godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

Looks neat.  Not sure how I feel about the flying night monster that hunts players who haven't slept in a bed, though.  That could end up being like the cliff racers in Morrowind.

Snapshot 17w47a released:

New types of blocks added

- different types of wood pressure plates, wood trap doors and wood button based on the wood type

- Bark block - wood block with tree bark on all 4 sides

Xisuma gives a strong warning not to upload this snapshot on any current world as it would likely severely impact that world due to the changes.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, Arnelos said:

Looks neat.  Not sure how I feel about the flying night monster that hunts players who haven't slept in a bed, though.  That could end up being like the cliff racers in Morrowind.

Actually it is only supposed to spawn at high altitude land areas - but technically that could anything from sea level up.

On another subject, I have been thinking about using up my free realms trial period to upload the current realms world save in December, but I suspect there may not be much interest in it.

Did some work on the realms world save for the first time in about a month.

I removed most of the non-functioning iron farm above the original spawn area - I never really got it working properly anyhow.

In order to provide a somewhat steady stream of items for "fuel" to the mid-sized iron farm - I worked on several ideas - two ideas didn't work.

So I decided to build some automated farms to provide the items - have built a larger scale chicken/feather farm - and also have started working on an egg farm. Might also add a stacked sugarcane farm and/or a stacked melon farm to provide items.

I've activated the free 30 day trial for Minecraft Realms and uploaded the realms world save to it. It will be active until around January 12-14 2018. 

Working on inviting the former players to it - if I can remember the names used.

Feel free to visit or not visit - up to you.

I think:

Arnelos was Arnelos

GK was Spacy_Cadette

WPC Dale was thedale

Dalet was dalet

I thought BigDork was something like El_Carlsson - but it says that name doesn't exist

Game is very sluggish unfortunately - lots of deja vu resets.

Here are updated world tunnel maps in case you go online.

Realms world 1.12 northern tunnel map.png

Realms World 1.12 tunnel map.png

Oops, forgot one small important detail - it is the "Updated Olson Realms World".

The aquatic update snapshots have started to trickle out.

So far they've added several new ocean biome types based on temperature, ocean chasms/trenches, several types of fish, turtles, turtle head armor (allows waterbreathing), turtle potions (slow the target down but also increase damage resistance), kelp, sea grass, dried kelp, the trident weapon and a couple other things like prismarine slabs and stairs.

The new underwater structures (such as wrecks) haven't been added yet - the flying mob (can't remember the name) has been added but I'm not sure all of its functions have been done yet.

The water physics model hasn't been changed yet except for that items float to the surface now and the magma blocks will suck things down to them.

Couple more snapshots released in the past week:

18w09a - featuring coral blocks, underwater ruins (with small to medium loot chests) and other things

18w10a - tropical fish, buried treasure - and banners now appear on in game maps (and you can add text to them as well on the map) and other things

Xisumavoid's video summaries:

Turns out there was 4 snapshots in total last week - 18w10a through 18w10d.

Today 18w11a was released - adds the new drowned mob (underwater zombie) and shipwrecks.

1.13 pre-release 1 snapshot has been released - looks like 1.13 will be done soon. Reportedly they are planning out 1.14-1.16 as well - they estimate 2 patches per year.

Played some 1.13 single player:

Built up a decent sized base - found a turtle beach nearby - fenced it off to hopefully create a turtle farm when I get enough seagrass to breed them.

Saw a dolphin north of my base - wonder if a treasure chest or shipwreck is nearby as dolphins will lead you to them when they are fed I think.

Found out that the jack o'lantern recipe has changed - now requires you to carve a pumpkin with your shears (which also gives you 4 pumpkin seeds) then add the torch to it.

Haven't found any underwater ruins yet (really need a turtle helm which allows you to breathe underwater to do much underwater exploration) but have encountered a couple of drowned (underwater zombies).

Underwater chasms are an interesting change - ran into a partial one when I was building a staircase down from the surface.

Some pictures:

2018-07-20_13.35.12.png

2018-07-20_13.35.28.png

2018-07-20_13.35.45.png

2018-07-20_13.55.08.png

2018-07-26_18.28.00.png

Nice to see that amidst 4.3 beta 4 was released - now shows the 1.13 new areas in the current seed (the small squares in the water are ocean ruins and the anchors are shipwrecks):

1.13-5 map.png

I was curious to see what changes 1.13 would make to the old MP world - turns out there would be several (though only on a new map as that world was explored 10000 squares from spawn in almost every direction already - which was why it was so laggy :( ).

- the ocean monument east of GK's island wouldn't be there

- the jungle temple that GK worked on in the east wouldn't be there

- there would be an illager wooded mansion about 1000 or so squares southwest of spawn

- it looks like there would be a couple extra villages within 3000 squares of spawn

- the nearest strongholds would be in different locations (though the same as they were in 1.12 new worlds)

- lots of ocean ruins and shipwrecks in that big lake southeast of spawn

- some frozen ocean (probably with some icebergs) east of spawn

Old MP World in 1.13.png

Ya, I tried it out in the beta.  Had a good fun time with this update, actually.  

Minecraft is a lot more fun when you have friends to play with, though, and not to many are playing still.  And, those who are, are like me, and playing just hit or miss not on regular times.  

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, godking said:

Ya, I tried it out in the beta.  Had a good fun time with this update, actually.  

Minecraft is a lot more fun when you have friends to play with, though, and not to many are playing still.  And, those who are, are like me, and playing just hit or miss not on regular times.  

Agreed - I would prefer multiplayer over single player - being able to see what other people are making and frankly most of those automated farms are major overkill for single player hehe. 

Information on 2 more future patches released:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/10/01/minecraft-village-and-pillage-update-announced/

1st patch - before the end of the year: adding pandas, bamboo scaffolding and some changes to cats

2nd patch - in the new year - village and pillage update - overhaul of villages, crossbows added and changes to taiga biomes

Desert and savanna updates later in 2019

Looks as though the crafting table's functions are going to be divided into nearly a dozen new blocks - such as the loom, stonecutter, grindstone etc. in 1.14.

Been itching to play again.  Was hoping 1.14 would be out soon, but still haven't seen any dates for it yet.

@godking ,  together with a friend we currently have a Minecraft server were playing in. You can join if you like. Just PM me your Minecraft username so we can add you to the wishlist and I'll send you the address.

We both have 18 month old kids, so we're not online that much, but you're more than welcome to join us.

Thanks Nestor.  

When I get time, might.  Life is crazy right now.

We have just restarted under the new patch. It was a bit of a shame to abandon all the effort put into the other world, but we looked the changes to much not to do it.

We've found a village and have started to build over it.

I've been playing on N35t0r's and friend's MP server - a little less than 24 hours of playtime so far in the past week.

Just about finished the initial stage of my base on spawn island (screenshot below).

Got level 11 and nether tunnels completed to their abandoned (raided out) village about 1200 squares to the south of spawn.

Finally found a skeleton dungeon - but since it is at level 12 I don't know if I can make a skeleton farm out of it as there might not be enough space below it (though with the magma blocks and berry bushes less space below might work).

2019-05-31_14.25.20.png