E_T

Desperately Seeking Beta

53 posts in this topic

where is glowing eyes??

Can anyone get in touch with Beta?

Dale will do a very good job' date=' too...

I have his email somewhere. How urgent?[/quote']

The Civ4 game for one, but also the up coming 6 SPDG. Besides, He is one of the very few Civ'ers that I have actually met and broken bread with... I want to know how he, his wife and dogs are all doing and if he might be coming to Central Florida again soon....

The Civ4 game for one, but also the up coming 6 SPDG. Besides, He is one of the very few Civ'ers that I have actually met and broken bread with... I want to know how he, his wife and dogs are all doing and if he might be coming to Central Florida again soon....

Sorry to continue the off topic part of this thread, but I for one would like to hear from Beta again too if someone can contact him. I've tried emailing him several times over the last few years and he has never answered. I've always hoped it was just that he changed his email and not something more dire. :scared:

He's a great guy, and one of the reasons I really got involved with the democracy game and PBEM communities back in the Civ3 and Civ4 days. I miss him.

I'll go find his email and fire off a come-hither now; I'll CC: you so you can follow up...

Edit: DO I have your email, Roth? I have almost all the regulars from our last glory days... Beta is indeed great.

E_T, it's sent, but the email addy for you bounced, and I had to forward it to Roth's new addy -didn't get the PM notification until too late, Roth. Those were all good in early 2012...

For the record...the email you have for Beta is the same one I've been sending emails to for the past couple years and haven't gotten a response from him.

...But this time it was me, and I am great King2.gif...

My email is royparrish01[swirlything]gmail[andyouknowtherest]

1 person likes this

...But this time it was me' date=' and I am [i']great[/i] [ATTACH=CONFIG]14396[/ATTACH]...
:lol:

I've done a resend w/ all-new addys - except for the one Beta's stopped checking :(...

the beta email I have is the one that is "his name + 57" at rogers, and another one that is the same front, but the back is at cogeco.

I assume that is the same email you have. I also have him as a friend on steam, but he hasn't logged into steam in over a year....

Edited by godking
1 person likes this

Is that rogers.ca or com?? We have the cogeco.ca one...

Have the same two as GK. He's not active on linkedin or facebook anymore either.

1 person likes this

I was doing some searching (with my phone, which is not the best for complex searching) and did see something that might have been an Obit, somewhere in Florida for around Feb, but had problems getting to where it linked to or something and I am not thinking it was him... but as i am not getting any replies...

Hadn't he married his woo-man freshly in 2011? Life changes, I guess.

Everybody loves Beta, that's for sure - he's like the anti-con...

Just from a quick Google search his name isn't unique, so it hopefully wasn't him in the obit. There are a lot of him running around. ;)

But I think he was the one in the 1000 islands area of canada, the writer maybe? if so, might be able to contact through publisher...

I think we need to split _The Search for Beta_ part into a separate thread?? maybe in the OT or community forums?

Yeah probably, it kind of took over this thread.

And he used to be a corporate guy before he retired. If he was a writer too I had no knowledge of it before we lost contact.

Agreed. -Maybe this belongs in Site, and we talk about pinging some other prodigals, too...

I definitely recall he was in Canada...

Yes he's Canadian. Lived around Toronto, but also lived somewhere in the western area of Canada for awhile (I think it was his sister's house though), and vacationed in Florida for a bit. Which was when E_T met him in person.

The writing was about dogs, but might be some other with same name...

Writing about dogs is certainly a possibility. He loved his dogs.

con would be the most likely to know more.

1 person likes this