E_T

Desperately Seeking Beta

53 posts in this topic

Con is lazy and he sucks. :cute:

He's also unavailable for a few days based on him sending me info for his fantasy football picks, so he might not see this for a bit.

I like con just fine the lazy-and-sucks way he is... :nod:

Did a little bit more research. The dog book author that died was Canadian, but born in the 1940s. I know Beta wasn't that old. I think he was born in the early to mid 60's.

I have a decent # of emails of gamers. Just, trying to remember a) their nicknames and b) what game they were from (Civ, Eve Online, WOW, Fallen Earth, etc) won't be easy.

When I had met him, about a decade ago, he was already retired.

Who else should we be pestering?

everyone....

Did beta have a Gamespy alias?

Or did he just play pitboss

I remember that he had one set up his computer as a pitboss server for a few of the games

I spotted Grandpa Troll over at CFC earlier today. I sent him a PM inviting him to check us out if he had the inclination. Maybe we can get the band back together?

I haven't seen anybody else, except E_T, Nik, Geomodder and Donald. I only saw GT because I pinched the iPad screen, to zoom in to mark the forum read, and saw GTs name loom large into view in the Welcome thread!

Anyone looked over at CFC?? I did see a few people at RB (krill and co), but have not seen many here recently...

As far as I know, Provisori (sp) is somewhere in Japan... haven't heard from Audin in an age and so many more have gone silent, if not emigrated... I had at least gotten WB to pop out of hiding, but so many no longer around, as far as I know...

Beta has been AWOL for a long long time. I haven't heard from him in years. He never seems to visit steam or facebook. I have tried both (and the emails) trying to get a hold of him, numerous times over the years he has been missing. I haven't tried in a while, probably over a year likely more.

If he isn't participating he has his reasons. I just hope they are healthy reasons and he is continuing to enjoy his retirement.

He has been retired for years but I don't think he is much over 60. Unless something "sudden" happened, I imagine he is enjoying retirement in the great white north with his occasional trekking jaunts all over the world. One of the last times we talked he was heading down to or just back from South America, Peru I think.

Edited by conmcb25
1 person likes this

Ya, I think I have a FB friend request in with him for a couple of years now that was never accepted..... checking... yep.

Does Beta have any FB friends that can be queried as to his status??? Might have his wife friended or someone else who knows...

I am a FB friend of his. He hasn't posted there in several years.

Whom else are his FB friends (whom are not here and/or not seen this) and might be in contact with him and/or have further news of him...

Hmmm, just looked at his FB page (saw a few WPC peeps that I wasn't friends with... requests for friendship sent out!)

Anyways, nobody I readily recognize except I think Suzanne, his daughter I think. But, she hasn't posted anything for months. I am far from a true professional FB stalker though. IF someone who was linked to his account (instead of me who has just had a friend request into him for over a year) were to PM her, might get a response.

Just spoke to Beta a few minutes ago...He and his wife are good...He has been very busy and not been able to get to our inquiries (from multiple sources)...He was just about to go and take his dogs for a walk when I had called...He will post something here soon...told him about 6 and some of the last gasp 4 things in the works...

hope he posts soon...

Awesome!!! :beta: I've been really worried about him!! Tell him to come back and say hi. We miss him. :D

Ack..... I just purchased the stamp for the post card I made and was going to mail him.....