godking

Minecraft Realms Server

435 posts in this topic

When I was moving items from the chests near the various nether portals back to spawn - I found that the teleporters to Crystal's and BD's Village really helped speed up the time to the nearby areas by a lot. So I've started to set up more of them:

Added teleporters to Arnelos's area, GK's island, the NW Ice Plains Spikes and the southern Mushroom Island and from those locations back to spawn.

Haven't gotten around to doing the ones to WPC Dale's/Horse Ranch, Dalet's or my place yet.

Still looking for appropriate jungle, mesa and megataiga areas to put a teleport to (and maybe a desert location). The area I've cleared out at spawn probably has room for at least 10 more teleporters aside from the current 9 that are set up already.

Debating whether to add a teleport to near the active end portal (not that the 3-4 of us that are occasionally playing can fight the ender dragon I suspect).

Spawn iron farm is acting up again - right now I'm too fed up with the situation to again get rid of the 4-5 iron golems currently in the villager area even though I have a bucket of lava nearby :( ....

Edited by Sharpe

Completed 8 1/2 of the 9 teleporters at the spawn - and their respective teleporters back to spawn - except for the teleport to TheDale's area/Horse ranch from the spawn - Dalet came on when I was about to work on it ;) but I was also running out of lunchtime for it anyhow.

Made some more additions to the spawn - started a hostile mob item farm - very early in development - way up in the air above the hills south of the spawn.

Also added an elevator to reach the level 115 spawn viewing platform from the ground with a staircase to the level 120 nether portal platform.

Also had finished off the last of the 9 teleporter systems.

Edited by Sharpe

Did some exploration in the southwest area today - specifically the area within the black lines. The triangle area in the north is about where the nether portal surface exit I arrived at was located.

1.10 exploration 2.png

Found 11 villages (some of them oddly built):

2016-07-23_13.42.40.png

At least 4 desert temples and 4 igloos (unfortunately only one floor igloos):

2016-07-23_14.08.46.png

Also found a fair amount of polar bears without really looking for them:

2016-07-23_14.16.52.png

Also found a polar bear with cubs but kept my distance to avoid aggroing them:

2016-07-23_14.06.31.png

The whole area seems to be updated to 1.10 as I found the new type of savannah villages with the acacia wood and the surface mineshafts with the dark iron supports, as well as the polar bears of course ;) .

2016-07-23_14.07.42.png

Edited by Sharpe

Turns out that I was wrong about the igloos I found. The access to the "basement" is hidden under the carpets with a trap door leading down a ladder 30-40 squares to a room with a brewer, a chest, a priest villager trapped behind iron bars and a zombie priest also trapped behind iron bars. However, the brewer contains a potion of weakness in it and the chest contains a golden apple so you can immediately restore the zombie to being a villager.

With that in mind I eventually wound up at the first igloo and found the basement - haven't cured the zombie though.

2016-07-24_12.16.33.png

After spending overnight at the igloo, ran into my first two strays (skeletons that shoot slowing arrows) and got a slowing arrow out of killing one of them (that they were on fire from daylight helped of course ;) ). Still haven't run into the new husk zombies in the desert though I did make sure that I slept early when I was travelling in the desert so that probably lessened the chance of one spawning.

2016-07-24_12.17.25.png

I have extended the level 11 tunnel at -4000x down from +1600z in the mesa down to +3100z - right near the first igloo. Will get to extending that nether tunnel and putting nether portals later, though I am thinking about another teleport to -4100x, +2100z in the mesa as it is within 200 squares of 2 surface mineshafts and would provide easy access to a updated 1.10 mesa.

Updated nether tunnel and overworld raillines main map (missing parts of the western and northern nether raillines) for server:

Server World Nether tunnel map with teleports smaller size1.10.png

Map has been resized - shrunk by about 50% to be able to upload it onto here.

Red line are the overworld raillines, yellow lines are the nether tunnel raillines.

Blue circles with white in the middle are places (mostly bases) with teleporters to spawn and back (or spawn itself since the house icon is hard to see).

Black rectangles are bases or walled villages without teleporters.

Red dots are my goofups ;).

Edited by Sharpe

Hostile mob item farm (design from Mumbo Jumbo's youtube channel -

) nearing completion - still need to add a roof, remove the torches inside, remove the soil scaffolding and activate the hopper timer:

2016-07-26_14.17.21.png

Though I put it high up in the air (starts at level 150 with the hopper collection platform at level 115 - hope that the water dispensers don't freeze up that high :( ) to avoid lag as much as possible, there may be lag involved with that many mobs - supposed to be up to 13,000 drops per hour when someone is in range - so I'll see if I need to shutdown any of the 5 mob platforms or not to reduce lag.

