Nikolai

Firaxicon

17 posts in this topic

During tonight's live stream, Firaxis announced Firaxicon, their new convention held this September!

FAQ and tickets can be found on this site.

Quote:

Join us for the First Ever Firaxicon!

The first official Firaxicon takes place September 27th, 2014 in Hunt Valley, Maryland - home of Firaxis Games and legendary designer Sid Meier, creators of the Civilization series, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Pirates!, Railroads and many more of your favorite games.

At this official fan event, brought to you by Firaxis Games and 2K, you'll be able to:

• Meet, greet and game with members of the Firaxis Games team!
  • Enjoy 'An Evening with Sid Meier' featuring an exclusive presentation by Sid
  • Play Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth almost a month before release!
  • Sign-up for the first ever XCOM: EU Invitational Tournament for a chance to win THE GOLDEN MUTON
  • Tour the Firaxis Games office, and meet their friendly Mechtoid
  • Enjoy hours of panels, presentations and more - all focused on Firaxis Games
  • Play boardgames against (and with!) Firaxis Games’ designers
  • Get unique Firaxicon swag, just for attending
  • Get access to Firaxis Games merchandise
  • ... and much more!

Say YES to 'One More Turn' and join us this September in Hunt Valley!

Get your ticket today!

Firaxicon is a ticketed event, with tickets costing $40 (no additional ticketing fees are charged). Tickets are only available online here, at Eventbrite.

Your ticket includes:

• Entry to Firaxicon, including all events* (participation may be limited in tournaments)
  • Dinner and drinks at the Firaxis Feast, with Firaxis Games developers on Saturday night
  • Exclusive Firaxicon swag

* Events are subject to change without notice, although we’ll try as hard as possible to ensure they’re as advertised.

Tickets must be purchased in advance and will not be available at the door. Because of venue restrictions, tickets are strictly limited in number - so to ensure your place at Firaxicon, book your ticket now!

Looking for a hotel room at the venue? Read on for details on a reduced room rate!

OK, booked! Looking forward to this! :b:

So who else from WPC will be there?

D

There's never anything for Australia.

OK, booked! Looking forward to this! :b:

So who else from WPC will be there?

D

Too far away and expensive...

So will there be a live videochat feed going? I think that would be neat to be able to see and talk to other people in the greater Civ/ AC fandom.

D

There's never anything for Australia.

There's never anything for Fiji.

Hunt Valley, Maryland is so close that I hardly have any excuse not to go... were it not for the timing. Assuming I can get off from work at that time of year, I'll likely be there.

Hunt Valley, Maryland is so close that I hardly have any excuse not to go... were it not for the timing. Assuming I can get off from work at that time of year, I'll likely be there.

It's next month... on a Saturday... ;)

I'll probably be in the area 2 years from now. :(

It's next month... on a Saturday... ;)

Alas, September-October is the crunch time in my line of work. Hopefully, I won't be working Saturdays in September, but I can't count on it.

If I'm free that Saturday, though, I'd definitely like to be there!

This is the hotel room booking website. Notice anything wrong? :lol:

Notice anything wrong.jpg

I'm going to guess that they mean you can reserve the final day of the conference by the final day, but it's amusing the way they display it... reserve by Sept 28 for Sept 26, heh.

Think of it as a sort of credit card payment? :cute:

Did this already sell out? When I look on the website, it notes it as "sold out". Is there still a way to go, in case I get confirmation from my employer that I'm not working that Saturday?

It's sold out.

So just out of curiosity how many spots were there (i.e. how many people are attending?)? Also, is there going to be an agenda? It'd be neat to know what our options are during the day, if there are events running concurrently.

D

They said on twitter it was sold out, but to keep an eye out, because they might announce that extra tickets would be sold.

I haven't seen an agenda yet.