godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

What the GK's realms world looks like in 1.9:

Actually it looks exactly the same as 1.8 except the new amidst 4.0 version shows the new stronghold locations, igloos and ocean monuments (and even the abandoned mine locations though I toggled that one off as it would majorly clutter up this zoomed out map. Unfortunately the new strongholds and igloos won't appear if the location was already discovered in 1.8 of course... (also they changed the witch hut icon in this version).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14124[/ATTACH]

Not sure why my last post double posted instead of being edited lol...

I found one of the new 125 additional stronghold locations down at -720x 8208z - I also noticed that amidst showed different locations for the 3 original strongholds - but since they had all been discovered already they didn't move hehe ;).

Well, let me know if you want a restart, as we had already gone to the end and killed the dragon

Went back on the server today - to try a new project - during it dalet and another came on the server briefly - dalet said he's been busy with school stuff (understandably), but I had noticed he had been on previously when I logged on as he has a habit of leaving doors open at the spawn lol.

Starting working on this mapping project - not sure how far I will take it - will likely just stick to the core areas - just saw it done on the new hermitcraft server video and wanted to give it a try in our world.

2016-04-06_23.29.57.png

Edited by Sharpe

Ya, seen that a few times. I never did get the hang of mapping, so I have never tried.

Usually seen them as a wall in someones castle, looks cool like that.

Ya, seen that a few times. I never did get the hang of mapping, so I have never tried.

Usually seen them as a wall in someones castle, looks cool like that.

Yeah, I never could figure out mapping in game either - so I thought I would give it a try.

It will likely take me longer than I first thought though - building up enough sugar cane and especially leather is taking a long time lol.

Got most of Arnelos' and GK's areas mapped though as well as mine, spawn and most of Dalet's area:

2016-04-07_19.36.10.png

Completed the core area mapping south of the spawn - just have the areas north of spawn (TheDale`s area and the students original areas) left - still will take about 42 leather and 340 sugar cane (680 if I create a backup copy of each map lol) to build up in inventory.

2016-04-08_22.16.12.png

Completed the core area mapping north of the spawn - might add in isolated maps of GK's village, Crystal's eastern area, Kebeo's area and BD's village later if I get around to it.

2016-04-10_01.06.07.png

Building this automated sugarcane farm (supposedly produces 250-300 per hour for my 2 level farm) from Nims youtube site helped:

2016-04-09_11.45.19.png

Though going to some swamps, getting 100+ sugarcane and growing it in front of my place near the moat area helped a lot too :lol:.

2016-04-08_19.48.44.png

Edited by Sharpe

Well found out that I can't build an AFK skeleton farm nearby my area because it is at level 12 height and needs 8-12 squares downward to create the right water flow system :(. Haven't seen another skeleton spawner anywhere else so far.

Looks like the first 1.10 snapshot may be released at the earliest in 3 or so weeks.

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/718368993015414784

Screenshots and twitter posts have revealed possible changes such as:

Taiga Villages

Polar bears in frozen areas - bears are neutral unless their cubs are nearby

Endermen in the nether

Possibly a new nether mob that may drop quartz

A lava rock in the nether that will damage you if you step on it

Possible minecart changes

Well, as I said before, let me know when/if you want a server reset and the new # (or I can do random).

Well, as I said before, let me know when/if you want a server reset and the new # (or I can do random).

I`m torn between developing and exploring a new world vs abandoning the vast infrastructure (the large amount of machines and the nether tunnel system set up for easy travel over large distances) of the current world.

Especially as 1.8 worlds have easily transitioned into 1.9 worlds (think we`ve only lost about 3 of the new 125 strongholds and 2-4 of the new igloos due to prior 1.8 exploration). Also the ender dragon can be respawned in 1.9 to kill to get access to the new end islands. Though I suspect we would need 3-4 people to kill the ender dragon this time as the fight is tougher (plus the new iron fence bars on the end crystals)

Honestly, I don`t think it would make much sense to start a new world unless more people were playing on the server - and that isn`t the case right now :( (and that is assuming whether people playing on the server wanted to start a new world).

Edited by Sharpe

Working on a 1.9 version of an automatic potato/carrot farm plus automatic villager breeder plus villager transportation system from Unarybit's youtube channel.

I've built the 1.8 version of the breeder plus transportation system - when I get enough villagers then I'll make the updates for 1.9 (also have a lot of soil and rails scaffolding up right now):

2016-04-21_00.24.09.png

Still have the auto (villager driven) potato and carrot farm to build nearby.

When it is finished should be able to move villagers to any of the built up areas along the elevated overworld railline system.

Although currently have a glitch in the transportation system - first 2 villagers worked but latest ones didn't go from the holding cell to the minecart :( .

