Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Zkribbler

Gallstone!!!

51 posts in this topic

You okay Zkrib?

I did the Tag run two days in a row. No burger buns yesterday so back again today, got 120. Learned to best time to go, morning, get there 9AM or so.

Edited by Lancer

I'm doing fine now. I was a little woozy yesterday. Man, that was some pain.

Still, I've never had a gall stone attack end that abruptly. One moment I was in agony; the next moment, I was fine. :confuse:

Whoa! I'm glad you're through it okay.

Jesus, Mary & Joseph....ANOTHER ONE!

:panic:

I used to get these every couple of years. Lately it's every couple of days! :mad: This is the 5th attack, since 3 gall stones were spotted in my last ultrasound.

Rigo is going into Tag tomorrow for some personal business. I think I'll have him drop me at the doc & maybe get an updated ultrasound.

Good idea. If you need some company let me know. I don't need anything but I'm there for you...

12 hours later.

Thanks, Lancer but no thanks. I just woke up, and I am spent! :surrender: Trips to Tag are exhausting, and I don't have the strength.

Other than that, I feel fine. Mid section is just a itty-bit tender to the touch.

Last night, everything was off the charts. Pain like I'd never had before. Sweating like the Bellagio Fountains. Vomiting, which I've never before done during a gall blader attack. Peeing freely.

Soon as you can go amigo, lets go. Something is not right and we need to find out what it is. From gallbladder problems to food poisoning to ulcers, lots of stuff can go amiss down there. As you said, 3 gallstones on the ultrasound. That might have been right or it might have been wrong but if it was right then you've got another problem. Can't find out about it here...

Edited by Lancer

Last Friday, the ultrasound tech came to Jagna, so I paid her a visit. I still have one more gall stone hanging out in me.

So...two months later, and it looks as if it's time to pass the last one.

Persistent pain, not real bad yet, but worse than gas.

Nothin' to do but ride it out.

Whoa, that was easy. :relief:

What happened is that I poked my belly as if trying to relieve a muscle spasm. In a second or two, the growing pain vanished. :huh:

My hypothesis: The stone was just starting down the common bile duct. When I poked the duct, the fluid in the duct was pushed back up it, popping out the stone as if it were a champagne cork. :D

:cheers:

"No pain, no pain." - A wise man.

And twenty-four hours later, it's back. :(

I was in Tag doing my pre-party shopping, when the pain started to return. It felt more like bloating, and so I wasn't worried at first. But after an hour or so, the pain centered mid-belly as it always does, three inches above my navel. It's been persistent now for twelve hours. It's not severe, like it has been in the past, but it's enuf to get my attention. Thankfully, I was able to lateral most of the shopping duties onto Rigo and Vic.

5 hours later, the pain is almost all gone. :relief: I'm feeling pretty good, so I don't think there's any rupture of the common bile duct.

17 hours after my last post. I'm still a little tender, so I'm worried I may have torn something open. :scared: OTOH, I'm not running a fever and there's no diarrhea, so maybe not.

8 hours later, still no change. If I were going to get an infection, I'd be feeling it by now.

More likely, my common bile duct is just a little ouchie from having been stretched as the gall stone pass through.

Get better before your b-day party amigo! No time for not feeling well now...

No pics of the passing of Zkribbler's stones in the Philippines.

I had my Gall Bladder and 46 Gallstones removed around 1998...started to have a lot of pain and high fever for three days...then went to hospital, got checked out and winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

I had the pill bottle for 10 years with the 46 stones..each and everyone around 3/8th inch in diameter.

Good thing was it was Laparoscopic surgery....plus so in and out in 2 days....

On a semi related note maybe 6 years ago I had an umbilical Hernia (in the belly button area) which kept coming out, very painful, my doctor kept saying hows it feel, told him hurts and he said "Not bad enough?" lol..but finally chose to have it done, went to preop meeting and that was in May and scheduled it for mid August, well just before 4th of July, on a Friday...had a high fever couldnt take a bowel movement for a week, lots if intestinal pain,double over type, anyway, during preop they told me about the mesh and staples and post op recovery, but when I had to have emergency surgery...a new Russian Technique was put in place..no mesh or staples..heck not even sutures...only glue...GLUE!!!! a 6 inch incision around my belly button and all they did was glue it closed!

It worked just fine...amazing how techniques advance!

Gramps

:bounce: Grandpa Troll sighting!

Howdy my friend!

Im doing much better than I was ten years ago...dealing with my permanent disabilities and loving my grandbabies!!! Still Civin..some hack modding...mostly single player but life is good. Im reconnecting,repairing some relationships while on heavy meds for spine injury I did some bad mouthing off, however working on being a better person!

Take care, check you later and looking forward to getting caught up buddy!

Gramps