Sharpe

Your Civilization Purchase and Playing History

45 posts in this topic

Good to see you again Gramps!

Heh, was just revisiting some old Civ4 memories here and came across a few bad ones too...namely my ongoing feud with Harovan over a couple of in-game choices of mine in some mutual PBEMs that he...uh, didn't care for. ;) I wonder if he still plays.

He does, although no longer under that nickname. :p And his memories of his last encounter with you are rather fond. :p

He does, although no longer under that nickname. :p And his memories of his last encounter with you are rather fond. :p

I'm sure. ;)

I have to admit, I'm morbidly curious where you know him from?

Seriously??!! Oh wow! I never in a million years expected that. :lol:

Well, at least now I know why in our first PBEM together you told me afterward that you knew to eliminate me early. I chalked it up to reading up on some of my other games. :D

For my part I apologize for our arguments back then. I was not in a very good place. Not an excuse, I just wasn't a very good person.

Seriously though, I never would have expected the two of you to be the same person. In all of our Skyrim gaming and discussion it never once occurred to me, though I knew you (as Harovan) liked games like that.

For my part I apologize for our arguments back then. I was not in a very good place. Not an excuse, I just wasn't a very good person.

Well, neither was I. I just didn't want our civ arguments to carry over to Other Games and so created Skírnir the roleplayer. And I signed up to Terra Incognica as Harovan the Civ player. But then, I couldn't be bothered to log over all the time, so I "resigned" TI as Harovan and let Skírnir take over my place.

On topic, by the way:

My first Civ game was Civ II, which I played a lot, and I liked it. I played Civ I later, but only one game, just to have seen it.

I played Civ III a lot too. I first liked it, but it never got as good as I had hoped.

Civ IV was certainly the best civ game I ever played, but truth be told I didn't play it nearly as much as Civ II and Civ III.

Civ V I played a couple of times and abandoned it. It was the first Civ game for which I didn't buy expansions. I didn't like it at all.

I have no hope for Civ VI. Doubt I'll buy it soon.

I played a lot of Civ-like games, like SMAC/X, both CtPs, Colonization, Civ IV Col, Beyond Earth.

Still shocked.

I think we both have learned from the past and I don't see a reason, why we shouldn't bury the old feud and be friends, no matter which login I am using.

I think we both have learned from the past and I don't see a reason, why we shouldn't bury the old feud and be friends, no matter which login I am using.

Sounds good to me. :b:

Well, at least now I know why in our first PBEM together you told me afterward that you knew to eliminate me early. I chalked it up to reading up on some of my other games. :D

Seriously though, I never would have expected the two of you to be the same person. In all of our Skyrim gaming and discussion it never once occurred to me, though I knew you (as Harovan) liked games like that.

:lol: And here he was, all this time while you poured your heart out about how "sorry" you were that you chased him off like you did... :lol:

On topic, by the way:

My first Civ game was Civ II, which I played a lot, and I liked it. I played Civ I later, but only one game, just to have seen it.

I played Civ III a lot too. I first liked it, but it never got as good as I had hoped.

Civ IV was certainly the best civ game I ever played, but truth be told I didn't play it nearly as much as Civ II and Civ III.

Civ V I played a couple of times and abandoned it. It was the first Civ game for which I didn't buy expansions. I didn't like it at all.

I have no hope for Civ VI. Doubt I'll buy it soon.

I played a lot of Civ-like games, like SMAC/X, both CtPs, Colonization, Civ IV Col, Beyond Earth.

Have you been watching the Civ VI forum here and what we have been doing? If not, stop over and check it out...

You still don't get it, do you? I am him. :lol:

Holy S! I go away for a couple days and this comes out?

Welcome back! :lol: