godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

Regarding the possible ender dragon fight - how does Thursday Aug 25 OR Saturday Aug 27 starting at 8pm sound for those that are interested?

Also, if you ever wanted to get far away in Minecraft - now you can - new portal to desert location available:

2016-08-23_23.45.59.png

There are 2 villages within 100 squares each and a jungle biome starting only a little further than that. NW of the jungle there is a GIGANTIC cold area including a couple of ice spikes plains.

The catch: no level 11 tunnels or nether tunnels within 33000 squares of this teleport location ;).

And a funny picture: I'm not sure but I think this igloo doesn't have a basement ;) ...

2016-08-21_18.40.14.png

Edited by Sharpe

wWorked on getting more emeralds to get more enchanted books especially infinity and power IV.

Brewed 54 potions of healing II in preparation for the eventual ender dragon fight (or for general use).

With all of that brewing needed, I had to expand the brewing hut at spawn. Unfortunately, by my reckoning, that only leaves the non-automated food garden as the only thing not changed at spawn during the past 3 months :scared: .

Edit: Realized I hadn't posted a picture of spawn in the past 2 weeks - mostly the expansion to the brewing hut, 2nd floor added to the teleport hall and completion of the silo storage for the hostile mob item farm (though admittedly it looks ugly like this right now) has been done since the last picture I think:

2016-08-24_23.28.14.png

2016-08-24_23.29.15.png

Photos of the pig farm early in construction (walled village is nearby):

2016-08-24_23.47.39.png

and mid-construction of the cow farm in the attached thumbnail:

Also realized that I have changed the food garden a bit recently - added to the capacity to grow wheat and beetroot by reducing the amount of water in some rows.

2016-08-24_23.48.04.png

Edited by Sharpe

Completed the large scale cow farm - its the same one as in my place - but this one actually works unlike my first attempt. Design, tutorial and link for world download on Tango Tek's youtube page.

Has about 80-90 cows I think on the dispensers so should provide a decent amount of leather and steak.

2016-08-25_23.04.53.png

Interesting things I've found regarding horses after using them for a bit that I didn't have a clue about earlier:

Tunnels don't have to necessarily be 3 high 2 wide - they can be 2 wide and 2 high on one and 3 high on the other.

You can ride over rails now, that wasn't the case a couple of patches ago.

You can pick up stuff on the ground, eat and mine while sitting on a horse.

They are decently fast almost as fast as a powered railed system - but without the "afk-ness" the railroad can offer.

You really need to have at least 4 high gap above stairs as the horses jump otherwise puts you in the ceiling (and does damage to you) otherwise.

They aren't very good for riding in forests and terrible in swamps - better than expected in extreme hills and of course excel in plains and most savannas and deserts.

Started working on a map for areas in the level 11 tunnels where you can ride horses - fair bit in the west so far, not much elsewhere so far - though there are gaps where you can and can't elsewhere than the west.

Semi-automated pig farm completed. You still have to feed them to breed and to press the button to kill them. Only provides cooked pork chops - not raw.

This design is from MrCrayfish's youtube pages:

It is relatively close to the pig farm teleporter arrival from spawn and it is about 2000 squares west of spawn (whereas the cow farm is about 2000 squares east of spawn ;) ).

2016-08-26_10.56.56.png

Edit: Warning ! If you approach within 10 squares of a skeleton horse that hasn't spawned a skeleton horseman already on it - it will spawn a set of 4 skeleton horsemen - regardless of the weather (it was sunny when I approached it). The fight actually really wasn't that bad - I only took 3 hearts damage because fortunately two of the skeletons started attacking each other ;) .

Edited by Sharpe

Started building a 1-hit kill wither skeleton farm - but have stopped building it for now as I already got 3 skulls for a wither summon surprisingly - guess a looting 3 sword does help (according to the wiki anyway - chance of skull on a kill is normally 2.5%, but each looting level increases that by 1% - so looting 3 has a 5.5% chance :D ).

