Dale

Dale's thread to complain about stuff

248 posts in this topic

It was 38C in the middle of an El Nino. Pretty expected and normal.

Not in Brisbane it isn't. Rare enough in summer; topping 38 degrees in November is almost unheard of.

Makita, in their infinite wisdom, wrote "464" on the carbon brush of my new planer. So when the brushes needed replacing and Zkrib brought us to Tag we looked everywhere for "464" carbon brushes. Funny, nobody ever heard of them. So today I got on the internet and typed in Makita carbon brush "464" and got not much helpful, very strange, I had a worn out brush with "464" written on it in my hand! So, I googled the planer's model #. Turns out the type of the model is 464 or some such, the brush is a different # which is also used by my tile cutter and is already in my bag of reserve carbon brushes.

If any of you guys work for Makita corp be aware, I'm coming for you. :angry:

...and so is born a new action comedy flick...

3 days with no internet. The phone number to call for repairs was not workinng; nor was the back-up phone number. We had to drive into Tag yesterday to call from a service center. :wall:

Tell Mrs. Dork that you want to buy a new gaming laptop. That should get you running again. :hide:

Our last cat, 18 years old now, has lost about 6 lbs over the past 2 months. Last night he got real sick. Took him to the vet today, and basically "old age, systems shutting down, starting with digestive track".

No ETA on when we will have to put him down, but looking at how things are going, probably before New Years. :(

Tell Mrs. Dork that you want to buy a new gaming laptop. That should get you running again. :hide:

Actually Mrs. Dork said it's okay for me to get a new gaming PC. And new gaming PC cannot possibly help with running. What I need are bosses who say I can either work or leave work early and run. Because I'd much rather be running than working my job. ;)

Our last cat, 18 years old now, has lost about 6 lbs over the past 2 months. Last night he got real sick. Took him to the vet today, and basically "old age, systems shutting down, starting with digestive track".

No ETA on when we will have to put him down, but looking at how things are going, probably before New Years. :(

Sorry to hear that GK - my 21 year old cat had the "big sleep" back in March due to a probable brain tumor (though he also had early kidney disease as well).

Got a new 18 month old cat in May ... and it has been a BIG difference in dealing with him due to the vastly different ages ;) .

My step-daughter is allergic to cats so no kitties for me. She's 18 in 5 years. As soon as I can kick her out of the house I'm getting 4 cats. Not only because I miss having cats but also because it means she can't move back into my house. ;)

Nope - just realistic and practical.

;)

Kicking somone out for turning 18 is not nice.

Don't kick them out. Just at 18, and after HS graduation, then you get the kitties. The moving out will happen naturally soon thereafter.

Loading up hundreds of panzers and a bunch of storm troopers and sending them into Poland is not nice. Getting booted out at 18 in America is a right of passage. I beat them to it at 17 and joined the army, so there! :angry:

;)

Kicking somone out for turning 18 is not nice.

Neither is having adult children living with you when they should bloody well move out and experience the real world, and get to know it is not easy.

Not that I have strong opinions on this one....................

In Norway it's normal that kids live at their parents place until the early 20s, but it's also normal they pay for it.

In Italy kids live with their parents into their 40s, otoh.:lol:

The "boomerang kid" thing is happening in this part of the world. I don't understand it - I would never have gone back to live with my parents. No way, no how.

I moved out when I was 21, after having been away from 19 to 20 on something we have called people's high school, which is kind of a growing up halfway house you do one year in Norway. You live in an internate(is that the word in English?) together with other pupils and travel and learn about a chosen subject. I chose computers, other options were sports, music etc. Then I lived with some friends for two years, before my parents split in an ugly divorce and I felt the need to move home for two years taking care of the sorry remains of my family. From age twenty, I payed rent and worked alongside university, as one should. The last three years or so I've lived alone, but close to my family and often visit.

My sister moved out when she was 21 IIRC, my brother is 20 and is still living at home. My other sister is 17 and is living at home.

I moved out at 22, but my twin still hasn't three years later.

I got sent to boarding school at 15, and never been back.

I moved out at 22, but my twin still hasn't three years later.

Actually, it was your twin who moved out three years ago, and you're still there. (It's really hard to tell you two apart.)