godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

1.11 patch release mostly confirmed to be Monday November 14.

Been playing the world mentioned in post 322 - interesting world - lots of horses but WAY too many chickens ! (I got nearly 50 eggs so far without trying much to get them)

The size of minecraft save files are a bit odd - a little exploration on the surface adds a lot to the save size:

2016-12-16_21.17.12.png - this save file is 115 MB - due to mostly going to the jungle about 3000 squares to the NE of this place (plus that this place is about 800*600 squares SE of spawn)

2016-12-16_21.20.22.png - this save file is 68 MB - mostly due to exploration to the village to the east (about 1000 squares away). This place though much larger than the picture above is built right on spawn and so this file is smaller in size.

Edited by Sharpe

I have been working on my first intensive Minecraft world since the realms world shut down 3 months ago... and I had forgotten how long it takes to get anything done without heavily enchanted diamond tools and automated machines and how long it takes to travel without a nether railroad system or teleporters :lol: !

First snapshot for patch 1.11.1 was released 3 days ago - some interesting changes:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/60519-snapshot-16w50a-ready-for-testing

From Minecraft forum:

Change to combat mechanics

The crosshair attack indicator now always displays if fully loaded while looking at an entity (signified by an exclamation mark underneath)

Enchantment changes

New sword enchantment

"Sweeping Edge"

Up to 3 levels

Improves sweeping damage

Mending is no longer compatible with Infinity on bows

Iron nuggets

Crafting: 9 nuggets for 1 ingot and vice-versa

Many tools and items can now be recycled in furnaces

Gold and iron tools/weapons/armor/horse armor yield one gold/iron nugget each

Chain armor -> iron nugget

A fireworks feature

Right-clicking fireworks while flying gives a small speed boost

Firework rockets with an explosion now do damage

Death message: "<player> went off with a bang"

Just tried an experiment by starting the original MP world we had with patch 1.5, exploring the core areas (about 500-1000 squares in each direction), then loading the save up in 1.11 to see if the worlds would "merge".

Turns out they did - though in some cases the change from the 1.5 world to the 1.11 world is rather sudden:

2016-12-18_22.37.05.png

2016-12-18_22.38.10.png

The 1.11 parts of the world seem to have the full 1.11 features - I've seen mesa, llamas, horses, etc. that didn't exist in 1.5. But I never realized how much jungle there was in that 1.5 world in the core areas :lol:.

Interesting looking 1.10 mod that Xisumavoid highlights in this youtube video - supposedly adds 400 new biomes and 1700 new structures/objects - but doesn't add any new types of terrain so technically you could create a randomized world then shift the saved world back to vanilla with only the loss of some features:

Been working on a new single player game beside a village at spawn:

2017-01-22_17.15.54.png

First snapshot for 1.12 released

They changed the colors of wool slightly.

Added concrete powder and blocks. (16 different colors)

Added terracotta pattern blocks. (16 different patterns based on their color)

Xisuma's video on it:

Terra Cotta is nice... oh the nifty buildings with textures we can make!

Reportedly they are now allowing to change the colors of the beds and adding parrots as a tameable pet in 1.12 - now named the patch of "Color" lol.

Snapshot 17w13 released.

- adds tameable but not breedable parrots to the game (4 different colors) - tame them by feeding them cookies - they imitate the sounds of nearby hostile mobs

- adds recipe book with eventually customizable recipes - you can click on a craftable item in the recipe book and if you don't have enough materials for it - it will be outlined in red, but if you do have the mats it will take them automatically from your inventory "into" your crafting table

- narrator added - when turned on the narrator will speak out what is typed in chat

Recipe book so needed for new folks.... but for those of us who have been around w/o it, kinda feels cheezy to add it in

I downloaded the minimized version of the save for the Hermitcraft Season 5 world - tried the 5 GB full size save first but I could only manage 0-5 FPS on it so switched to the cropped 1.5 GB version. Admittedly even with the video settings minimized - I still stall out at 0-10 FPS from time to time :( .

Very interesting world of course - nice to see it "in person" instead of the video clips.

Here's the "Iron Titan" iron golem gathering area - much much more efficient than the botched version of it I built on the realms server:

2017-04-14_13.21.26.png

1.12 pre-release 1 released today - they expect a pre-release 2 to be issued early next week, but Xisumavoid predicts 1.12's full release is about 7-10 days away (so by May 19-20th perhaps).

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, godking said:

Recipe book so needed for new folks.... but for those of us who have been around w/o it, kinda feels cheezy to add it in

Actually they have changed the recipe book so that it now automatically takes the items needed (if you have them) from your inventory and you click to get more of them built (very useful for creating large numbers of items like stairs all at once or more complicated items like redstone repeaters and comparators).

Interesting and simple design for a little infinite stone generator - don't have any risk of getting obsidian but you have to turn it off or else it will keep producing stone (well simple when you figure out to put the smiley face part of the observer block facing the lava ;) ).

Well I think I underestimated the power of the @e  teleport command with command blocks :( .

I teleported the 2 farmer villagers plus a couple of other nearby villagers in my current 1.12 game to the iron farm ... along with several HUNDRED mobs and animals (thankfully it was the daytime so there wasn't many hostile mobs).

I killed the non-villager mobs eventually - took some time though ;) .

2017-06-11_20.13.43.png

This is the most unusual hanging rock formation I've seen in Minecraft so far - might be an interesting place to build a secondary base especially with 2 nearby villages ;).

In the same world, the second picture is my in-progress main base - I've built some of the smaller and mid-size machines for it such as a medium sized iron farm, a large auto filtered silo storage system, pumpkin and melon automatic farms, cooked chicken and feather farm, sugarcane farm, cobblestone generator and a pocket sized stone generator.

2017-07-01_14.21.26.png

2017-06-14_14.20.15.png

Forgot to mention that these pictures came from seed 274897941 - it is one of the "all biomes within 3000 squares of spawn" type of worlds - map shown below - the usual hanging rock formation is on the north part of the map left of center - SE of the -3072, -4608 coordinates - the yellow lines are the level 11 & nether tunnel system.

1.12-15 Tunnel Map.png

GK sent me the realms world save today - tested it out in 1.10.2 and 1.12.

As I expected, the teleport system and some of the machines don't work in 1.12 - but most of the fixes are easy and wouldn't take that long (couple of hours).

What I didn't expect was that the nether would be wiped clean in both patches so none of the portals to the nether work properly. They are still active but if you step through them they send you to a new created portal in the nether that is "workable" closest to the projected nether portal location which is usually quite a bit off from the actual projected location.

However that means that the nether tunnels/bridges, the gold/xp farm and the blaze farm are gone and would have to be rebuilt - and those will take some time to do even in creative mode.

Initially I couldn't switch to creative mode but I found a fix for that ;) .