate the advantages of both. The whole point of this exercise is to try and help expunge the 'cult of the new' ;) and you did say that you put more thought into it...

See I'm rating India middle. I don't play the faith/culture game much, so the civ and leader traits are quite "meh". Though the civ trait is decent enough, but again limited to the fact you need other religions in your cities. If you don't have that, then your civ trait is dead in the water. You need to be next to someone like Spain who will push religions into your cities. The varu looks good, but I bet it's offset with a high hammer cost and slow movement. The stepwell looks okay to make tall cities, but I like other Civs UO (Unique Other) better.

So average civ trait, poor leader trait, good UU and average UO. Evens out to an average Civ in my book.

Where as I do play a faith & culture game :p

And Gandhi's leader ability will have a few wondering whether or not they can afford to attack him when they otherwise would; if their amenities are maxed out. I'd like to see the real world application for that! Sneaky Indian agents burning down houses in retaliation for being declared war on haha

I'm looking forward to seeing your revised rankings Dale. I wonder where precisely Gandhi will end up. I was quite surprised that he ended up so high in my table.

Me too Dale :D

I'll be back with mine soon, and I suspect Gandhi will do pretty well.

Here's my rankings for (what I will call for simplicity sake) week 2:India

I've tried to be brutal... ironically already found myself getting attached to the idea of Cathy and Cleo at the top lol :o But a few things have changed position, other than just the Indian's coming into the field. Without further ado...

1) Catherine - 14

2) Cleopatra &... Gandhi! - 18

4) Qin - 25

5) Hojo & Monty - 26

7) Frederick - 27

8) Teddy & Vic - 30

10) Tomyris - 31

11) Philip II - 33

12) Pedro II - 34

Catherine still holds her place convincingly; I figured Gandhi would do alright on my list with some of his abilities; The Eagle Warrior has slipped under pressure; C'mon Fred...the U-Boat hasn't sunk you yet!

First n Last:

Civ: America - Spain

Leader: Cleo - Vicky

UU: Japan - America

UI: Germany - China

Hmmm, a big slip for Monty on your list and almost as big for Pedro and Philip! None of your choices improved with age, although Hojo remained steady.

Shame we didn't start this on the first reveal, it would be interesting to see how things changed week on week.

Hmmm, a big slip for Monty on your list and almost as big for Pedro and Philip! None of your choices improved with age, although Hojo remained steady.

Shame we didn't start this on the first reveal, it would be interesting to see how things changed week on week.

They pretty much all slid lol.

Oooooooo some smack talk :D Given that our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choices could be said to be identical you can't diss my choices too much! Geez lol

Or were you just pointing out that no Civ went up in my estimation? If that's what you're saying rather than knocking my awesome choices (lol) I think some actually did, but it's tricky to see what with the low score being the best, and high scores being the worst. I think I chose to do it this way, because even with the increasing number of civs each week, it's easier to compare over time what we think of the ones we rate as being good; as their scores won't fluctuate as much...if that makes sense.

I'm def interested in seeing the changes from week to week too. Ah well, it's good I found your site then ;)

Or were you just pointing out that no Civ went up in my estimation? If that's what you're saying rather than knocking my awesome choices (lol) I think some actually did, but it's tricky to see what with the low score being the best, and high scores being the worst. I think I chose to do it this way, because even with the increasing number of civs each week, it's easier to compare over time what we think of the ones we rate as being good; as their scores won't fluctuate as much...if that makes sense.

Having crunched the numbers (I do enjoy crunching numbers :D ) I can confirm that quite a few rose in my estimation ;)

If I use Catherine as an example to explain what I'm doing, just cos I'm shite at explaining things like this:

I've divided Catherine's first week score (11), by the total worst score she could have got (44); which has given me a percentage (25%), though I'll keep it in it's decimal form rounded to three digits for clarity = 0.250

If I do the same with her second week score (14), divided by the new worst possible score (48); I come up with 0.292

As lower scores are best; her increase in percentage in the second week indicates that she has fallen in my rankings.

Week 1 : Week 2

Catherine, 0.250 : 0.292 = Fallen

Cleopatra, 0.386 : 0.375 = Improved

Monty, 0.432 : 0.542 = Fallen

Qin, 0.523 : 0.521 = Improved

Fred, 0.568 : 0.563 = Improved

Hojo, 0.591 : 0.542 = Improved

Teddy, 0.614 : 0.625 = Fallen

Vic, 0.614 : 0.625 = Fallen

Pedro, 0.659 : 0.708 = Fallen

Tomyris, 0.682 : 0.646 = Improved

Philip, 0.682 : 0.688 = Fallen

Lol, just another bunch of stats to track ;) Whoop!

