godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

While I was investigating the caverns just outside the abandoned mine I found a 2nd zombie dungeon - I'm startled by how much of this was nearby that I didn't know about.

BD I did that survey of near your place I mentioned when we were online.

Goes from 3800x-4800x between 700z and 1200z - I think though that this map copy's village near your place is further south towards 800z than in the server world.

The overworld

Copy of GK Server World_isometric 3800-4800x 700-1200z.jpg

This one shows the cave system from level 1- surface

Copy of GK Server World_3800-4800x 700-1200z caves.jpg

This one (though very hard to see) shows the dungeon locations (tracks for cobblestone, moss stone, monster spawners and chests only):

Copy of GK Server World_3800-4800x 700-1200z - dungeons.png

The one shows the mine locations (tracks wood, fences that are underground, monster spawners, and rails only):

Copy of GK Server World_3800-4800x 700-1200z mines.png

Admittedly it is easiest to do if they could be printed out and laid on top of each other - but it is possible to compare them visually. Not sure how much help this will be or not.

This of course is assuming that dungeons and mines don't move in copies of different seeds like villages do - but admittedly I found most of my stuff near me via this method.

Edited by Sharpe

Awesome! Thanks Sharpe. I'm gonna have to go dungeon diving. :D

I moved the spawn portal in the nether to level 52 so we won't have to use those stairs anymore (I kept the stairs in place for a possible future project but temporarily blocked them off with cobblestone).

Think I've finally finished lighting up the combo mine/cave complex under the village beside me. Just have to get through to the 2 poison spider spawners now (even though on easy mode they don't spit poison which is nice...).

I enjoyed that little bit of free time I had to play over the past week or so. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on for a bit again soon. I wanna keep building!

Btw, you said you were using creative mode on a copy world re the reconstruction of your village area.

Having done that for something else, I'd recommend just making a general outline of the design(s) you want to build - I've found that there is nothing more boring and frustrating than building the same thing twice (and it being a lot harder in survival mode especially in reaching tighter and higher places ... ).

I've been on the search for wolves in the taigas closest to my place - built another level 11 tunnel in one of them - found a couple more mines.

But I've come up empty so far despite the huge taiga areas - so I'm now looking along the raillines instead. I did record seeing wolves on papers when I was exploring but I've lost track of those papers so far :( .

Edit: found some wolves finally.

Double Edit: and... as soon as I built a path to them they disappeared (or were killed by skeletons) .... :( Well at least there are some horses and donkeys nearby to justify the making of the tunnel and portal room.

Edited by Sharpe

Scon and dalet made a copy of the automatic melon farm at dalet's base - but I checked it out and they missed a couple of details. I am tempted and curious enough to let it play out to see how well it works without the glowstone. I am curious to see if the growth rates will be affected in any way or not - maybe the glowstone isn't needed at all.

Of course that is assuming they put the redstone repeaters down first and the redstone comparators later as oddly the pistons didn't work when I did it in the opposite order once :( .

I know the growth rates of the melons will be slowed by the lack of the flowers - nimstv mentioned that on his video that the flowers increase the growth IIRC.

Edit: man the kids go nuts on making a lot of furnaces - crystal has 33 of them in one spot and scon has 16 of them... I have 8... I'm not sure you could always fill the 33rd one before the first one finishes...

Edited by Sharpe

Finally found some more wolves and tamed them into dogs - got 2 in a pen surrounded by a mini base of sorts plus a 3rd just outside the walls.

Now just have to breed them and transport them back to a common area.

just remember the teleport trick. Makes it easier to get cats and dogs where you want them.

just remember the teleport trick. Makes it easier to get cats and dogs where you want them.

Yeah and the right click to make them sit when you don't want them going anywhere - like keeping them in the pen to be able to breed them ;) ... up to 4 dogs now! :)

When I was looking for wolves in the various forests and taigas - I walked down to dalet's place. It is now covering a huge area - around the same sized area as my base.

