Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lancer

"Nanny Say"

9 posts in this topic

When 'Nanny Say' its rarely popular with the kiddos, yet without question it is done. When tatay say there are endless issues, recriminations, doubt, contradictory facts, and just downright revolutionary sentiment and civil unrest. This civil war within the family does not happen if I add "Nanay Say" which I never do if Nanay no say, of course. :scared:

Can you explain this dichotomy in the family because I'm at a complete loss. Btw was dichotomy the right word?

Thanks,

Lost in the Philippines

Our kids not listening to me (Tatay), but toeing the line with my wife (Nanay). I was wondering why that is. I thought that was clear enough. :)

Probably because they recognize that you are a big softie at heart.

Tend to be a pushover, that's certain.

Dang, Abby is making baby powder soup, a mess has resulted of course. :D

Our kids not listening to me (Tatay), but toeing the line with my wife (Nanay). I was wondering why that is. I thought that was clear enough. :)

I see now. I had no idea what 'tatay' meant, and could only hazard a guess as to what 'nanay' meant. When in combination with the apparent creole phrasing of "Nanay say" (rather than the more English "Nanay says/said"), I was lost.

So I let Abby have 2 'Timmy Time' videos and its gets to be 10PM, sleep time for the monster. I tell her tomorrow, Sunday, she can watch 2 more Timmy Time plus I will give her a piece of chocolate if she will go to sleep and be good but...no. No traditional kiss for Tatay, zip. Ah well, its a kid's world. Besides that, yeesh, what a day. Had to cut my excellent laborer down to 1 day a week and my incredibly good carpenter, Fidel, the same. The carpenter does astonishingly good work, a real talent. A guy with a 4th grade education who might be an astronaut if born in the right place. Great soul, smarter and more serious than most. So I cut him to one day, like laying off Michelangelo, I feel unworthy to have ever employed him to begin with. Did I mention his wife is 7 months pregnant? So I'll likely back off my position and use him Friday a n d Saturday for as long as I can. Not the 6 days a week he was working but better than one. That will hurt the wallet, but hurt good. My bro in law is down to 3 days. Lovely. You should see his project the pizza oven these days, wonderful. Btw, feed your family on this...:(

When we open our bar Fidel be one of the bartenders, maybe get Friday, see if its even busy. Pizza oven isn't ready so we'll see.

Anyway a bad day. One good thing is Zkrib dropped by and we spent a pleasant visit. Otherwise, **** would be a kind word. A four star day, ****. I'm glad for Abby's fun little problems, she brightens all our days.

Last thing tonight I went up to see Auggy. I should have gone up this morning. His cough is back in force, as well as his fever. The gals were supposed to be on it. So I gave him kids antibiotic syrup and will look in AM to check his progress.

I don't dare shut my eyes or a meteor will strike while I'm not looking. Damn. Still, nice to have a well stocked bar at the end of a day like this. :)

Edited by Lancer