Edited by Sharpe

More screenshots of spawn buildings:

Outside of Teleport Hall (large in-game map to the right):

2016-09-14_15.51.40.png

Inside of Teleport Hall - currently 23 of the 32 teleport areas active:

2016-09-14_15.52.33.png

Direct rail lines to core bases area plus ground iron farm behind it:

2016-09-14_15.53.44.png

Automatic cactus and automatic sugarcane farms (same design with a couple of differences):

2016-09-14_15.54.01.png

Item sorting area for the mass silo storage:

2016-09-14_15.54.28.png

Silo storage for the hostile mob item farm (I vastly overestimated how much storage was needed :( ):

2016-09-14_15.54.50.png

Level 200 viewing tower and the working mega iron farm behind it:

2016-09-14_15.56.30.png

Villager breeder generator and villager holding & transport area to its left:

2016-09-14_15.57.45.png

Mass Storage area (west side):

2016-09-14_16.18.47.png

Mass Storage area (east side):

2016-09-14_16.19.21.png

Edited by Sharpe

and some more pictures:

Hostile mob item farm on right:

2016-09-14_15.56.03.png

Automatic potato, beetroot, carrot and bread farms:

2016-09-14_15.56.54.png

Ink farm:

2016-09-14_15.58.46.png

Looking down from the new spawn area:

2016-09-14_15.59.38.png

Iron storage for mega iron farm on left, elevator for the other (not working) mega iron farm in center and level 120 nether portal to gold/xp farm on right all on the level 115/120 viewing platform (with hostile mob item farm in background on right):

2016-09-14_16.00.56.png

I had an idea this morning - could I use the "select destination" redstone and lever abilities I used on selecting specific rail routes from a choice of them as I did in the previous 2 MP worlds - but on a teleporter instead?

Turns out the answer is yes! Here is the build at my place.

2016-09-15_08.05.30.png

You select the destination you want to teleport to from the lever board - the teleporter turns on and you head to that destination. It is only a one-way teleporter admittedly (technically all the other ones are as well though). If multiple levers are selected it takes the most left one as your choice it seems.

Thanks for all the pictures Sharpe. I really wish I'd had more free time in my life to play more. But lack of game time and some other games just pulled me away. But I sure did have a good time on this server and in Minecraft in general. I hope at some point I can get back into the game. Maybe when LilNerd gets a bit older in a few years.

Thanks for all the pictures Sharpe. I really wish I'd had more free time in my life to play more. But lack of game time and some other games just pulled me away. But I sure did have a good time on this server and in Minecraft in general. I hope at some point I can get back into the game. Maybe when LilNerd gets a bit older in a few years.

If you have some time in the next 9-10 days (GK estimated the 26th would be the end date for the server), you can still explore the built-up areas if you wanted. The teleporter system makes travelling much easier. I suspect it would take around a hour total to travel to and explore the non-spawn built-up areas - with maybe an extra 30 minutes needed to explore the spawn area. When he was online a few weeks ago, Arnelos said something like that seeing the spawn area in-game was different than seeing it in pictures.

Just finished an underground tree area at the realms server spawn area (wanted to see how far down trees and what type of trees would grow underground):

2016-09-23_18.28.33.png

2016-09-23_18.28.30.png

Some details about the changes in 1.11 will be revealed at Minecon on Sunday Sept 25 at 11am-noon PST (2-3pm EST).

Some details about the changes in 1.11 will be revealed at Minecon on Sunday Sept 25 at 11am-noon PST (2-3pm EST).