Hopefully will supply a steady amount of gunpowder, bones, arrows, spider eyes, string, rotten meat and some other items.

Edited by Sharpe

Smaller picture of how most of spawn currently looks like - the hostile mob item farm doesn't show up in the 1st picture for some reason):

Small Spawn pic 072816.png

2016-07-28_09.43.29.png

2016-07-28_09.43.57.png

Edited by Sharpe

Spawn area looks like a metropolis now - after starting as a monster-infested dark forest valley

Well you did say - a day after the server started ;) :

Eventually, I figure a large portion of that 'hidden valley' starting area could get filled by animal pens, crop fields, tree farms, a storage warehouse, a secured & cordoned nether portal, and a train terminal. We can use it as the central hub for food & other supplies as well as a transportation hub with connections radiating out to the other areas.

With that sort of "home base" secure, we could then each easily head off in our own directions, yet still have that secure base to fall back on.

It certainly is well on its way to being a central hub with nearly everything you listed - though I don't dare put any animal pens here - as that would shoot up the lag significantly.

Edited by Sharpe

I built a small iron farm about 100 squares away from the villager breeder (and about the same from spawn) as a stop-gap measure due to the spawn iron farm not working properly.

It is slower (at least I'm assuming it is slower with 14 villagers compared to the spawn's farm 40ish villagers - maybe 30 iron per hour when someone is in range - but doesn't have the iron golem in the villager area problem that the spawn iron farm has or the zombie raids that the iron farm at my place has. It is based on NimsTV's design

2016-07-30_13.26.39.png

Also first for everything it seems: Dalet called out "No one sleep - doing shaders" - never been asked NOT to sleep to keep it nighttime before now :lol: .

Edited by Sharpe

Working on a mega iron farm project at the spawn. But I'm having to do it in creative mode when no one else is on because it is impossible for me to build otherwise at around level 200 (well maybe it is possible but it would take 4-5 times as long too).

Even in creative mode it will take a long time still to finish (website video says 75 minutes to complete but I think it will be at least 3-5 times that or more for me) - I've got the iron golem spawn area done and the villages done - but still have the very complicated redstone to do.

Hope it works as the current iron farms give 30-70 iron ingots per hour whereas this one could give up to 50 iron ingots per minute.

Have run into a snag on the mega iron farm construction halfway through the redstone - still trying to tie things together matching the video with the world download I have.

Did some exploration in the northeast to take a break from it - found a new taiga village in the northeast:

2016-08-03_13.06.49.png

Also found the stronghold at +8048x , -1840z and a swampland area with 4 witch huts in it (admittedly the distance between all 4 is 1000 squares by 400 - but 3 of them are "only" 550 squares by 400 instead ;).

Map of NE exploration mentioned in the last post:

NE Exploration.png

Updated Tunnel/Nether tunnel/Teleport Map:

Server World Nether tunnel map with teleports smaller size updated1.10.png

In-game max zoomed-out map (2048*2048 squares) - goes from -64 to 1984 for both x and z coordinates:

2016-08-05_06.23.04.png

This is what I could get only by travelling along the raillines and level 11 tunnels and popping up at the surface points of the level 11 tunnels.

Spawn Teleport Hall - still under construction - any suggestions for what type of floor I should use - I can't decide :( ...

2016-08-05_07.34.41.png

Edited by Sharpe

First suggestion gets it - plus it matches the nearby spawn cabin ;)

Anyone want a large flat piece of land? Currently flattened portion is about 68*103 squares but nearby small hills in the plains can be easily flattened to make more if you wanted.

It is about 700 squares west of my base - already has a building on it - plus lots of sheep and pigs - with nearby cows on the mountain, variety of rabbits and a single white horse. Also has a nether portal access, plus a teleporter access.

I was planning on using it for the automated sheep farms, but I realized that there are only white sheep nearby. If no one wants it, I might turn it into a rabbit farm since there are at least 3 types of rabbits I've seen so far.

2016-08-07_11.40.34.png

2016-08-07_12.36.48.png

Spawn Teleport Hall essentially completed now.

There are 11 active teleports and room for 7 more on the first floor. My current idea is to link up to the quad witch hut swampland location, a jungle location (preferably with cats nearby), a desert location, a sheep farm, pig farm, cow farm and rabbit farm locations for the 7 remaining teleport locations on the 1st floor.

Think we can expand onto the 2nd or more floors if needed.

Edited by Sharpe

I completed the mega iron farm a couple of days ago - but it seemed anything like a "mega" farm - the iron was coming in slower than the newly reorganized ground spawn iron farm.

