godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

Yep, I think I probably did. My account, when I log in, says "information is not currently available on realm subscription status" or something similar to that. I figure they will sort it out soonish.

Added two AFK farms to my base: AFK cobblestone generator and AFK fish farm - designs from NimsTV on you tube.

I have been wanting to try building some new machines - guess I have a choice of trying them in creative or using some of the quantities of mats I have on the realms server lol - better than doing it in single player survival ;).

Might try an automated cow/pig farm next as melons will be much less useful in 1.9 :( .

Created some automatic bulk storage units at my place based on Tango Tek's tutorial - 2 are on the granite floor (for granite and andesite) and one on the bottom (cobble) floor past the door on the left (for cobblestone). The cobblestone and granite ones are 16 double chests/ 8 levels while the andesite one is 8 double chests/ 4 levels.

The cobblestone one is linked to my afk cobble generator - so once I get that cobblestone generator working I will see if it will transfer things properly. It would be an interesting test if I could take the original cobble generator and see if I can make any changes to make it afk-able and have it auto-feed into a bulk storage unit.

I thought I saw that BD has a similar type storage unit at his village's barn - I should head over and compare it to mine :) .

Edited by Sharpe

Tried an automated cow farm build today - was going great ... until I had to put the cows into the slots - and that is where the frustration rose significantly.

The problem is that many of these streamers that design these machines do so in creative mode and "neglect" to mention for example, that the way they place the cows is by dumping cow EGGS into the slots instead of actual cows.... :mad: while in survival mode getting the cows into the needed spot(s) is much more difficult :rolleyes: .

Well I may have figured out a way to get the cows into the hole using a piston and pressure plate method with the lure of wheat ;) - got one out of four platforms done so far.

Downside though is: with only one of four areas done with 20 or so cows - my fps has dropped already to 5-7 fps :( .

Think I've finished off the gold farm in the nether - unfortunately can't tell how well it is working as I accidentally aggroed a lot of zombie pigmen so I can't reach its storage chests :( .

Got all 4 cells of my auto cow farm done - still have the redstone to work on for it.

Assuming that 1.9 is soon (though who knows), after finishing the cow farm (unfortunately the mob elevator doesn't work properly) - I did one final Christmas project in the Server world - extending the western rail line to the twin Mushroom islands (wanted to set a new personal distance from spawn record too ;)) :

2016-01-04_15.25.32.png

Edited by Sharpe

Snapshot 16w03 released - Minecraft forums thinks it is a precursor for the prerelease of 1.9 (yeah I know that is like saying it is 2 weeks from being 2 weeks away ;) but probably more like 1.9 is 1-2 weeks away at most this time).

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/60296-snapshot-16w03a-ready-for-testing

Also Minecraft Educational edition announced - to be tested as a free trial this summer.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/60295-minecraft-education-edition-announced

Also I have been playing an interesting world - seed # -8807 3525 2666 0847 419.

You start in a plains area shaped like a backwards "C" which has in or nearby: wolves, cows, pigs, sheep, horses and donkeys (haven't seen any chickens, rabbits or cats yet). Plus all major biomes are within 2000-2500 squares from spawn or closer. Downside is: no nearby villages (nearest for me was 1200 squares away which didn't have any carrots, potatoes or beetroots :( ).

Edited by Sharpe

I think this is the largest generated village (without any player addons) that I've seen in Minecraft so far (from the world seed in my previous post):

2016-01-21_19.52.09.png

Finally completed the Overworld Elevated (mostly) Core Loop railway in the Realms server world.

Not quite 100% safe as mobs can jump onto it at a few spots still - but haven't seen any do it yet.

Dalet did the portion between Spacy's to Dalet's to mine (Velegon/Sharpe) which helped out a lot.

I finished the other portions Velegon/Sharpe to the students initial bases to TheDale's to Spawn to Arnelos's to Spacy's.

Crystal's main base and BD/El Carlsson's Village were too far out to connect up and decided not to do the long way to Kebeo's. But they can all be accessed by the nether tunnel system much faster anyhow. Thought about connecting up BD's initial cave area instead but didn't get around to it.

Admittedly the bulk of the work was done a few months ago - only laid down the raillines now (which still took a ton of iron and gold :lol: ).

As my latest "last project" in the Realms World, completed the eastern expansion of the Overworld Elevated Railway. So now you can take the scenic route to see most of the world's bases.

It now connects up all of the bases except Kobe's in the west near -1076x +124z and Crystal's at +7511x 2853z (it would take me another 10000 cobble and 2000 iron to extend the line from the eastern end of the line at GK's village to reach Crystal's base).

Here is a map of it with the lines in red and the bases/stations as yellow dots:

Overworld Elevated Railway.png

Edited by Sharpe

And here's the nether tunnel network in comparison (though the last 1000 overworld /125 nether squares of the far west nether tunnel hasn't been completed :( just a level 11 tunnel):

Spacy MP SouthWest World 1.8.jpg

Spacy MP World South Part of Map.jpg

Spacy MP World North Part of Map.jpg

Sounds like something might be happening on February 17 (next Wednesday) - people on the minecraft forums are speculating about a pre-release on that date. They are basing that on attack values on items in the toolbar on Mojang's screenshot for the latest snapshot supposedly.

Let me know if you have a new seed number.

I think you are th only one playing regularly.

Tried 1.9 in the current Realms server world - wanted to try 1.9 in built-up areas (certainly lots of those on the server lol) - turns out to be a bit sluggish at times despite decent frame rates so I suspect there may be some bug patches to deal with it later.

Haven't tested most of the 1.9 feature changes yet - except for getting sticks from the dead plants in the desert.

The lag in the current Realms world decreased significantly in the late afternoon - especially when mining. Only lag I found was at my base mostly due to the villagers, machines and especially the animal pens :( .

Wanted to see if and how long it would take me to extend the eastern elevated railline from GK's village to Crystal's base. Got it done in a reasonable amount of time (yeah no real reason to do it except to see if I could ;) ).

Updated southern nether rail lines (in yellow) with the overworld elevated rail lines added (in red) and the bases are in blue circles.

Spacy MP World South Part of Map.jpg

Found out a couple of interesting things - mobs no longer spawn on rails or walk across rails - makes it much easier to travel especially in the nether.

Might use the server to test a new wood generator build I watched a video about recently (admittedly requires a lot of bone meal :( now it is a real pain to kill skeletons sigh - hope I have enough bones already if I try it).

Edited by Sharpe

I wonder how many of these "50 projects for your minecraft world" I did in the current realms world - probably less than 20% of them:

I am surprised in all of the "farms" Mumbo Jumbo listed that a cobblestone generator wasn't one of them. I find them useful.

I don't recommend doing #50 until you really want to end the world ;) ...

Edited by Sharpe

Feel free to loot my chests if you need anything like bone meal.

What the GK's realms world looks like in 1.9:

Actually it looks exactly the same as 1.8 except the new amidst 4.0 version shows the new stronghold locations, igloos and ocean monuments (and even the abandoned mine locations though I toggled that one off as it would majorly clutter up this zoomed out map. Unfortunately the new strongholds and igloos won't appear if the location was already discovered in 1.8 of course...

1.9 Realms World.jpg