godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

Big world

Hope the amount of exploration isn't putting a strain on the server though I have mostly stuck to exploring the areas near the tunnels.

Nearly have my base's outside structure done (inner building and outer shell):

2015-08-09_13.19.31.jpg

2015-08-09_13.38.34.jpg

And yes, it is way too big to fill up with stuff... :(

Edited by Sharpe

Wow!

I was on for a bit yesterday, took a bit of a look around, etc etc. Looking good peeps!

Worked on my house for a bit too, gotta finish it. haha.

Also I'm speechless. That's so much digging!

Umm its not as much as it seems BD - the picture is mostly the outer shell surrounding the actual building - the actual building inside is less than half of the width of the shell and due to its step design not as deep either ;)

Edit: oh you're probably referring to the 40000 squares of tunneling - yeah that took a while - but thanks to GK's advice it is much easier with heavily enchanted diamond picks ;)

Edited by Sharpe

Added some towers to my base:

2015-08-15_22.34.20.jpg

Also completed (but not tested) an automatic potion machine (from Tango Tek's videos)

and almost completed an auto sort mass storage machine (also from Tango Tek's videos). (takes a TON of iron and wood though :( )

Lots of GK's students were online tonight (think there was 4-5 of us online at once).

Edited by Sharpe

Well, former students. I was laid off on Friday.

Well, former students. I was laid off on Friday.

Ouch, sorry to hear that :(

Finally completed the outside of my base (except for minor cosmetic details such as raillings for the balconies and maybe getting rid of that hidious villager water slide and such):

2015-08-17_20.07.41.jpg

and since I don't do much inside - probably finished it entirely except for completing another machine or two (maybe)...

Going to have to find some time to log in and check it out.

So dalet claims that kobe and scongamer are going to blow his base up .

I gave him advice on how to minimize the damage from tnt (thicker walls, water etc.)

Then I discovered that Dalet had taken ALL of my gunpowder (2 stacks enough for around 30 tnt). As a result I am now going to hide away most of my stuff.

Yes I am a little bit angry - I told him I don't mind people taking SOME of my stuff - but not all (was planning on using the gunpowder for the brewer).

Sigh don't care for these things.... :( especially if someone tries to pull something on me...

Looking at my rotating lighthouses, I think I don't like the design as much as the original one even though the mechanisms are much easier this time:

2013-10-11_20.34.05.png

Actually I still like my whole area from the first MP world best ... ah when we all had more time for stuff sigh

I think it looks pretty cool. What are the coords? I'd like to see it in action.

The rotating lighthouses are at my base BD. Think I still prefer the design of the sandstone one from the original 1.6 MP world though. Shame I can't visit it to try to duplicate its design in the current world :(

It's kiddo dependent but I'm back and starting to build my island getaway in the dark forest near Dale's place. :)

I found a village and decided to build a wall around it. I'm almost done but here's from a couple hours ago...

bX2aiS.png

I've now got the wall all around the village. Now I'm working on some farming and also lots of lighting. Unfortunately all but one of the villagers have been killed off. I'm hoping that the population will come back at some point.

ZVDTor.png

I added some temporary housing at your village BD - sorry they're in cobblestone didn't want to use your stone brick up - so it doesn't fit your current design.

I was worried about there only being 2 villagers at your village (due to only having 6 wooden doors). So the total of 10 wooden doors now should eventually increase the villagers to 3 when they enter a breeding cycle again (might need to give them 12 potatoes or 3 bread each for that).

I'm having a blast playing on the server. I'm kinda upset with myself that I didn't get back into Minecraft when everyone else was on and playing.

C'mon all! Come back and play with me! :D

Yeah the chickens really seem to be growing large aren't they? ;)

Oh, you mean the little villager ... good, though that took long enough didn't it... :)

Still I'll have to wait a bit to do that villager breeder halfway between your village and GK's until both villages have larger populations - since there are no other villages anywhere near those two, I'll have to "borrow" a brown coat with no apron villager plus 2 other villagers from either village for it.

Edited by Sharpe

BD I went to your place to make you a cooked chicken machine when I noticed one of your villagers trying to climb up the wall staircase - so I got him off and blocked off the staircase with walls and a gate.

Oh in case you want completely straight walls in your new area I moved that small pond on the right side away from your walls. In case you don't I can move it back to the way it was.

Also the spawn area now has a cooked chicken & feather machine as well as an automated melon farm (assuming I didn't make a mistake in their construction) near the cobblestone generator.

No worries Sharpe. I'm actually not very happy with my walls. I need to really give some thought with what I want to do with that whole village.

I did notice the chicken machine. Thanks!!!!!!!!

That area with the village beside my base has turned out to be very interesting.

There's the village - then when I was making a level 52 tunnel to the village from my place I found a zombie dungeon.

Then much later I found out there was an abandoned mine mostly underneath the village.

Then, much to my embarassment, I found a regular spider dungeon - about 10 squares from the zombie dungeon :huh: .

You've got a lot going on there!

I've been doing some major undoing and redoing of my area. I tore down most of my wall and threw up a protective fence for the village in the mean time. I've been actually giving the area some thought and doing some planning. Eventually I'll have something I'm far more happy with, it's just gonna take some time.