Dale

Dale's thread to complain about stuff

248 posts in this topic

I cannot for the life of me recall the word which describes letters one can put up against something and use it to trace. Think it starts with an S.

I'm trying to buy something from eBay. The seller only takes PayPal. I haven't used PayPal in so long, and thus it requires me to verify that I still have the credit/debit card in my possession. For four (4) days, PayPal's card verification system has been down. :wall:

I'm trying to buy something from eBay. The seller only takes PayPal. I haven't used PayPal in so long, and thus it requires me to verify that I still have the credit/debit card in my possession. For four (4) days, PayPal's card verification system has been down. :wall:

Another four days has passed, and the verification system is still not online. The website does say if I click on the "continue" button, I will be sent a 4-digit code with which I can complete the transaction [within a certain dollar limit]. I clicked. It didn't work. :shame:

I bought Paradox's 'Darkest Hour' off Amazon. Its great, I played and played for months! What glory! Then the power went out. No worries, I waited and it came back on. Thing was, the game would dump out to windows after that. However, 'Darkest Hour Light' works fine, and is quite good but I prefer the full on version. No worries, I deleted the game, downloaded off of Amazon again, loaded 1.03, fired it up and...same thing. No worries. :angry: I went to the Dell site, had a bunch of PC analysis done, all well, then had PC Doctor take out the trash. Then I deleted Darkest Hour, downloaded it again, added 1.03, s a m e d a m n thing. I got worries! :mad:

All I can deduce is that this is Darkest Hour's darkest hour.

Edit: Downloading updated drivers :angry:

Nope :bored:

Edited by Lancer

I prepared a MASSIVE order from Amazon. I'd even added Prime Pantry and filled two boxes with US groceries.:drool: There was something like $500 dollars-worth of stuff. I clicked on check out and, as always, sent it to Papa Mente's address in Oregon. He collects the stuff I ship in from all over, puts it into a giant LBC box, and ships it here. This really saves on shipping. :)

Nothing arrived at his place. :(:confuse:

I checked. Amazon, in its finite wisdom, had changed the billing address from my address to Papa Mente's. Surprise, the billing address no longer matched the billing address for my credit card, and so payment was declined. :mad: I discovered a not-to-obvious messages saying I needed to change my billing method [yeah, back to the one I'd been using for years!:rant:] That's not as easy as you'd think because my credit card company, in its finite wisdom, decided to make its own abbreviations to my address, so that, if I use my real address, it doesn't match up, letter-for-letter, with the one they have on file.

I dug out the address it uses, but I got sick before I could make the necessary changes. :barf: By the time I recovered a week later, Amazon had cancelled everything. :crying:

Although they do have a tab for "cancelled orders," there's no "uncancel" button I can push. I must click on a item, re-order it, and then maneuver back through the website to my cancelled orders, re-order another item, maneuver back through the website to my cancelled orders, re-order another item, over and over and over again. :wall:

"Ferb, I know what we're going to do today."

I've reordered the books, appliances, and movies. I'm about ready to start on the dozens of grocery items.

EDIT, Later: Zipitty-do-dah, Amazon also cancelled my Prime Pantry membership. :mad:

Edited by Zkribbler

I've reordered the books, appliances, and movies. I'm about ready to start on the dozens of grocery items.

EDIT, Later: Zipitty-do-dah, Amazon also cancelled my Prime Pantry membership. :mad:

I re-commenced Prime Pantry.

However, everything I'd just ordered was again bounced. [Dopey me, I'd forgotten that my credit card company had placed my zip code BEFORE the name of my city & so I had to amend my billing address to reflect this quirk.] Amazon wanted me to re-enter my credit card info for each and every item I was ordering. :mad: I found it easier to re-order everything and then go back and cancel, item-by-item, all the orders that were hanging.

So, I've now made the same order three times. Let's see if this time, things will stick.

Edited by Zkribbler

If its any consolation I've tried several additional things and my Darkest Hour still won't work. :angry: I've even stared at the steam page for a few minutes thinking if I bought one there (9.99) they might fix it if it screws up, and patches are automatic. However I'm not ready for that yet. After all, it did work for quite a while and 'lite' still works well.

Well, come on down and you can order. That said, my card is reduced to not very much for online use and I used some of it. So we can discuss what's left and I guess it will be enough for a rather large order.

Edited by Lancer

Zkrib, if you haven't left yet add one gallon of primer for wood please. Otherwise Malou will text...

Rigo came back and said you needed primer and reducer...he said nothing about wood, but he's the one who does the ordering, so no problemo. :)

Ya, no worries I'm sure the guys communicated their needs among themselves. :) You Tag bound as planned?

It's UN week at Filipino schools. Tomorrow, there's a school-wide program.

I just found that I'm on the program to be the keynote speaker. The organizers were too shy to ask me, and now there's no time for me to prepare. :rant:

So I have respectively declined.

I can help...

"The UN sucks, you think they will help you vs China but since you are a friend to America they likely will not. America should find something better to do with the building such as shoving it off into the ocean. Thank you and goodnight"

Blackout all day today. Thankfully Fidel told me about it, he heard it on the radio. I went down and told Zkrib and he took us all to Tag in the van! Good trip, got a few things, tried the new Shakey's pizza in Tag which was eh, but generally it was a good day. Got home and waited for power as the night fell. I sat out on the balcony watching lighting storms while the gals had the kids in the now empty pool working on projects or just hanging out. While waiting generally sucks the army made me good at it and after darkness really fell the lightning storms over the volcanic Camiguin Island really got going, though completely soundless. I was enjoying myself so much out there I started wishing the power would wait because the darkness made viewing really crispy clear. Could follow the bolts sideways across the clouds, never seen anything quite like it.

My complaint is that the power came back! :D

:stupid: Just in time for a night basketball game to begin, complete with announcer using a public address system. Poor Rigo and his family. :( I don't think they got much sleep.

I'd spent the previous night passing a gall stone, so I hadn't gotten much sleep. I was Mr. Grumpypants during our whole trip. I tried not to be, but I had such a short fuse. :shame:

Lancer left out the fact that we'd been hoping to take in a movie, but all the movies in both malls were terrible! :barf: So we got back really early. I went up stairs and slept until 9 pm [21:00], got up, made myself a sandwich, and went right back to bed. It's now about 3:30 in the morning. I've slept for, what, 12 hours straight. Well, I'm awake.

+++++++++++++

POWER OUTAGE. :(

+++++++++++++

I was just about to say, "Since I'm awake, I should take my daily walk," when the power went out again. I copied this post into WordPerfect, went downstairs, got a drink, did my walk [during which I contemplated what was going to happen next in the novel I'm writing], came back upstairs, did a bit of writing, saw that the internet was working again, and so, I'm back. :)

It's raining, and it'll rain all day today. :(

Better this than Brisbane's heatwave.

It was 38C in the middle of an El Nino. Pretty expected and normal.

My complaint... originally it was going to be cold enough for snow tonight. Instead it's just going to be cold rain. I still haven't seen any flakes this year and I'm not happy about it. I want snow dang it.