godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

Good to know! 

I'll try and make at least a nether portal this weekend, so you know where to aim for if you continue the nether tunnels.

What y-level are you at in the nether?

BTW, there's a librarian who sells mending books in our current village, as well as a couple toolsmiths and armorsmiths, I'm all decked out in diamond gear without having mined a single diamond :lol:

My nether tunnel system is at level 52 y-level - but feel free to make yours wherever you want. I am planning to make a push further westward on my days off work with the nether tunnel system soon - currently at overworld -500, -73 at level 52 means I would have 8000+ squares (or 1000 nether squares) to reach your area.

Yeah, I think they nerfed the amount of diamonds at level 11 in the recent patches I've only gotten about 25 so far - so soon I should have enough for the diamond armor and sword ;).

Been doing a lot of tunneling and dying in the MP world recently ;) - dying came from trying to get blaze rods and also creeper explosions :(.

Pushed the nether tunnel/bridge west to the mooshroom island about 1000+ squares NW of N35tor's current village - took a boat and visited the village - seeing if I could find a nether portal to aim southwards at - couldn't find one - so dropped off 16 obsidian there.

Also tunneled (and nether tunneled) northwards to a village and the bamboo jungle.

Updated screenshot of my building at the spawn island below:

2019-06-15_20.09.57.png

Also found out that Amidst's locations for strongholds are wrong - checked out 2 of the locations they showed and neither had strongholds - using the eye of ender I know there is a stronghold somewhere SW of -229x -490z - but haven't gathered anymore ender pearls or blaze rods (as I kept dying trying to get both so far lol).

Here's the map of the nether tunnels so far:

New MP world.png

Ah, I was wondering where that obsidian had come from, lol. 

I'll make a nether portal now, and push north from there, to join up with yours.

So I made the portal (and moved it to y 52) but then went back to overworld. 

I advanced a lot with clearing the abandoned mines (the are at least two of them joined together), and started on a rail system to get stuff out to the surface.

I connected your nether portal up to the nether tunnel area.

But last night when I logged on I noticed some lag on the server (when walking or mining noticed some of deja vu) - this morning the lag seems worse - noticed it especially when trying to sleep or use a nether portal :( .

Yeah, the same happened to me last night. I'll talk to my friend.

Wow, your friend was fast in responding to your message and resetting the server! 

I accidentally triggered an Illager raid, and for some reason it was a hard-difficulty raid. I managed to kill the first 6 waves, but the 7th managed to swim through and they killed all the villagers (and me twice).

Unfortunately server lag is bad again - suspect it may be due to the large amount of squares that have been revealed in the game so far - though some of it might be from being on 1.12.2 when Minecraft has updated now to 1.12.3 (will be nice to have the increased amount of iron golems spawn but not so good for the zombie raids on villages being back).

It has been suggested to us by server support to switch to Spigot rather than vanilla MC, which  is standard MC with performance improvements. 

Another alternative is to move it to Realms.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, N35t0r said:

It has been suggested to us by server support to switch to Spigot rather than vanilla MC, which  is standard MC with performance improvements. 

Another alternative is to move it to Realms.

Sorry for taking so long to respond to this - it has been a busy week.

Realms is expensive for one payee I find - not sure where you are located but here it would be a little over $10.00 per month - which would be okay if the payee was rotated among 3 or 4 people every few months - but we don't have that many people (plus would have to find a way to transfer the save file).

As for Spigot - I've never heard of it - and I've never been able to figure out how to get any sort of mods to work. There was also another mod called optifine but I don't know if that still exists for the current patch.

Not sure what to suggest. 

The server is back up running spigot. 

Let's play for a while and see how it fares, otherwise we'll see.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:05 PM, N35t0r said:

The server is back up running spigot. 

Let's play for a while and see how it fares, otherwise we'll see.

Yeah tried it a couple of times yesterday and today and it seems fine so far. Thanks for thinking about that fix.

N35t0r re your exploration of the nether portals - I've finally got around to putting signs on them indicating where/what they are (except for the latest 2 portals) - perhaps I can turn the skeleton and blaze spawners & witch huts into automated farms eventually. I wouldn't bother exploring all of them - there are nearly 20 portals already lol - a lot of them are just villages.

As for me, I have been expanding the midway base - got the farm done and animals tucked away - unfortunately (or not) found out that a illager patrol regularly spawns nearby.

Ah, I ran into them (and promptly withdrew) when I was looking around.

I'm interested in getting to the bamboo jungle, I could use some scaffolding.

Got a few things done the last couple weeks:

Expanded the midway base significantly

Completed the level 11 tunnel all the way to N35tor's village from spawn (had been just past midway base) - though planning on extending it to the mushroom island and perhaps to the landmass westward of it

Found and explored 2 strongholds (one in the east has only 1 eye of ender in the end portal while the one north of midway base has 2) - hopefully one of the nearby strongholds has the max 3 eyes

Edit: I planted some bamboo in and around the midway base - it grows ridiculously fast so you are welcome to chop down several bamboo shoots - might be best to replant them at your village

I went all the way to the bamboo jungle the other day.

I haven't been paying much lately though, doing more Stellaris and Starbound.

Was tired of losing so much XP when I died so took the zombie spawner in your village and made it into a zombie XP farm - admittedly that is the slowest XP farm of all of them - but the easiest to do thankfully.

Unfortunately part of it was required to go above ground level near the gate heading to your staircase down to your mine - so I put a sign on the cobblestone not to break it - to avoid getting flooded by zombies ;) .

Yeah my schedule is such that I will be stuck only being able to play games on weekends (or in my case "weekends") for a while and I have the new games I bought on this year's Steam summer sale to play (and last year's and the year before and … :( ).

Turns out I was a week off from my "playing on weekends" time - so got more done (plus had insomnia so played then as it helps me get sleepy to mine in Minecraft ;) )

Updated nether tunnel system map below - added  the main "bases" as circles on the map - spawn base in east - midway base in the middle, the western village and the stepped base in the west:

Bob and N35tor's MP world.png

Bob Is telling me you're making a gold farm?

I'm on holidays in Spain ATM, so not much gaming going on.

No, I am going to start making some automated and semi automated farms though. I'll start with the easier ones such as the semi-automated cobblestone and stone generators and the automatic melon, pumpkin and sugarcane farms. Haven't figured out where to build them though yet.

Eventually I might get to a gold farm if one still works in 1.14 (the last one I did worked in 1.12 but not sure if that one works in 1.14)

Gold farms would usually require me to get above the ceiling of the nether and would require a large amount of blocks (at least 6 to 8 thousand blocks of several different types) - last time I built it I did it in creative and it still took me 10-12 hours of gametime. Admittedly it and the enderman farm (which would require killing the dragon and probably creative mode to get down to level 20 of the end) are the fastest xp farms.

The spawn chunk protected mode seems to have been activated - meaning anything in the spawn chunk is undestroyable.

That means that you can't access any chests in that area and doors without pressure plates won't open.  Unfortunately half of the chests at spawn base are located in this "zone".

Can it be turned off or shrunk down in size significantly? At least until I can access the chests and move their contents?

Also here's an updated nether tunnel map:

Minecraft Bob and N35t0r's MP world map.png