I go for any civ that gives me an upper hand in my builder style playthroughs.

With the changing number of civs we would have had to do a percentage calculation no matter whether I had the points this way around (low) or the other (high) if we want to see truely if they're rising or falling from week to week. This way around it will often look like all the civs are getting worse in our estimation, when often they won't be; and the other way around it would've looked like they all were getting better in our estimations, even though many won't.

I go for any civ that gives me an upper hand in my builder style playthroughs.

Who appeals so far Nikolai? I'm a builder too...most of the time. A wide and tall builder :D

Why build when you can just take what some other mug built?

1: Tomyris - 10 points

2: Qin and Cleopatra - 17 points

4: Hojo and Frederick - 20 points

6: Phillip - 24 points

7: Catherine - 25 points

8: Monty - 29 points

9: Victoria - 31 points

10: Pedro - 32 points

11: Teddy - 39 points

So looking at your lists Penry...

Tomyris, 0.227 : 0.292 = has fallen! :eek: by 6% :p

Cleo, 0.386 : 0.333 = has improved

Qin, 0.386 : 0.417 = has fallen

Hojo, 0.455 : 0.479 = has fallen

Fred, 0.455 : 0.417 = has improved

Philip, 0.545 : 0.646 = has fallen

Catherine, 0.568 : 0.729 = has fallen

Monty, 0.659 : 0.667 = has fallen

Vic, 0.705 : 0.708 = has fallen

Pedro, 0.727 : 0.667 = has improved

Teddy, 0.886 : 0.854 = has improved :D (Teddy is my fav American president, so this has been painful haha. Nice to have an improve for him)

Edited by nzcamel
spelling

Why build when you can just take what some other mug built?

I dunno...guess I don't like mess. And what others have built is never as tidy as what I build ;)

CivIII onwards made war almost inevitable at times though, with scarcity in resources being introduced. So I will get my hands dirty *shudders* lol

War is boring, Dale. Simple as that.

Camel, of the civs revealed so far...I dunno. Egypt seems to be a good bet. Perhaps Catherine.

Camel, of the civs revealed so far...I dunno. Egypt seems to be a good bet. Perhaps Catherine.

I like the way you're thinking :D

You should take a mo, and rank them as we have (best ability = 1 point, worst ability = 12 points; in each of the four differing catagories; leaving out agendas)...you might surprise yourself ;)

If you do it in a spread sheet it doesn't take tooo long lol

Camel, I can assure you I won't be much surprised.;) But perhaps I will.

Edited by Nikolai

Hmmm, I tried to include an edit, but it doesn't seem to stick...:( Something wonky with the forums lately.

What I tried to write: Not sure I understand the point system, tbh.

Hmmm, I tried to include an edit, but it doesn't seem to stick...:( Something wonky with the forums lately.

What I tried to write: Not sure I understand the point system, tbh.

So you rank each of the four unique traits of each civilization. There's: Civ Ability; Leader Ability; Unique Unit; and Unique Building/Improvement/District (leave out agendas, as they're less relevant).

So for instance with the Unique Unit, I've judged that the Japanese Samurai is the best Unique Unit in the game = I give it 1 point. I think the Spanish Conquistador is the 2nd best Unique Unit in the game = I give it 2 points, and so on, till I've given points to each Unique Unit. Whichever I rate lowest will get 12 points, because there are 12 civilizations to judge at the moment.

Do the same with the other 3 unique categories (note - the bonus unique units for America (Rough Rider) and England (Redcoat) are tied to their leaders, so add them into your judgments on their leader ability, not their unique unit).

Once you've done all four, add them up.

So I gave France the following:

Civilization Ability - Grand Tour: 2 points.

Leader Ability - Catherine's Flying Squadron: 2 Points

Unique Unit - Garde Imperiale: 5 points

Unique Improvement - Chateau: 5 points

France/Catherine's total: 14

As we are giving lowest points to the traits we like the most; the Civ who has the lowest total score wins. Post each civ and the total score you have given them, so we can see how you like them, vs what we like.

Also note which Civ you thought was best and what civ you thought was worst in each trait. There is no wrong or right answer in how you rate each trait; as in we all play the game differently.

Feel free to clarify if this isn't making sense ;)

Camel, I can assure you I won't be much surprised.;) But perhaps I will.

Lol

I was!