Penry

[Pitboss] The Last Hurrah?

51 posts in this topic

28776730372_da2fdff4c4_b.jpg

So, Civ 6 comes out in 10 weeks or so. Who's up for one last visit to the bar? Last orders gents!

In:

Penry

Rhoth

Unorthodox

Viking

Bantams

Maybe:

Out:

E_T

Nikolai

The conversation so far:

Thanks Donald.

Is there any interest in one last hurrah before Civ 6 comes out?

Tempting....

I don't even know where the disks are with my present housing situation, though.

If there is enough other interest then yes I'm in.

Not me, am going through transitions and not able... Besides, I am putting my energies into getting ready for 6

I'd be up for a small, quick Pitboss game.

Just over 10 weeks to Civ 6 release.

Nah, I have plenty other to attend to these days.:) I'll be ready for a demogame when Civ6 is released.
Edited by Penry

I'd be up for a small, quick Pitboss game.

I'm in. Been a long time though so no guarantee I can beat you anymore, like I used to... :p

I've got to find my disks before I can fire it up! Now where did I put them?

Raging barbs

Deity difficulty

IF I find my disks, I'll be in. (we packed all the computer stuff away, and I have no idea where the box is. In one of the two storage sheds, likely, and unsure whether I'll even get a chance to LOOK. )

Edited by Unorthodox

Civ 4 is still available on Steam. ;)

I ain't putting more money into it. And don't think I ever linked it, but could check.

How about we make this a Succession Game rather than a regular MP game? There's not a lot of exposure in a regular MP game, which is hardly going to entice any newbs that might pop into WPC on release of Civ 6. Having a SPDG (Civ 6) and Succession Game (Civ 4) going would show two aspects of Civ they might not be aware of. Thoughts gents?

played on the pitboss server would allow anyone to pick it up at any time...

Or even more novel idea, have 2 human players with one pool of players to play them. That way, you could be 2nd on civ A and then turn up 6th on Civ B. this would allow the pool to grow and shrink and everyone will get a shot at playing??

I talked this up all along, and in good faith, I've taken steps to support it - I started a thread, Civ IV Pitboss Organizing, linking this one in my Other Games and promoted it to AC2's Front Page. I also crashed a thread of astrologix' organizing some BTS MP at Poly to link back here -and urged him to reciprocate; they need the same thing going in two months for the same reason, so please be cool if he does- and I haven't done anything at CFC yet -you know how they are; I'd have to PM someone and ask permission- but I may.

Good luck.

Hi, guys!

Happy to meet you for the first time. Buster's Uncle told me about this thread and I will simply announce I'm organizing a new Civ4BtS based pitboss game under my 8 years old and still alive APT championship.

I'm convinced Civ4BtS is an immortal standard and will remain playable despite the upcoming tsunami called Civ6!

Please, have a look on this thread and feel free to register to 'SOYUZ':

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/211066-APT-Civilization-IV-Beyond-the-Sword-Pitboss-Championship

Hi, guys!

Happy to meet you for the first time. Buster's Uncle told me about this thread and I will simply announce I'm organizing a new Civ4BtS based pitboss game under my 8 years old and still alive APT championship.

I'm convinced Civ4BtS is an immortal standard and will remain playable despite the upcoming tsunami called Civ6!

Please, have a look on this thread and feel free to register to 'SOYUZ':

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/211066-APT-Civilization-IV-Beyond-the-Sword-Pitboss-Championship

I imagine that you are meeting a lot of us AGAIN, as we used to be over at poly... shoot, we were on the PTW Intrasite DG team together, The Roleplay team with Spain...

Hmm Maybe but prefer Emperor difficulty and raging Barbs EE2 map is fun I have many maps

I imagine that you are meeting a lot of us AGAIN, as we used to be over at poly... shoot, we were on the PTW Intrasite DG team together, The Roleplay team with Spain...

You are right, E_T, I probably know more players here. I remember you, of course :)

But it's my first post in this forum, so I meet many people here for the first time :)

Indeed astrologix, most of us are Poly veterans, but welcome to WPC! :)

I'm also a poly vet from the old demogames there. There are actually a bunch of us here.

Is that an in Arnelos?

I would love to but my travel schedule to small internet poor island paradises is going to be very heavy over the next few months.

It's a tough life mate!