Edit: Also built an elevator most of the way from the "ground" (level 128) to the afk spot for the gold/xp farm in the nether. Had to leave 20 or so levels of climbing a ladder due to space needed for the redstone mechanisms of the farm. There is also a separate ladder from level 128 to the top if people don't want to use the elevator.

Edited by Sharpe

After Labor Day, I will have to ease off gaming in general due to the new contract. So I will likely back away from Minecraft after this weekend - get some other stuff and other games done ;).

Unfortunately these builds that I thought about constructing will have to remain incomplete or not built:

Semi-Automated Sheep farm - for mutton and wool

Semi-Automated Sheep sheerer - for wool

Flower/Dye Farms

Completion of the wither skeleton farm

Semi-Automated rabbit farm

AFK Tree Farm (would have required a change to the existing skeleton farm getting rid of its xp component

Witch Farm

Another attempt at another mega iron farm or attempt to fix the existing one so that it works

Attempt to fix the 2-button automated wheat farm

Attempt to fix the beetroot farm

Edited by Sharpe

Server will be shut down in about 3 weeks. I will save the save, and assuming it is possible I will share it with those who want a copy.

2016-08-29_16.04.13.png

This is an insomnia driven project started early this morning - so far the build is going well - starting to do the doors on the 2nd level (VERY tedious to place doors - even Tango Tek the creator of this design repeatedly mentions that - I find stage 1 the worst - having to wait for 6 seconds after placing a door to destroy the previous one - then repeating that process 7 times for each of the 32 doors in a row :( ).

So far iron golems are appearing in the right spots, hope that continues when the 2nd level is done :) .

Edited by Sharpe

The Iron Titan - a mega iron farm - completed. Designed by Tango Tek - tutorial in the link below (also there is a link 1.9 fix in the video's description section):

I'm not sure it will be anywhere near as effective as it lists in the video, due to possible construction errors on my part, but it should be much faster than its ground counterpart. The ground one is at 62 stacks of iron after over 20 days of operation, while this new one is already at 5 1/2 stacks in a few hours within completion. Still trying to find the best afking spot to maximize iron output for future reference in future worlds (or a renewal of this one in a future patch or two perhaps?).

Still need to figure out how to keep enough materials in the dispenser along with poppies to send into the nether (and to be a less useful choice than Tango's suggestion of iron ingots). Also to figure out a way to dispose of them in the nether - the level 120 portal in the nether had a pile of dirt block stacks floating around when I passed by it lol. Given the large surplus of them at spawn, I wonder if I can send carrots through the dispenser ;).

Edited by Sharpe

Still testing the Iron Titan mega iron farm on the realms server.

I think I'm correct in my suspicion that it producing anywhere near the amount of iron the video lists per hour - probably due to some mistake in construction I've made or patch changes that has affected it (more likely the former).

But it is still very fast. In the past 3 weeks, the ground iron farm has produced about 65 stacks of iron in total. In comparison, in just over half a day of operation, the mega iron farm has produced almost 20 stacks of iron - about 10 times faster per day.

The one downside to it is the need for "fuel" - it needs to eject items into the nether at a ridiculous rate. If it was operating at the rate the video described, the poppies dropped by the golems would be enough items to meet the "fuel" requirements.

However, even when I collect the items ejected into the nether via hoppers, and bring them back to recycle into the system - it still isn't enough "fuel".

I've started to look into automated item transportation via minecart with chests in them on youtube - thought about bringing some of the surplus carrots from overproducing carrot farm to use as "fuel" to eject into the nether - but haven't made any solid results so far.

Of course, I'm just doing this for possible future reference as there isn't much of a need with the server shutdown - I'm just curious by nature and like solving puzzles hehe.

i have a minecraft server that i am really not using. i can try to put a copy of save file or it can be started over.

Edited by daletohmas15
spell check�

Shutdown is because it is a server for 1 person costing me $12 a month as I am on the monthly plan right now.

If there is interest in the server, I am happy to keep it up. But would really want a couple of folks .....

