godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

Looks like I'll need to add more levels for zombie pigmen to spawn on to get more gold nuggets for the gold farm. But there appears to be lava above my current level so got to get rid of that :( .

Fixed up dalet's melon farm machine - turns out he used dispensers when he should have used droppers - took me a while to figure that out as they look the same - only noticed it in f3 mode lol.

Have started expanding the northern tunnel further north.

I will make sure to update the subscription in the next couple of days (waiting on the next paycheck, as this comes out of my fun fund, not our household general funds). So, it may be down for a couple of days - but it will be back up soon.

Went to go online tonight but saw that the realm had expired.

No rush to get it back up in my view - but I wonder if or how we might let the kids know as I doubt they come here - have seen Crystal, dalet (though I thought he mentioned he has his own server when he was online) and jordo (briefly) on in the past little while.

I've pushed the northern tunnel to -3800z - then started pushing east towards the jungle and mega taiga areas. Also added 8 levels to the gold farm (not completed yet though).

There is a rumor that patch 1.9 will be released by the end of November.

Some new interesting items:

Strongholds in world increased from 3 to 128

Igloos in ice plains areas - sometimes containing a basement with a villager priest and a caged zombie (and a chest with the apple cure in it)

Large oak trees spawn in forests again

Witch huts always spawn with a witch

Brewing stand now requires blaze powder to use (much like lapis for enchanting table)

Dead bushes now drop 0-2 sticks

If lightning strikes a horse when you are nearby it may turn into a skeleton horse with a skeleton riding it (3-4% chance on easy, 11-33% chance on hard)

Boats now have a paddle for movement

plus all of the combat updates and other new items:

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9

New northern tunnel map for the Realms world:

Spacy MP World North Part of Map.jpg

Think I will take a bit of a break from Minecraft - perhaps until 1.9 release.

Having tried some test runs on the current snapshot (15w47b) - first thing I've noticed: the early game is MUCH harder if you encounter mobs as they seem to hit harder (or you have less defenses not sure which yet). I've died in 3 of the games I've tried so far :( .

Also the map seeds appear to be virtually identical so far compared to 1.8 as I was able to use 1.8 versions of maps in amidst to map out things in the current snapshot.

Well you do NOT want to fight skeletons who are in water unless you have a bow (and arrows of course :) ) and shield anymore in 1.9. Because on top of everything else, skeletons now move when they fire their arrows.

I had full iron armor, a shield and an iron sword and I died when fighting one in water the first time :( .

Visited the Realms Server for the first time in a little while (think almost 3 weeks) and looked around at the other bases.

Dalet has added some more to the additional area of his base.

Crystal has added a LOT to her base - looks good! Has a decent collection of horses and dogs penned up and a nice new brick house at the center of the base.

Think both of their base's areas are bigger than mine now (though I have a lot of extra height due to the 10+ mostly empty floors).

Didn't see any other changes (but of course I wouldn't know about any new bases or might have not noticed some of the changes) ;)

Saw a Hermitcraft video and tested out putting carpet to block the zombie pigmen from getting to the nether rail area - seems to work so far.

Interesting about the carpet.

Going to ahve to log in again some day.

Logged on again yesterday - dalet has made some interesting items at his place - including an automatic cooked chicken and feather farm with 2-4 times the chicken capacity of the design I copied from youtube. Didn't get a chance to look at the full redstone wiring for it as some of it goes underground.

The carpets that I was testing on the rails have disappeared - not sure if they were removed or burnt up (seen that happen earlier).

Guess Crystal didn't like the brick house as she tore it down and has started to build a large sandstone house instead.

I've started to push the western tunnel further west in an effort to gain more iron and gold - only gone from -4900x to -6500x so far though.

Any idea what the plan is with 1.9 eventually coming? Staying in this world or starting another or neither? (think only 3 of us are currently playing) I would be fine with any decision to be honest.

I would leave it up to you all.

The server would automatically update. But, we already did the end and some other things, that really are integral to 1.9. So, it would probably be a good thing to restart if that particular experience is something that people want / desire.

Does the Win10 Beta version connect and play correctly to Realms?

True, most of the main changes in 1.9 are in the end. The changes to the overworld in 1.9 are mostly the addition of 125 more strongholds, igloos and beetroots. The overworld changes should update in 1.9 if the area hasn't been discovered prior to 1.9.

I can't speak for others but I have restricted my exploration of the world mainly to the areas near the tunnel system - except in the desert area in the west and maybe a bit in the south (mushroom island and the far SW to get some dogs).

As for Win10 version, I doubt that it connects to Realms - Minecraft and Realms run on Java - Win 10 Minecraft is essentially the Pocket Version and I don't think it runs on Java. There was a Realms version for Win 10 called Pocket Realms, but according to Minecraft wiki - it isn't currently operational.

Using the dates in this thread and the other Minecraft threads - I figured out about how long the other MP worlds each lasted:

1.5-1.6 World March 2013 - October 2013 about 200 days

1.7 World November 2013 - May 2014 about 170 days

1.8 World (current world) June 2015 - Present about 200 days so far

Edit: just looked on Minecraft forums and they confirmed that the End islands will appear in games that move from 1.8 to 1.9 - you might need to resummon the dragon and defeat it again to get the portal to the islands perhaps.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/recent-updates-and-snapshots/2520578-1-9-stuff-available-in-1-8-end

Edited by Sharpe

I don't know, to be honest. I don't think so, not yet anyways. But, I know it is something they are working on.

Edit: just looked on Minecraft forums and they confirmed that the End islands will appear in games that move from 1.8 to 1.9 - you might need to resummon the dragon and defeat it again to get the portal to the islands perhaps.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/recent-updates-and-snapshots/2520578-1-9-stuff-available-in-1-8-end

Well, I could just do that in god mode if you want to keep all the work.

Next time you see Dale & Crystal online, ask them what they want to do. I will try to get some time next week (holiday break) to log on and ask as well.

Well, I could just do that in god mode if you want to keep all the work.

Next time you see Dale & Crystal online, ask them what they want to do. I will try to get some time next week (holiday break) to log on and ask as well.

I'm still fine with either to continue or a new map - what has been built can be rebuilt anew - and I like new maps but there is a lot of things (fast travel/machines/bases) in the current world too - just might take a while to develop a tunnel/nether tunnel system again admittedly - I suspect Dale and Crystal might favor keeping the current world given how much work they've put in but then again maybe not - I will ask them if I see them online.

I've just been looking into possibilities in how to max 1.9 features if we did continue with the current map - that's why I mentioned mcedit earlier and have been looking into the 1.8-1.9 transition. Starting a new map is straightforward in comparison. That being said 1.9 is still over a month away at least - sounds like they didn't want to release the new patch over the holiday period - both for the player enjoyment during the holidays and the developers having to put in hours to debug any problems ;) .

Edited by Sharpe

Talked with dalet online and he called the others:

Dalet said he's ok with a new map (wouldn't mind something new)

Crystal wants to keep the current map (possibly because she wants to keep her place)

Jordan says he doesn't care either way

He didn't get an answer from Spencer (not sure who he is - maybe scongamer?)

Edit:

Dalet talked to Crystal again and after she realized that 1.9 is at least a month away still - she's ok with a new world too it seems

Edited by Sharpe

I see Mojang has cut the price of all Realms subscriptions by 30% and increased duration on the subscriptions that have been paid since November by 50%.

I checked my account, but I couldn't see if I got extra time on it or not. Oh well. No biggie.