Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unnamedplayer

[Pitboss] Well established crew looking for new players

7 posts in this topic

We've been playing CIV for years, first PBEM now Pitboss and routinely have new players on a word of mouth basis. We also have players unable to stick to the commitment that is playing a game for months, players who want to take a break or player that didn't like getting pwned too hard :).

We are experienced dedicated CIV players looking for new folks to bring new challenges, perspectives & strategies.

The games we play:

- usually 4 to 6 months

- varied map types and rules but otherwise fairly generic CIV4 BTS 3.19

- out-of-band politics

- simultaneous turns pitboss

- firewall mechanism for preventing double-turning

- new turn notification by email or text if you want during defined hours

- 12h per turn, hoping for a minimum for 2 turns per day

- we've had up to 9 players

- every game brings its share of border cases & game mechanics technicalities

- diplomatic victories disabled

What we look for in new players:

- live in the Americas (for timezone purposes)

- is able to take turns at work (or you don't work :)), the only way a game keeps moving is with folks able to take a 10 minutes break for a turn during the day.

The rules:

- In the first 2 weeks if you miss a lot of turns you'll be replaced by an AI.

- nothing else! you can lie, betray, backstab all you want but your reputation will follow you.

I think that's it, let me know if you have any questions and if we should count you in!

Hi there. What is your home site?

And despite I dont qualify (I am not in any of the Americas), can you tell me what is this firewall way of preventing double-moving? Something in the mod?

What do you mean by home site? you mean where we are located? We're in various states of the U.S..

As for preventing double turning, I wrote a script that watches for new save games (happens on a new turn) so that everyone gets an email on a new turn. This has the benefits of PBEM & Simultaneous turn Pitboss. Well that same script blocks currently connected IPs for 1 hour. So anyone that was in the game on a new turn is kicked out for an hour. Not perfect but good enough to kill the incentive to double-turn :) This is actually a new feature we'd be testing full-scale in our next game.

Sounds good to me, I would like to join.

No more takers? We will get started in the next few days. Happy to get 1, happier to get more :)

I would be interested in this as well, if you can PM me the details. :)