godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

Ok this is unexpected - 1.10 Pre-release 1 came out as a snapshot.

I guess they are trying to push updates out faster as it seems likely that 1.10 will come out much faster than anticipated.

If 1.10 does come out soon, this thread's title will be really outdated ;) .

Edited by Sharpe

Q for folks - with 1.1 about 2-3 weeks out I am guessing, anybody want to restart the server and play a bit in a new world?

Another option is for me to drop a teleport to a spot far, far away that has never been loaded in this world (this would keep all our stuffs), and it SHOULD give us the 1.1 stuff. It would be quite a ways away from the spawn, but it is easy enough to set a teleport there and back. Just the PITA of having to go to the spawn and teleport to a new area.

Thunks?

It's been so long since I was on there that I don't really have a pressing preference. I'm vastly too hooked on Stellaris right now, anyhow.

Chances are that I'll get back into it at some point, but I can live with either continuing where we were or starting new.

Did some exploring at the +5500z area and can confirm that practically all of the area within the purple circle has been updated to 1.10 (except for the areas near the yellow lines which are the nether tunnel/Level 11 tunnel system):

Server World 1.10 updated areas.jpg

Posts 164 and 172 have the most recent tunnel maps - though that was done in Amidst 3.7 in patch 1.8 so it is not up to date with the current features in Amidst 4.2 beta.

For instance the village just east of the railline had dirt paths which were only added to villages in 1.10:

2016-06-13_14.56.43.png

Also found a ground level abandoned mine in the mesa with the new dark oak supports instead of the old oak ones:

2016-06-13_14.53.48.png

And in case you wanted to know, here's a map of the server world end map:

Server World the End map.jpg

Edited by Sharpe

Today the current server passed the duration of the previous two MP worlds combined :).

Here is how the spawn area currently looks like:

2016-06-18_16.05.38.jpg

2016-06-18_01.19.32.jpg

Several projects are in progress:

- iron farm on the right (first picture) is about 70% complete

- the afk villager driven potato and bread farms on the left (first picture) are complete and active

- the beetroot and carrot farms on the left are nearly complete - I just need to build silo storage for both and move a farmer villager to each of them

- afk or automatic (not sure which it is) slimeball farm at level 11 on the left is about 50% complete

AFK/automatic slimeball farms complete at the spawn.

Spawn iron farm also complete - has about 15 villagers right now - has a bug where the iron golem sometimes gets stuck at 4 "dead" water current areas, but other than that works ok.

Edit:

The beetroot and carrot farms are now also complete and active.

However, the iron golem stuck problem might be worse than I thought :( . Not sure why it is happening, my water flow pattern is the same as the iron farm at my area...

Double Edit:

Nuts there was a major server rollback - lost the silo storages for the beetroots and carrots (and the farmer villagers) and not sure what else has been rolled back ... :( :( - seems to have rolled back at least 3 hours... sigh.

Edited by Sharpe

Got the spawn iron farm working and the beetroot and carrot farm also working again.

Saw Dalet briefly and showed him the spawn changes and the villager breeding area - he jokingly thinks it is the work of a madman - hope he isn't somewhat right hehe ;) ...

Also forgot to mention I've added a partially completed horse path to TheDale's area - to be able to get horses and donkeys to the spawn area. Isn't safe against skeletons, witches and perhaps creepers at night in some areas yet unfortunately.

Edit:

I realized from Dalet's confusion at the new areas that I had put up way too few direction and instruction signs so got that done now - hopefully it is better than before.

Also the game is also unplayable for me due to minecraft crashing frequently - probably something from the 1.10.1 update :( .

Double Edit:

Supposedly changing your minecraft version from 1.10.1 back to 1.10 stops the crashing on Realms servers.

Edited by Sharpe

Do I need to do anything to the server?

Do I need to do anything to the server?

Doesn't seem so - just if anyone plays and crashes on 1.10.1 - they can switch back to 1.10 and still get on the server it seems.

Automated sugarcane farm and automated cactus farm (both from design by Nimstv youtube channel) completed at the spawn.

Unfortunately, the one-button wheat farm though completed isn't working properly due to water dispenser problems :(.

Thanks again for the extra powers GK - I was able to set up the command blocks for the "1 person can sleep in a bed and advance the time to daytime for everyone on the server at once" procedure. Seemed to have worked perfectly when a couple of others were online tonight.

I also built up the staircase for the gold nugget farm in the nether up to level 120 which is near the bedrock "ceiling" for the nether - trying the tree method to crack the bedrock ceiling - not sure if that still works or not.

Bouncing between a couple of ideas for another project but I am a little worried about building up lag in the spawn area especially as I don't notice it anymore with my current computer system.

Looks like the early snapshots and the features for 1.11 will be revealed around Minecon 2016 (late September), so possibly will have 1.11 in either late 2016 or early 2017 I'm guessing - depending on whether 1.11 is more like 1.9 (medium to big update) or 1.10 (small to medium update).

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/745161619215310848

I've completed the horse path up to Dale's farm from the spawn by making it secure against mobs.

I've been creating paths or tunnels for horses to the other main areas near the spawn - the paths/tunnels to my place and Arnelos's from spawn are complete while the path from my place to Dalet's and Spacy/GK is mostly complete (just need to remove the ceiling to make it 3 high in both cases).

Also started a horse "ranch" near Dale's farm - its only about 50% complete at most - still have to build the horse pens and gather enough horses and donkeys.

Screenshot looking south of Dale's farm - Dale's house in on the right and the house for the horse ranch is in the center.

