Nikolai

Things that make you go "huh?"

110 posts in this topic

This is a thread for things that make you go :huh:.

Example from just now:

The british have no shame. So I turned on the tv, a british program was on. A woman had problems with her health. Experts on tv gave advice. They showed big screen pictures of her vagina, on national tv!:huh:

What has you seen or heard lately that makes you go :huh: ?

Boy George and almost everything since.

the only way to play civ 4 mp is now via LAN and a VPN that and its snowing in Dales Garden :/

America and its attitude to guns - there was a documentary recently about how many children are bought guns by parents but I get the TV doctor thing as well - I'm too embarrassed to see my doctor so I'll go on national TV. Really?

We needed some epsom salt. Lancer did an online search and found one (1) drugstore which said they had it. When we stopped in, it wasn't in stock. They could order it. They told Lancer it would take six weeks to arrive and would cost $100. :faint: He replied: :hide:

I told him I'd try eBay Philippines. I found 2 pounds (0.9 kilos) for less than P300 ($6). It's being shipped from Manila, and I'm guessing will take a week to get here.

That makes me go :huh:

We're planning a feast in your honor Zkrib. :unworthy:

USA Shake and Bake chicken, stuffing, potato salad, and those Mexican things you like, think we have some left. :yummy:

Been a double barrel load of drama around here since yesterday with Augustine being a boy, a possible ghost, the ladies having a bunch of not ghost associated drama, its been an interesting couple of days. Might have to let someone go in a few days if the drama starts up again. For the moment however, we have peace. :relief:

Edited by Lancer

One of the neighbors got drunk last night. He went out a planted a sapling out near the low-tide line of my property. So, now there a tree out there. It's only a matter of time until the salt water kills it. I'm hoping he'll sober up and come take his tree back.

The tree has disappeared. According to Irish, some kids knocked it down.

Its tough to be a tree. Anyway there goes a very theoretical ill advised plan to create a new forest in the Bohol Sea. It was risky I'll admit, but if it had worked...just think of the coconuts! Just think!

I saw a link to a travel site, entitled "What to do in Harare." The picture was of a pride of lions charging at the camera. My suggestion: RUN! :hide:

I saw a similar one, except the picture was of an ambulance.....

From a study in 16 Western European countries:

Quote:
Overall, people living in countries with more liberal policies reported higher life satisfaction than those in countries with less liberal policies, irrespective of their own political views, according to the study. The more conservative citizens reported higher life satisfaction than their liberal counterparts, regardless of their government's political leanings. "These findings lead us to believe that conservatives living in liberal countries are most likely to report the highest well-being," said Okulicz-Kozaryn.

How do you know you travel too much for work?

Tomorrow I go to Australia for work, and with the way the flights pan out etc I will be spending the weekend up in the Blue Mountains - paid for by work etc, but with no actual work to do. So paid for weekend away.

I probably should be excited/happy.

In reality I am neither - would much rather not go tbh.

Things that make you go huh....................

Darth Vader is polling better than all potential 2016 U.S. Presidential candidates.

star-wars-poll.jpg

Jar Jar Binks is polling better than Speaker Boehner. :dunno:

I went on Amazon to buy a copy of The Hobbit. I'm going to try and con the girls into doing some reading in English. :whistle:

One of the comments by a previous purchaser: "I didn't know they made a novelization out of the movie. But they left out Legolas. He was the best part."

How about this? I'm browsing through Amazon's food items and come across what is essentially a non-MacDonald's Sausage McMuffin. Price $9 + $15 shipping. :faint:

Edit: O my goodness, same company: two tiny chicken enchiladas: $12 + $15 shipping. :faint: http://www.amazon.com/Premium-White-Meat-Chicken-Enchiladas/dp/B005JTMH6W/ref=sr_1_98?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1424926954&sr=1-98&keywords=groceries

Irish is running for Student Council. She came to me last night to help her write a campaign speech.

I asked her what the issues are. There are no issue. I asked if there were any disputes. No disputes. I asked her what kind of things the Council would be voting on. There aren't going to be any votes. I asked her if the Council would be spending money on things. No, of course not. I asked her what the Student Council does. Well say, if there's a footrace, the Council helps the students line up faster. :huh:

I see. So essentially, this is a popularity contest to see who gets to provide slave labor. Did I write the speech? Sure. As a former lawyer, I've been trained to write nothing and make it sound like something. :D

Speaking as a teacher, free slave student labor is a necessity. Conning the students into doing it is both fun, and the hard part.

Sounds like every student government election I've ever heard of in my entire life. They do their best to train you young that voting is an irrelevant exercise in impacting the status quo!

CNN is carrying a story on History's Invisible Women. One of them is Mary Seacole "considered to be the Florence Nightingale of the Crimean War." IMHO, Florence Nightingale was the Florence Nightingale of the Crimean War. :wall:

CNN is carrying a story on History's Invisible Women. One of them is Mary Seacole "considered to be the Florence Nightingale of the Crimean War." IMHO, Florence Nightingale was the Florence Nightingale of the Crimean War. :wall:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: