godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

Ya, same spot basically. No big deal, i can easily find another spot. I didn't have anything particular in mind, but I liked how that area lent itself to all sorts of possibilities.

I'm thinking about building a base in the area near the village south of the mountains.

Since we have such a large starting area to fill, I wonder if we should mimic the you tube Hermitcraft server and create our own base residences in the spawn area. Nothing too large, just something you can call home when you are at the spawn away from your main bases.

Enderman are rare in this game, at least to me so far.

Was able to make 3 ender chests - put one at the village, one at the spawn, and one over by arn's place. Put a wall around the village (need to set it on fire, still) to protect against mobs, and put about 150 odd torches up. Can easily add another 50-100 torches and if the wall is on fire, should add a lot of light.

Also farmed enough cows to make books enough for our enchanting area. It is a bit tight in there, but for now it will work. Suggest if someone wants a mini project that they can build a special hut just for the enchanting stuff.

I got nether wart. Planted some, harvested, and, well, we have a lot now. Brewing stand set up in my little hut area at the spawn. Help yourself.

Don't worry about books. I found the strongholds library.

Will bring books over when i clear it.

Tried to set up a nether portal at the stronghold near me, and at my base. Both are too close to Sharpe's, unfortunately, that i keep getting pulled to that one.

Did a couple of projects. The spawn has some new mountain decoration in the form of a ruined temple (and a lot of time mining quartz in the nether). Ladder is on the back side if you want to climb up to take a closer look. Also, built a lighthouse on my island and a farm there as well. Only have sheep, pigs, chickens and rabbits - would like cows, but no easy way to get them to the island.

One thing that might be helpful at this point is if each of us started putting up signs that could help direct others to our locations and at any branching intersections.

I'll try to get some up out my way, though the path in that case is blessedly somewhat obvious.

I extended Sharpe's tunnel all the way over to Jungle temple. Over the next bit, I plan on extending it further to the Mesa area to get clay.

I extended Sharpe's tunnel all the way over to Jungle temple. Over the next bit, I plan on extending it further to the Mesa area to get clay.

Considering that you've dug 2000 of the 3000 square length of the tunnel - calling it "Sharpe's tunnel" is a bit of a misnomer. ;)

I've created portals at around 1400, 800 (eastern coast of lake) - 1800, 850 (GK's exit near the jungle - about 300 squares from jungle I think), Dale's base and built a nether bridge between Arnelos and GK's bases - and put up a whole bunch of signs in the nether tunnels. ;)

I'm slowly trying to catch up with GK's eastern level 11 tunneling (the eastern jungle temple is about at 2900x, 800z I think) in the nether - but I am having to build nether bridges of cobble to pass over a giant lava lake so it is a lot slower than nether tunneling. :(

Here is a map of the overworld tunnel (in red) and nether tunnel network (in yellow):

Of course this is what I know of ;) - could have more around ...

Spacy MP World Tunnels and Nether Tunnels.png

Edited by Sharpe

Feel free to snag the cobble I am getting from the super tunnel.

I have plans for the granite, andesite, etc., but the cobble I have so much of it.... please, help yourself.

Here is a map of the overworld tunnel (in red) and nether tunnel network (in yellow):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14033[/ATTACH]

Of course this is what I know of ;) - could have more around ...

I am at the northern temple in the jungle, the one that is (almost) on an island. There is an abandoned mineshaft under the temple. I have seen a cat in the area, but as there was so much undergrowth I couldn't get close to it.

I am at the northern temple in the jungle, the one that is (almost) on an island. There is an abandoned mineshaft under the temple. I have seen a cat in the area, but as there was so much undergrowth I couldn't get close to it.

Oh oops - missed that temple - sorry I overshot your location by a considerable distance ;)

So, more like this then:

Spacy MP World Tunnels and Nether Tunnels.png

Edited by Sharpe

A couple of the high school kids asked to come back, so as we have room I invited them. They are friend of the existing kids on the server. I don't think there will be any issues, but if there are just let me know.

Updated Nether tunnel (in yellow) and overworld tunnel (in red) maps:

Also started working on a villager breeder system in the mountains between the southern village, the spawn and my base (tried to isolate it from built up areas a bit to reduce any lag).

When completed it will require someone to be nearby (active or afk) to be able to breed 1 new villager every 10 minutes.

So I have also started to build a building that will contain other afk machines (cobblestone generator, fishing) to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Spacy MP World Tunnels and Nether Tunnels.jpg

Edited by Sharpe

Explored the desert savannah area in 3300z area.

There are villages at around:

48x, 3344z (just west of the surface entrance to the tunnel)

1168, 2880

0, 3648

-864, 2640

-176, 4224

320, 4240

2 of them have blacksmiths, at least 1 of them has bookshelves, but the rest are all farming villages (some small, one large)

There are no villages at 656, 3376 and 880, 3664.

There is a desert temple at 48, 4160 but seemingly not at 176, 3856 (not entirely sure as there is a hill there that could be concealing the temple).

I've railed from my area to halfway back to the spawn. There's a couple rails left in a chest in the cavern halfway.

I haven't been on as much recently, but I haven't noticed anyone else on when I've been on ;)

Unfortunately, someone has been tampering with the spawn stuff - some gates are missing, my cobblestone generator has been altered (slight deterioration in performance from what I've seen - especially with the removal of the obsidian blocks) :(

Hardly seen anyone on the last few days.

Been working on my house. Coming along well. Need lots and lots of quartz if anyone has any.

I haven't had much time, last couple days of school; getting final grades done, preparing for summer school, stuff like that.

Hope to be on a bit more soon. Thinking I might try a windmill on my little island. And, I do need to see if I can capture another zombie and cure it.

The underwater monument was almost cleared out. If you have never seen one, check the place out. I have about 70% of the water removed.

I haven't been on as much recently, but I haven't noticed anyone else on when I've been on ;)

Unfortunately, someone has been tampering with the spawn stuff - some gates are missing, my cobblestone generator has been altered (slight deterioration in performance from what I've seen - especially with the removal of the obsidian blocks) :(

Only two people on on 6/17 & 6/18 - You and Dale. 16th had most people on. 15th was the last day I was on, but I hope to be back tomorrow some.

Looks also like you are logging off just as Dale is logging on.... silly timezone differences. :D

Went around and checked out some other folks placed today. Nice stuff going on.

I like how Dale is using the clay for his home. It looks great! I haven't seen anything like that ever.

Sharpe - your place is HUGE!

Arn - very cool gate / tower thing. Cannot wait to see what you do with it!

Completed the Eastern Nether Bridge to both the Jungle Temple (2900x) and the Mesa Base (3700x) .

Also started a level 11 northern tunnel - completed up to +256x, -224z - also to lessen my overworld walking to the end of said tunnel - connected it to BD's cave base and put a nether portal there - sorry for the intrusion again BD - I just really hate long walks in Minecraft if I can avoid it ;) .

Updated tunnels map

Blue = Level 50 tunnels

Red = Level 11 tunnels

Yellow = Nether Tunnels and Bridges

Map isn't as good as this is Vista's paint function not Windows 7 as the previous ones were :( .

GK's Minecraft Server MP Map.jpg

Edited by Sharpe

Finished the nether rail line along the nether eastern bridge as well as glassing it off (not as much need to worry about ghasts there now hehe).

GK, I made some minor changes to your new village - I put iron doors on the remaining exits and a gate on another stairway to the upper walkway to prevent any more barbequed villagers.

I noticed a couple of oddities while walking around though - there were 3 "0 light" locations: 4403,2064 - 4386,2065 and 4349,2060 - no matter how many torches I put around there.

I surrounded those areas with fences and gates as a precaution - but I'm not sure what the 0 light locations mean, might be nothing - but you might want to look for any other of these oddities when you're there next.