godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

You get 0 light on top of half slabs I believe.

But as the half slabs don't allow spawns, I tended to ignore them.

Thanks for fixing the doors & the steps. I know the one BBQ villager was a good one - he sold good magic books, including Flame 1 in a bit of irony.

I opened the gate to the end.

Anybody available to help kill a dragon? I have only a couple weeks before I have to leave, and would like to do this.

Requirements:

Diamond Armor + Enchants

Diamond Sword + Enchants

Bow + Enchants

Couple stacks of ladders (to climb up and destroy crystals to keep it from healing)

Stack of food

Some obsidian (to make a short wall, so that you don't get kicked back off a cliff

Pots of your choice (I have a few notch apples I can spare - now you know why I have been hoarding my gold).

Picks and shovels in case you end up inside the island, and a couple stacks of dirt / cobble in case we spawn off the island and have to build a bridge.

Backup armor & weapons so that if you die, you can get back sooner.

Misc: Snowballs will do 1 damage to the dragon if you hit the body.

We could spawn a wither... but would have to farm heads to make it work. I hear that it is great fun to spawn the whither and watch it kill off all the enderman and then watch the dragon kill it.

Spawn animals are all gone - no idea how - GK, you talked about moving them to a safer spot from lightning - did you end up doing that?

Otherwise I suspect someone has killed them off and/or moved them to their base(s).

If that is the case I'm not going to bother to try to help repopulate them this time. Many of us have large animal pens at our bases already set up anyhow.

No idea. There was a big thunderstorm when I was on earlier.

I seriously doubt anybody moved them.

I haven't been on for a while, so can't help in the investigations.

Got 3 wither heads.

Gate to teh end is open.

Now, just have to find a time and watch the fireworks. I have until Thursday my time before I go.

Updated tunnels map

Blue = Level 50 tunnels

Red = Level 11 tunnels

Yellow = Nether Tunnels and Bridges

The east and west (around z=800 mostly) nether lines are completely railed now from -3500x, +800z in the west to near spawn and then to +4400x, +2066z in the east.

GK's Minecraft Server MP Map.jpg

Edited by Sharpe

Tomorrow night, I will release the wither upon the dragon. Aiming for 9pm or so EST, but will depend upon the Mrs.

Sharpe and I were successful against the dragon. Sorry timing couldn't work out for more folks to go.

Sorry I've not been on as much of late. I've been barrelling through all of the stuff I purchased in the steam summer sale.

Hopefully, I get back to minecraft before we run out of summer, but I'm only partway into 3 different games I purchased last month.

I goofed up on my villager breeder - thought the village beside my base had the necessary brown coats (ie farmer category) - didn't notice their black aprons which makes them blacksmiths instead.

Checked the villages on the western and southern raillines - only one village had farmers so far - the one about 2500 squares west of spawn. It has 4 of the farmer category. (admittedly didn't check the village a fair bit east of Dale's and BD's areas.

So I have increased the number of houses in that village from 5 to 28 which should allow village to expand to 9 villagers (already has expanded to 8 - but unfortunately baby villagers were white coats).

Built but didn't complete a 29th house as that would allow the village to expand to 10 villagers which would potentially trigger an iron golem which would complicate any villager transports (golem might interpret the pushing of the villagers into a minecart as an attack on them :( ).

I goofed up on my villager breeder - thought the village beside my base had the necessary brown coats (ie farmer category) - didn't notice their black aprons which makes them blacksmiths instead.

Checked the villages on the western and southern raillines - only one village had farmers so far - the one about 2500 squares west of spawn. It has 4 of the farmer category. (admittedly didn't check the village a fair bit east of Dale's and BD's areas.

So I have increased the number of houses in that village from 5 to 28 which should allow village to expand to 9 villagers (already has expanded to 8 - but unfortunately baby villagers were white coats).

Built but didn't complete a 29th house as that would allow the village to expand to 10 villagers which would potentially trigger an iron golem which would complicate any villager transports (golem might interpret the pushing of the villagers into a minecart as an attack on them :( ).

Update: Sent 2 "farmer" villagers east - one to the villager breeder and another to the village near my base.

Villager breeder now mostly working - still have a little bug with the water elevator to work out. But have spawned 6 additional villagers from it so far.

I have a small iron farm working at my base - though I'm not sure if the hopper system into chests is working properly yet.