Edited by Sharpe

I miss Minecraft. :(

I need some damn free time. Blasted kids. Most of my gaming right now is playing XBox with a baby strapped to my chest as I walk on a treadmill.

Wonder why not?

Turns out I must have shoved the villagers out of position when retrieving a minecart from the holding cell. Another shove and transferring them from the holding cell to a minecart works fine again.

Villager driven automatic potato/carrot farm about 33% complete (mostly the floors, walls and ceiling of the lower half):

2016-04-21_21.46.48.png

Ready to enter the final stages of the potato/carrot farm - unfortunately it is the most complex :( - getting the villagers into the farm by rail, getting the last few carrots and potatoes planted after removing the rail and the trickiest - setting up the water flow system.

Took a long time to plant all of the items - when it is finished there will be over 600 potato plots and over 600 carrot plots. To get a good steady flow of villager breeding - need a lot of potatoes and carrots.

Wondering whether I keep it at 1 breeder holding cell or expand it to 4 or go in between - according to the youtube video:

1 breeder cell would give about 24 villagers per hour while 4 could give 96 villagers per hour (given the lag will likely keep it at 1 cell - I remember the villager overflow disaster of the last MP world ...)

Started breeding villagers with manual deposits of potatoes and carrots into the breeding farm - bred about 20 so far - but had to kill 2 of them when trying to get them into the "starving villager" chamber in the potato/carrot farm :(. So far no luck on that - might need to get 2 villager eggs to get them into there ...

2016-04-26_23.58.41.png

Nearly completed the villager driven potato/carrot farm - just have to move the "farmer" villagers into the farm by rail (fairly easy) and replant some crops. Only reason I'm delaying is that I need to build a food overflow system/shut off on the villager breeder - otherwise we might have hundreds of villagers.

2016-04-29_20.28.52.png

Gotten up to nearly 40 villagers - plan to use some of them for an iron farm closer to the spawn. Also hoping to breed more "farmer" villagers. Also built a nether portal nearby the villager breeder system at level 52.

2016-04-29_20.29.17.jpg

Started working on my next project nearby the villager breeder system - an afk zombie XP farm.

Put a farmer villager into the carrot farm - waiting for a farmer villager to grow up before putting them into the potato farm. Also finished a "food diverter" lever/piston system to prevent the breeder from massively producing villagers.

So far though the results are little worrying - in less than an hour - the farmer has produced over 3 stacks of carrots. Thankfully I have set up a silo storage system that can hold 600 stacks of carrots and potatoes, but I wonder if I need to expand it already ... :scared:.

Edited by Sharpe

Put a farmer villager into the potato farm and I greatly expanded the silo storage system for the carrots and potatoes - good thing too - by the time I had finished there were over 70 stacks of them combined.

I have manually put in a few stacks of potatoes and carrots into the breeder - so nearing 50 villagers at the site.

Think I might want to put in another food diverter - this time an option to have food fall into lava before reaching the breeder or the food silo storage ;).

Its really nice with my new computer to be able to get back to having 60 fps even in my laggy home area :D

Hard to believe, but the world on GK's realms server is nearly a year old (think June 1 will be the "anniversary") in real-time - think it is nearly day 4400 in-game (about 12 years in-game ;) ).

For some that haven't been online in it for a while, lots of things have changed if you want to make a visit.

Edited by Sharpe

Didn't notice it, but the first 1.10 snapshot was released 4 days ago.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/16w20a

Highlights:

Added polar bears in Ice biomes (plains, mountains, spikes)

Added strays (skeletons with clothing) in Ice plains biomes - acts like skeletons but fires a slowness arrow

Added husk (zombies with clothing) in desert biomes - does not burn in sunlight - applies 7 seconds of hunger in easy, 14 in normal and 21 in hard

Added fossils (bone blocks plus some coal ore) in deserts and swamplands underground

Netherwart block (can't be converted back to netherwart) added - harvested fastest with an axe

Red netherbrick - from 2 netherbrick and 2 netherwart

Bone block - 3*3 bone meal - can be converted back into bone meal

Magma block - players take 1/2 heart damage per second when touching it - crafted with 4 magma cream

Huge mushrooms have a 1/12 chance of being twice as tall

Plains and sunflower plains have some trees in 5% of its chunks

Mesa have MUCH more gold now, plus above ground abandoned mineshafts

Taiga villages now exist

2% chance that all types of villages will be zombie villages instead of normal ones

Endermen spawn in nether at a 1/153 rate (comparison to 100/153 for zombie pigmen) - can pick up netherrack

Magma cubes spawn twice as often (2/153 rate compared to old 1/151 rate)

Edited by Sharpe