Just watched the video from Minecon so here's the 1.11 (Exploration Update) features they showed:

- Adding Llamas - rideable mount - uses carpets as saddles - can carry chests like donkeys - spits and damages wolves (which run away from llamas) - if you attach a lead to them, a group of them might follow as a caravan

- Adding Woodland Mansion - end-game dungeon - contains 2 new enemy villager mobs - Evokers - who attack from range plus summons Vexes - flying creatures that attack you and phase through walls and floors it seems - and Vindicators - enemy villager mob that attacks you with an iron axe

- Adding Totems of Undying - drop of the evoker - consumed when you die, resurrects you and gives you some life - have to be equipped in main or offhand to work

- Adding Cartographer Villager - subset of a librarian (white coat) - sells ocean maps that show where an ocean monument is and woodland maps that show where woodland mansions are. If your "dot" location is really small it means the location is really far away

- Adding Skulker box - the skulker in the end will occasionally drop a skulker shell - 2 skulker shells plus a chest will make a skulker box - Skulker boxes can be broken down with items inside but the items remain inside and will still be there when you put the box down

- Adding End Island Portals - returns you to the main end island

- Adding Observer - acts a BUD timer supposedly.

- Adding /locate command in creative mode - allows you to find temples, monuments, strongholds and nether fortresses

First snapshot with these items will be out on Wed Sept 28 - and since 1.11 is essentially complete, it sounds like they expect a release for 1.11 fairly soon.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.11

Edited by Sharpe

I missed this months renewal notice. It got auto renewed I think. Not sure. My account isn't opening up right now - something on their end.

Might have a couple days left, might have a month. Just sayin'

Realm has now expired.

GK can you still get a download even with its expiration? If not it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice to have a physical template of all those machines ;).

I want to say a huge thanks to you GK for running this for us. I wish I had been able to take advantage of it more but really enjoyed my time on it and loved to see just how much Sharpe was up to. I really appreciate it! :b:

Yes, thanks GK for running the server for so long - even after you weren't playing, I really enjoyed trying to figure out how to build those various machines - and thankfully between the materials buildup and you giving me the ability to switch to creative mode made it possible.

Tried playing some new worlds on single player - but it is difficult starting out with no materials - sigh - after being used to the huge surpluses and infrastructure in the realm world ;).

Edited by Sharpe

Tried the new snapshot patch today, here are some pictures:

New green villager (no profession or trading with it):

2016-09-28_16.48.22.png

Llamas!

2016-09-28_17.04.01.png

Well the current snapshot turns out to be nearly unplayable due to the fact that when you put a coal in a furnace, the game crashes 100% of the time :( .

From minecraftforum:

If you nametag a vindicator (those with the axes) "Johnny," he will go on a rampage, attacking and killing every single mob on sight (unfortunately not other illagers, but still the vexes). "Here's Johnny!" indeed. That's hilarious! :D

From minecraftforum:

If you nametag a vindicator (those with the axes) "Johnny," he will go on a rampage, attacking and killing every single mob on sight (unfortunately not other illagers, but still the vexes). "Here's Johnny!" indeed. That's hilarious! :D

:lol: That's great!

They significantly increased the damage output of the new vindicator mob (the one with the iron axe) in a recent snapshot update - now it will kill you even in diamond armor in as little as 3 hits (it also disables your shield for a little while with each attack supposedly).

Found a very rare natural pink sheep in my new snapshot game (0.164% chance of spawning - compared to 5% for dark sheep and 3% for brown sheep):

2016-10-22_17.21.15.png

Got another interesting new 1.11 snapshot start - seed -6431 5824 6261 3485 082

You start in a jungle near the edge but nearby (like within 100 squares) are desert, savannah, extreme hills, plains, roofed forest and forest. Plus taiga, flower forest and swampland aren't that far away. Also plenty of sheep, pigs, llamas and chickens in the hills nearby (and rabbits in the desert).

one of these days I have to remember to send you that save....

This map may look familiar (or not):

1.11 version of seed 6344271987276113296.png

I think this is a map of the 1.11 version of the first WPC MP game world (that is the jungle treehouse spawn world) (assuming I got the seed number correct). Changed a bit from the version we played - hasn't it?

1.11 updates have reached their pre-release snapshots it seems. Usually means 1.11's full release is anywhere from 3-15 days away.