Until I visited it this morning - suddenly I see 3-4 iron golems in the lava at once :D - Hope this trend continues!

Picture of the spawn in the sky structures:

2016-08-09_10.10.35.png

and updated spawn picture:

2016-08-09_10.10.44.png

Edit: Then as suddenly as it started going like crazy - it then slowed again. But it gave 3 1/2 stacks of iron before it did ...

Edited by Sharpe

Spawn area looks like a metropolis now - after starting as a monster-infested dark forest valley

This is how it looked originally actually in comparison to how it currently looks ;) (lots of dark oak trees but also some plains):

How Spawn originally looked like.png

2016-08-09_10.10.44.png

The level 200ish "mega" iron farm has shutdown for some reason - hope my current fix works - was up to around 13 stacks of iron in chests when it stopped. The storage chests for it can be reached at level 120 via the elevator to level 115.

The ground iron farm's latest fix seems to have solved the "iron-golem-in-villager-area" problem - it is up to almost 9 stacks of iron in chests when I last checked.

Did an elevator (or 2 :( ) up to the level 200ish iron farm - takes a while to get up there though as it is a 130 square trip - unlike the elevator to the level 115 viewing platform which is a mere 40ish squares ;).

I moved the world spawn from its former location as it was stuck between a couple of machines plus I wanted to get the newly flattened area in the north into the spawn chunks (hopefully). So it has been moved 60 squares further north.

You spawn either at the top of the mountain or in the cave I dugout below - tested it 10-12 times already with those results. There is a glass path at the top of the mountain to the level 115 viewing platform and can use the level 120 elevator to get down to the ground. The cave has a path back to the former spawn area.

Here is a picture of the new spawn glass "building":

2016-08-10_14.10.10.png

Got onto the "roof" of the nether - past the bedrock ceiling. Yes I cheated in creative to get past the bedrock - though it is possible to go through it in survival - just more time consuming and dangerous :). Now have a staircase up to it from the level 120 portal - will see if I can make a level 128 portal or not (heard it might not be possible in 1.10 for some reason).

Plan to work on a major project up there when I get the materials gathered for it :D.

Mega Gold / XP Farm - the Donut 2 design created by Snocrash - construction in progress at the top of the nether:

2016-08-12_10.27.23.png

Edit: Didn't notice it at the time, but the server date had rolled over back to 0 - as it is listed as "Day 10" here lol - really is something like day 6600+ I think.

Edited by Sharpe

Completed the hostile mob item farm - but after testing it I stopped the operation of the farm because there is 2 problems with it right now:

There is a water overflow problem at the far end - shouldn't technically matter as the mobs will still die when they hit the ground unless they land in the water however, the overflow might wash away stuff on the ground. Stlll not sure why it is happening.

I underestimated the amount of specific items by a few as I forgot that witches would spawn in this farm too (and they have a variety of drops including glowstone, redstone and a couple types of potions). Plus bow drops are a problem for the storage as they don't stack like the other items (guess I might be making a lot of dispensers if I run out of storage for bows ;) ).

2016-08-13_11.16.09.png

Also completed the building portion of the donut mega gold/XP farm - still have the redstone portion and other stuff to work on it - probably only 50% done so far at most.

2016-08-13_11.18.50.png

Edited by Sharpe

Got the hostile mob farm problems solved, so it is working again.

Tested it by standing at the afk platform (currently only accessible via the elevator near the south mountains or the ladder in the south mountains) for around 10 minutes and got:

5 spider eyes

41 string

63 gunpowder

27 rotten flesh

30 bones

23 arrows plus 1 bow

Oddly there was no witch stuff - so I wonder if the witch stuff item filter(s) need tweaking.

And this is without knowing if the afk platform is even in the optimal position yet or not ;)

Edit: solved the witch stuff problem - turns out that silo storage doesn't need any item filter - once I removed it, the stuff came down into the chests: 2 glass bottles, 2 redstone and 2 glowstone.

To prevent item overflow in the carrot farm storage (it only has around 150 stacks of storage left :( ), I've untilled half of the carrot plots. To those that think that is a lot of storage left - there are currently over 1800 stacks of carrots currently stored in the storage silo.

Double Edit: Except for spider eyes (forgot how rare a drop they are), a lot of items are up to 5-8 stacks of drops now - even with me being nowhere near the afk platform - not sure what is happening - I might actually need to install a "light switch" to stop mobs from spawning :lol: (admittedly would be a long time from now as I have 7 silos of 21 double chests each for storage plus I can expand further up if necessary).

Edited by Sharpe