Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

BigDork

WPC Fantasy Football 2016

441 posts in this topic

Still have to be careful. Two years ago (I think, could have been longer) I started out a Thursday with around 50 points with two guys so I was fairly confident I'd have a good showing. Nope. The rest of my guys all sucked that week and I lost.

50 is a good start, yes. We'll see if it lasts.

And, in a cruel irony, my opponent in my work league also had CJ Anderson this week.

I've been waiting for this day for a loooooooong time. I'm so glad football's back.

Grumble. My top WR is already likely out for the season with an ACL. I feel bad for the guy.

ESPN FF site was down on both Mobil App and Desktop App...for maybe two hours.....but slowly coming back around. Interesting first week...I dont get the Love people have for RGIII? I am a lifetime Redskin fan....and he stunk it up bad for us....he didnt do much for Cleveland today

Looks like BigD may "Brees" to a win. Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

Ugh. That was sooooooo bad Rhoth.

But yeah, tough loss for Penry. I had several guys have great games and he had a few fizzle. Such is the luck with fantasy football.

Also I almost played Eli today. I went back and forth over the past couple days. For a while I had him set in my line up. Glad I decided against it this morning.

BTW, Penry, you may want to pick up a different kicker. Yours was out for this week.. You still have the opportunity to pick up any one of the kickers for LA, SF, PIT or WAS and play that kicker tomorrow (New England's and Arizona's kickers are already taken).

BTW, Penry, you may want to pick up a different kicker. Yours was out for this week.. You still have the opportunity to pick up any one of the kickers for LA, SF, PIT or WAS and play that kicker tomorrow (New England's and Arizona's kickers are already taken).

Do I have to get rid of my currrent kicker (or other player) in order to bring in a new player, or can I just add 1 player to the team?

You can switch the suspended guy to IR, and then pick up a new kicker without dropping anyone.

Also, it says that Josh Brown is locked in position for a day, would I have to sub off my TE or DST instead. Don't I have to have at least one of these in the first team each week?

I just went in and was able to put him on IR for you, so you should be able to pick up one of the others now.

No worries. I'll know for future reference.

Thanks for the tips! :b:

Ugh. That was sooooooo bad Rhoth.

But yeah, tough loss for Penry. I had several guys have great games and he had a few fizzle. Such is the luck with fantasy football.

Good game BD! Looks like extra training for my boys, only 6 out fo the squad performed to projections or higher! :rant:

Don't ever bother with the projections. They are just someone guessing what's going to happen and it rarely matches up with actually happens.

Looks like Arne took home the highest point total for the week unless Hyde managed to score another 35 points for me.

I use the projections as a guideline but I also look at how the opposing teams play against the players. There's some strategy to it but there's a whole lotta luck that goes with fantasy football as well.

Yep. You can, for example, get a guy going against the #1 defense so you bench him...and then he goes off and scores 25 points. Or you can get your #1 ranked WR who ends up with a quiet day of 3 points. You just never know.

I just benched Frank Gore. No way do I trust him against the Denver defense. So yep, going by all fantasy football logic he's about to have a 3 TD day. ;)

I'm feeling very lucky with the Romo injury. Witten wasn't projected to be one of the top TEs this year but it's looking like he's going to be one of Prescott's favorite targets. That bodes very well for me.

I dunno... as a Cowboy fan I'm really starting to think that Romo should just stop. He's had a decent career but clearly his body just can't take the rigors of the game anymore. It's best to step aside and help Prescott be the future. I'm thinking kind of like a Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady thing. Though the difference there was Brady was an unknown and Dak has done a lot to build some hype around him.

I'm feeling very lucky with the Romo injury. Witten wasn't projected to be one of the top TEs this year but it's looking like he's going to be one of Prescott's favorite targets. That bodes very well for me.

I dunno... as a Cowboy fan I'm really starting to think that Romo should just stop. He's had a decent career but clearly his body just can't take the rigors of the game anymore. It's best to step aside and help Prescott be the future. I'm thinking kind of like a Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady thing. Though the difference there was Brady was an unknown and Dak has done a lot to build some hype around him.

Not meaning to interrupt anyone's thread here, I love football, have played several years of fantasy football over the years and took a break for several due to my accident and life. I started back this season, THIS is where this comment you made helped me justify and get rewarded, since Romo was injured,felt Prescott would do ok as a QB being thrust into the limelight but not finishing as many plays. This caused me to justify Dan Bailey as my Kicker and he came through BIG TIME in my ESPN FF League with my family.

I love reading various theologies on Fantasy Football, read scouting/injury/projection reports.

Its amazing, you spend all sorts of time making a gut wrenching decision, moment by moment monitoring any last minute announcements by team then watch the ticker...yards picked up....TD's...passing yards...defensive stands...sure makes football a lot of fun!

Looking forward to a great Football season folks!

Gramps

Thanks Gramps! Don't be a stranger and you can probably get into the league with us next year.

So I got reaaaaaaaaal nervous with RB situation in Seattle in week one. I had been under the impression Rawls was the starter but then Michael got most of the touches. I'm so happy to hear that this week it looks like Rawls is gonna be the man. And considering who he's running against I'm expecting a very productive week from him (which means he'll probably get injured on the second play of the game).

Thanks Gramps! Don't be a stranger and you can probably get into the league with us next year.

So I got reaaaaaaaaal nervous with RB situation in Seattle in week one. I had been under the impression Rawls was the starter but then Michael got most of the touches. I'm so happy to hear that this week it looks like Rawls is gonna be the man. And considering who he's running against I'm expecting a very productive week from him (which means he'll probably get injured on the second play of the game).

Thanks

I have Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte tonight....hopefully will rip up Buffalo and score big for me.......

Take care!

Gramps

At least your guy lasted to the second game. My starting WR went down for the year before the end of the first half of game 1, my second starting WR is now gimpy and may miss time, and Gronk has already missed a week and may miss more. Somewhat pessimistic on my chances this year right now. :(

At least your guy lasted to the second game. My starting WR went down for the year before the end of the first half of game 1, my second starting WR is now gimpy and may miss time, and Gronk has already missed a week and may miss more. Somewhat pessimistic on my chances this year right now. :(

My oldest grandson had a cow when Gronk went out......

He wasnt happy about Teddy B either....

such as life