Desktop computer died again :( :( :( - think it might be permanent this time as I saw a spark when I tried to reinsert my mouse into a USB port and then it suddenly went kaput.

Tried Minecraft on my laptop - got 5-40 fps while my desktop got 50-60 :( (I could live with 30 fps - its the drops to 5 that annoy me).

Ouch. Really sorry to hear it Sharpe. PC deaths are never fun at all. I know I'm basically on borrowed time with my laptop.

Well the desktop was getting old - over 6 years old in fact - real downside is that I bought a new graphics card for it less than 6 months ago. So if I get a new desktop I should get one with a weak graphics card in order to reuse the current one.

It turns out that I had the laptop graphics set to use the intel graphics for minecraft instead of the graphics card. Once I made the change the fps rose to 12-55 from 5-30. Much better - not as many "stalls" - admittedly not as good as the desktop fps but I can work with this.

I started an automated elevated subway project near the bases nearest spawn before the desktop crash - so if you see an elevated walkway of cobble near your base, that's what it is ... still a long way to finish it though.

Is anyone playing?

Admittedly I'm playing a lot less - 12-25 FPS doesn't allow me to do much or as quickly unfortunately. Only thing I've done is start to expand the automated elevated subway project to 3 wide from 1 and that has only been done in the Dalet base to my base section and a little bit north of that so far.

But when I have been online it doesn't seem as though there is much change in the world recently :( .

I recall GK being able to get login info but I'm not sure.

Over the past week there have been 5 log ins:

Kebeo11 on 9-25 for 12 minutes

Dalethomas on 9-28 for 14 minutes and 9-28 for 2 minutes

Velegon on 9-28 once for 28 minutes and once for 22 minutes.

I haven't been on in almost a month - been playing fallout 3 on my xbox 360 in anticipation of fallout 4, along with starting a new job and a new school year, and getting a daughter.... yep. Time is what it is.

I will keep the server up for another 28 days when it runs out, and I have no problem getting another 6 months if even 1 person is playing - as I expect I would go back to that world some day and have some fun.

GK... you got a new job? :)

That's great! Congratulations. Glad to hear unemployment didn't last too long.

Lack of free time and World of Warships has kind of taken over. I do want to get back. I'm about to have a few weeks off with the new baby and while I'll be busy there will be extra downtime as well. I hope to play some more then.

I either haven't had time or I've been playing other stuff the past couple months - a mix of Skyrim, Civ:BE, Civ5, and a little Shadow of Mordor thrown in.

Seems that health regeneration has changed in 1.9 - now it is primarily based on the food's saturation level.

Melons and beetroots have extremely low saturation levels (1.2) while steak and porkchops has high saturation levels (12.8) - though golden carrot has the highest (14.4) and chicken is in the middle (7 ish).

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Food

Well I think I've managed to get my FPS to a more stable amount on the realms server through my latest changes - everywhere but my base lol (still in the 10-20 fps range there - 30 to 60 everywhere else).

Updating the browser and java to 64 bit helped, but probably increasing the allocation of RAM in the profile from 128MB-1GB to 1GB-4GB seems to have helped more.

Was online a lot this weekend and almost finished stage 2 of my elevated subway project.

Looks like my current slime farm may not work in 1.9 as mobs will try to avoid cactuses according to the wiki on 1.9. Oh well, I'll gather what I can before then :( .

I will make sure to update the subscription in the next couple of days (waiting on the next paycheck, as this comes out of my fun fund, not our household general funds). So, it may be down for a couple of days - but it will be back up soon.

Thanks GK. :)

All of us appreciate it.

Thanks as well GK :) .

Started working on a new project in the nether - hope it works properly - would be helpful for all of us if it does :D .

Completed a small nether gold farm - not sure how well it will work - but at least it should provide some gold nuggets. It is located between spacy's stronghold and dalet's base (at level 32) - there is also a staircase to the chest area past the iron door on the western side.