It is a shame that Mojang couldn't set up a cooperative payment system for realms servers - I probably could afford $3 a month but not $10-12 - if you have several people paying for a server you can achieve that amount sigh. I've looked into a cheaper version of something like Patreon, but it would likely still charge too much of a fee to be worth it :( .

I will not be able to game as much after Labor Day - and right now especially with my recent insomnia (hopefully the change in medication helps), my Minecraft hours are probably at least triple the other people combined.

Edited by Sharpe

Made an automatic minecart transportation system for items.

It automatically loads any items (preferably the same item) from a chest via hoppers into a minecart with chest which when it is fully loaded (or the source chest is empty) automatically starts up and moves to the destination chest and automatically unloads the chest into it. No buttons or levers needed just rails and power rails and the setup at either end.

Used this video to make the loader part:

And this video to make the unloader part:

I used them to move the slimeballs from their level 11 farm chest up to the top of the silo storage at level 63ish and unloaded them into the designated storage silo for the slimeballs.

I might be able to recycle the poppies for the mega iron farm - solving my "fuel" problem using a modified version of this - but if that fails, I should be able to transport a large amount of carrots to use as "fuel" for the mega iron farm instead :) and shoot them into lava to destroy them there.

Edit: Also I fixed up the gold/XP farm storage system - should be better organized for longer stays now with its silo storage and item filters - still have a potential problem with the golden swords eventually...

Edited by Sharpe

Got a separate item transportation system running from the carrot farm storage to the dispenser (via a storage double chest) which ejects items into the nether portal as "fuel" for the mega iron farm.

I might work on an afk tree farm near the skeleton farm this weekend after the poppy diversion and carrot disposal for the mega iron farm is done.

Edited by Sharpe

Working on Tango Tek's AFK tree farm - I'm about 30-40% complete by my reckoning.

The afk skeleton farm / afk tree farm complex has a rather confusing layout - definitely going to need to work on that via signs and better placed hallways. It is located roughly halfway between my base and Dalet's base. Can't miss one of the main entrance from the overworld surface - it has a giant cobblestone pillar nearby ;).

2016-09-03_11.14.06.png

Well I got the AFK tree farm done - then I forgot I was in creative mode when testing and had flooding which removed some key redstone that I can't seem to get working again without going back ripping out a lot of work and starting partly over - so not high on my priority list of things to do :(.

Updated (and perhaps final) nether tunnel/teleport map with some small changes:

Server World Nether tunnel map with teleports small size update41.10.png

Counted the iron in the iron farms yesterday.

Ground Iron Farm: 79 stacks of iron ingots

Mega Iron Farm: 63 stacks of iron ingots

So total iron at the two iron farms is just over 9000 iron ingots now :D. The mega iron farm turns out to be only 4 times faster than the ground iron farm - nowhere near what the video said - but 4 times is still much faster ... and it is free iron hehe .

Been taking my frustration out on mining on the realms server recently. If you're curious, here was my long-term tunnelling plans in blue along with the current map of tunnels/nether tunnels in yellow.

Planned Server World Nether tunnel map with teleports.png

So I asked GK when the realms server expires - and he said based on last month it will end on September 26th.

Since we have (last I checked) 27 stacks of gunpowder from the hostile mob silo storage - which would make nearly 350 TNT, I will probably use at least half of them to blow up an isolated mountain near the last day ;).

I think this is really the final map update as I'm bored of tunneling ;).

Planned Server World Nether tunnel map with teleports.png

Iron count :

88 22/64 iron stacks in ground iron farm

86 28/64 iron stacks in mega iron farm

Total iron 154 50/64 stacks or 11,186 iron ingots

Other item amounts at spawn storage chests:

Cobblestone 717 stacks or 45,900

Dirt 419 stacks or 26,800

Stone 236 stacks or 15,100

Diorite 138 stacks or 8,800

Andesite 162 stacks or 10,300

Granite 156 stacks or 10,000