2016-06-29_16.25.50.png

Horse paths to the areas near the spawn are done (from spawn to Arnelos, Dalet, TheDale, Spacy/GK and my place).

Horse ranch is about 60% complete - got 2 donkeys and 2 horses (one white, one dark brown) brought to the holding pens and tamed so far. Built 24 holding pen rooms (since there are 7 colors of horses and 5 types of markings for a total of 35 types of horses) plus planning on using one as a breeding room to breed horses that aren't the same color or markings together.

2016-07-03_20.06.44.png

Built direct overworld raillines from spawn to Dalet's, Spacy's, the villager breeder area and my place plus modified the overworld rail connections to do the same to Arnelos and TheDale's places.

Did a little exploration just west of the southern mushroom island - seems that area is also updated to 1.10 as I saw surface level abandoned mines with the new dark oak wood supports in the mesa there. Also found this interesting feature nearby one of the nether portal exits down there:

2016-07-02_21.51.14.png

Edited by Sharpe

I've added teleport "portals" to Crystal's place (which is now enormous - but mostly walls right now - sounds similar to my original MP bases) and BD's village at the spawn base. You activate them by standing in the purple particle stream.

I've also added the same portals at Crystal's place and BD's village to teleport back to the spawn base but 2 squares in front of the spawn portals.

2016-07-04_16.10.31.png

Here's the website I got the design and command block commands from:

http://www.theredengineer.com/working-custom-portals.html

Edited by Sharpe

Dalet asked me the other day whether I thought his place or my place was bigger - I told him his was bigger. What I didn't realize at the time was how MUCH bigger his place is than mine now :lol:.

His place is around 185*160 so almost an area of 30,000 blocks while mine is 157*93 so only an area of around 14,500 blocks - so his place is actually twice the size of mine ... wow!

Tried to upload pictures of the changes to the spawn area - but the file size is now too big :( .

Edit: also found a huge cavern system (including a zombie spawner) starting near the western part of the spawn area going about 100 to 150 squares westward. Still haven't explored all of it yet.

Double Edit: Image of spawn cabin expansion in progress (plus an image I didn't mean to post or take a screenshot for that matter ;) in the "attached thumbnails") :

2016-07-08_16.11.59.png

2016-07-08_16.12.22.png

Edited by Sharpe

Expansion of spawn cabin completed:

2016-07-08_22.52.31.png

Keep getting iron golems in the villager area of the iron farm - so I'm trying an experiment. If it doesn't work properly, then the iron farm will not produce any iron. Hope it does work though.

My lord, Sharpe. I remember building the first version of that cabin in the near-constant thunderstorms at spawn while being attacked by skeleton archers and creepers.

Nice to see how it's expanded!

With the potato and carrot farm storage chests rapidly filling up - I realized I needed to greatly expand the storage. As well the melon farm and sugarcane farms were filling up their chests rapidly. So I added a diversion to lava switch for the farmer driven farms if I needed it while digging out and building more silo storage.

I finished the expansions to the potato, carrot and sugarcane farms - at least tripling the size of storage. Still have the melon farm to do, but I think I will need to mine more quartz for redstone comparators.

Turns out I wasn't checking the slimeball farm often enough - found over 80 stacks of slimeballs in the chests - probably lost a lot more of them due to lack of storage space.

I may have finally solved the iron golem in the villager area in the iron farm on my 3rd attempt - time will tell though ... , but the iron farm production has increased by a fair bit (though I promptly took half a dozen stacks of iron ingots for the expansion storage project).

Really need to set up some sort of proper xp farm - I keep running out of levels for enchanting and especially repairing. That might be my next big project. Could also create a smooth stone generator, an afk hostile mob item farm or a 1-hit blaze farm too. But they will probably be a while as I am going to have to cut back on my Minecraft time soon - I think I've gotten a lot done at the spawn in the past couple of weeks though :) .

Edited by Sharpe

Started working on a mass storage and sorting system at the spawn. It will take a long time to build as it currently has 9 more silo storages to build - and I think it can eventually expand to as many as 21 silo storages - 1 silo for each item (like cobblestone in one, smooth stone in another, redstone in another etc.). So far I only have the first silo storage - for cobblestone built.

Also built a new portal above the spawn at level 120.

Here is a picture of the ladder tower to the portal - the chest on the right of the ladder tower is the loading system chest for the mass storage - but it is a bit slow right now - takes about 1 minute per stack to remove them from the chest into the sorting system when the bud timer lever is switched on.

2016-07-14_20.48.22.png

Edited by Sharpe

Constructed the silo storage for dirt and smooth stone. Also put almost all of the near spawn cobblestone, dirt and smooth stone in the mass storage system.

So far looks there is at spawn roughly:

Stacks Amount

826/ 52,000 Cobblestone (storage 66% full)

177/ 11,000 Dirt (storage 14% full)

89/ 5,500 Smooth Stone

59/ 3,750 Melons

236/ 15,000 Bread

885/ 56,000 Carrots (storage 49% full)

354/ 22,500 Potatoes (storage 20% full)

59/ 3,750 Sugarcane

147/ 9,400 Cooked Chicken & Feathers (combined)

29/ 1,800 Cactus

Edited by Sharpe

You build too much...... :D But I hope you are having lots of fun!

You build too much...... :D But I hope you are having lots of fun!

Yeah, I am probably building too much ;) but I am having fun.

Finally was able to get a screenshot of the mass storage area with some of the silo storage towers (you can see 3 of the current 11 - 12th is in progress):

2016-07-15_23.31.04.png