Currently 1 iron golem every 3-10 minutes, assuming no glitches arise - although that rate may increase as or if the villager population rises.

I will work on another iron farm somewhat close to the spawn soon - as soon as I set up a place for it and the villager water slide for it.

Was trying to avoid doing 4 posts in a row ... ;)

Updated tunnel map (the next and probably final map will have to go to maximum zoom as even this one doesn't have all of the southern tunnel now):

GK's Minecraft Realms MP Map.jpg

Edited by Sharpe

2015-07-17_22.47.02.png

Reached the nearest mushroom island biome by level 11 tunnel - still working on the nether bridge there (ghasts are flying around too much :( ).

Ouch!

I am back, but don't know when I will have time to check into the game.

Sorry you had to leave suddenly Dale - though it turns out we were heading in the wrong direction - oops :(

Anyhow I completed the alternate passage into the Underwater Monument near GK's place heading north from that island.

I will see if it will allow a nether portal that won't interfere with GK's original portal.

EDIT: No it was too close - and seems GK did create an alternate path to the monument via a level 11 tunnel with a ladder up to it.

Found that out when I was digging a tunnel between GK's portal and the island, but did find a mine also near GK's ladder at level 36ish.

Oh btw, if you want the On a Rail achievement - there are 2 ways to get it in the world : from my base there is a overworld rail line to a village over 3000 squares westward - you'd get the achievement about halfway.

Also the nether southern rail might be enough to get it now - assuming no zombie pigmen don't stand in the way on the rails :(

And... new tunnel map

GK MP Realms Server 2015.jpg

Edited by Sharpe

Sorry you had to leave suddenly Dale - though it turns out we were heading in the wrong direction - oops :(

I had to leave suddenly because my 8 year old heard me coming down the hallway and he's not supposed to be on minecraft during the week. ;)

I hope he hasn't lost all my stuff dieing. haha.

I had to leave suddenly because my 8 year old heard me coming down the hallway and he's not supposed to be on minecraft during the week. ;)

I hope he hasn't lost all my stuff dieing. haha.

Aha! I thought something was different - calling me Velegon instead of Sharpe - and the unusual spelling errors, but I wasn't sure ;) . I didn't see him die at all actually. Sounds like he wanted to mine GK's portal area but I told him that GK didn't want it touched - hopefully stopped him from doing that.

As for losing stuff except for diamonds and gold - I have been starting to set up automatic machines and such at my place so it won't be as bad a problem - so far have automated melon and pumpkin farms, the iron farm, dialable enchanter, a cobblestone generator and a small automatic slime farm nearby.

Next up for me there is an afk cobblestone generator, afk fishing machine, and cow and chicken machines. Eventually I will get to work on a gold nugget farm, but it would be a lot of work sigh - not enough time :( ....

Not MP game related but found an interesting start to a single player world:

Near Mushroom Island Start.jpg

You start on a small island with nothing on it - save a pumpkin (for me anyway) - no trees at all, all grass - but to the SE you see a swamp island.

The swampland is directly connected to a decent sized mushroom island biome, which is connected to the mainland.

There is also another large mushroom island further east. Seed number is on the uploaded map.

First 1.9 snapshot released tomorrow as well as the beta of Microsoft Windows 10 edition - current Minecraft owners get a free copy of it.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9

Oh and a tunnel map update:

Edited by Sharpe

Another tunnel map update:

Connected up the tunnel and nether tunnel system to the Mega Taiga biome - think that is now all of the major biomes done now.

Can't believe I didn't see the tunnel heading south from GK's mesa until now (then again I haven't been in that area for a long while ;) ).

Two of GK's students have established new bases in the far SE area - one in the very SE part of the tunnel system.

Edited by Sharpe

Think I'm done with tunneling for a looooong while - especially after mining about 40000 squares of tunnels, so last tunnel update for a while lol. Not much change - just completed the eastern circuit, glassed it in and railroaded it. (Oh and finally started replacing my soil doors - I know how much people hate those hehe)

Going to work on finally finishing the exterior shell of my base. Dalet doubled the size of his base with farms, Crystal has a nice glass house - scongamer seems to be mostly putting his stuff in his area's portal room so far - not sure what his plans are - though he has a LOT of furnaces :)

Edited by Sharpe