BigDork

So...

64 posts in this topic

not really. Might try it out when there is an expansion pack or two... but til then....

The AI is just not that good, and the difficulty levels just unbalance things against you so you are always swimming uphill while walking against the current. ;)

50% off on Steam but not sure I'm that bothered at the moment. Probably wait to see what the first expansion does.

Too much other stuff to play. Offworld trading company and skylines.

I still occasionally play it. I'm actually hoping to find people to play a pitboss or pbem game with - I think it would be fun.

But I'm admittedly not playing it as much over the past month or two as before.

50% off on Steam but not sure I'm that bothered at the moment. Probably wait to see what the first expansion does.

That's kind of my take. Much like Civ 5, the expansions will probably add a lot that improves the game in significant ways. I may wait until that time so I have one excellent experience instead of an okay one that improves over time.

That's kind of my take. Much like Civ 5, the expansions will probably add a lot that improves the game in significant ways. I may wait until that time so I have one excellent experience instead of an okay one that improves over time.

:b:

Any of you guys still playing this?

I am. Not as much, and I still can't get interested to play much past the mid-game.

I may wait until that time so I have one excellent experience instead of an okay one that improves over time.

I think that makes perfect sense. There are rumors of a 2.0 overhaul, so I'd recommend giving a looksee at that time, and see if the game has truly improved.

D

Thanks D. I'll keep a look out for that and probably ask you guys after the launch if it's worth getting in at that point.

Yep, still play it. Looking more to interesting mods then I ever did for CiV though.

Found any genuinely interesting mods? I've glanced over what's out there, but nothing really piqued my interest last I looked (a few months ago).

Not really. Atm I'm just using a cosmetic one changing the color palette to a snowy landscape in combination with the fungal forests. The author replaced the lush set with it. Fits well when playing with the taigan mapscript, or the freebie ice mapscript released for those registering with My2K.

At some point I'll likely use Ryika's mod fixing the Quest bugs.

Found any interesting MP play out there yet? Despite the balance issues with this game, I think a relatively friendly set of MP matches would be rather interesting. They'd need to be relatively friendly because of the sheer opportunity for exploitation of imbalances, but I find myself interested in both seeing how different strategies/choices stack up against each other as well as the possibility of an RP game.

It's far from a perfect game, but I think it has a lot of potential and I'd be interested to see how it really plays in MP.

I only dipped in hotseat multiplayer. And my 'opponent' only bought the game for himself last month, so don't know.