Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Zkribbler

Gallstone!!!

51 posts in this topic

Wow! Woke up around midnight with a sharp, steady pain right in the middle of my belly. About three inches above the navel. It took me awhile to figure out was it is. An ulcer? No. Some kind of intestinal valve which is spasming? No. It slowly dawned on me: I've had this a few times before. I'm passing a gall stone! :q:

Okay, you have your liver, which produces bile, and your gall bladder, which produces gall. Both the bile and the gall pass down the common bile duct to the small intestines, where they aid in digestion. What's going on here is that, in my gall bladder, crystals of cholesterol and gall have formed, and one of those little balls is passing down my common bile duct. As in giving birth, the object going down the tube is bigger than the tube itself. Yow!! :mad:

My plan for getting through this is to suffer. If I went to a doctor, he'd want to take out my gall bladder. Doctors in the US wanted to do this during my first attack years ago. I did a lot of research and decided against it. Of the people who had the operation, 60% said it was wonderful and they'd had no problems. About 40% reported all kinds of digestive problems later. I figured the numbers are skewed because people like to complain. My best guess is that 80% of people are helped by the operation; 20% suffer because of it. Still, those numbers are too high for me. I'm not going to be operated on.

The result is nights like tonight. It'll be painful, but I'll get through it.

I took a couple of aspirin. The good news is that they're pain killers. The bad news is one of their side effect is possible internal bleeding. Right now, that would be bad, but I'm risking it.

And suddenly, now, the pain is easing. After 1 hour of suffering, the pain is just fading away. I've given birth to a x-milligram gall stone! It'll go through my intestines and out the end, never to be seen again. I'm amazed at how fast the pain is going. I feel normal. :)

BTW: I don't think this is because of the aspirin. I think the ordeal is just over. :relief:

Night night.

05:11 Good morning.

Right after the attack, I felt fine, perfectly normal. :) I still feel fine, but now I'm weak, like a wrung-out washcloth.

Zkrib, glad its okay now amigo...might want to reconsider exertion today? You going to be okay for Abby's little party?

I'm proceeding cautiously. I hope so.

We hope so too amigo, health comes first though. If its okay, great! If not...best to not overdo it. Let us know what you decide.

Ouch!

:stupid:

Pretty sure I'm good to go. :nod::b: I'll let you know if things backslide.

Did you sleep after having that washed out feeling? I know that feeling. Worried about you pal... :(

Did you sleep after having that washed out feeling? I know that feeling. Worried about you pal... :(

Naw, I'm a morning person. I got up and started doing things. My motto is:

Early to bed.

Early to rise,

And your girl goes out

With other guys.

:idea: Hey! Wait a minute! :mad:

:D Well, movies haven't changed at ICM, particularly nothing for kids, so maybe it will be a short day.

My wife has this. Her gall bladder is so full of stones, she must at one point remove it. For now she has to go on strong meds and eat carefully, and if she is unlucky, the gall bladder will break and she'll have minutes to get to a hospital, or risk her life. I recommend you operate Zkribbler!

She was supposed to operate this month(after almost a year of waiting), but due to her recent back operation due to her serious prolapse in the back, it'll have to wait. Yep, good start of the marriage health wise.;) She lost no less than 1.5 liter blood during the operation!:eek: But if she hadn't operated, she might have become lame.

Zkrib might have been toughing it out for Abby but he looked strong yesterday. I think he's in great shape to weather a storm like this and come out so well the next day. I'm thinking Nik that his case isn't as bad as your wife's, may God bless her and pull her through all this.

I don't remember how many gallstones my U.S. doctor said I had but I walked away with the impression of a bucket of golf balls.

A couple of years ago here, I had an ultrasound and it showed no gallstones whatsoever. I didn't trust it. Too much good news. :q: So recently, I had another ultrasound done. It showed three, none overly large. I'm trying hard to lower my cholesterol level based upon my own theory that a low cholesterol level will allow my body to dissolve the gallstones. Even if not, all have at most a couple of more incidents like last night.

Good luck with your wife, Nikolai. Her condition sounds 1,000 times worse than mine. :(

Lancer, I wasn't faking at all yesterday. My belly was fine. :) Of course, my back was a little grumpy, but what else is new?

I passed another stone last night.

I've never had two this closed together. On the up side, this was more of a pinball than a gallstone. It passed through in no more than 20 minutes. Usually, it takes hours.

Last year's ultrasound showed three gallstones. This is the third one I've passed since then. If my math is correct, I'm done. :relief:

Ya, but you had a while to grow a few more, so don't be tooo surprised if you get a special surprise again.....

I hope it's over Zk. From everything I've ever heard, it's one of the worst experiences you can go through. Glad this stone wasn't too big and went quickly.

Surprise, this last stone managed to rip me up, tho I didn't realize it at the time. Intestinal poop got into my bloodstream, and my intestines went on overdrive to clean things out. I went through an entire roll of TP in one night. :eek: I'm now on antibiotics and anti-protozoa. I didn't eat Friday afternoon, Sat., Sun, or Monday. Yesterday, I started eating a little: dry toast and tea. This morning I regained my ability to think clearly. Wow, that was a ride. :relief:

I was so happy to see your clear eyes and smile today amigo, good health is once again yours. :relief:

Man Zk, that sounds really bad. Glad to hear you are on the mends. Definitely take it easy.

Had a full breakfast today, and a full lunch. First time in a week. :nod:

Hey good deal, now all is well. :b:

Crap, another one! :curse:

We had to make an emergency run into Tagbilaran. As a treat for the girls, I stopped off at Frankie's a bought a pizza. It was pushing four o'clock [16:00] and as I waited for it, my belly began to hurt. All the way home, I kept trying to figure out what was the matter...as the pain got worse and worse. Finally, it was like I'd been gored in the midsection. I was really in a lot of pain.

When we pulled through the gate, I told Rigo his family could have all the pizza and to call the curtain lady and cancel our appointment for tonight. I slumped upstairs, lay down on my bed, and it was like someone flipped a switch. The pain went away. WTF??? Not that I'm complaining. :dunno: