Dale

Dale's thread to complain about stuff

248 posts in this topic

I take it the lawyer stuff was all sorted out? ;)

uhu :D Yup and now I can talk about it :p

*sniffle. I remember when he was just the new duck in the pond, with nary a clue about how to play Civ. And now he's meeting the devs.

Enjoy. :D

Who? What? Where? The developers are getting to meet Donald? Those lucky bastards! Link? :expect:

Ahhh, I don't think I have many here on Facebook.

Not sure why, just didn't think many here used it. Perhaps I should start looking up and friending folks.....

I oppose that with every iota of my being.

I oppose that with every iota of my being.

What friends? Or Facebook? :D

Heh. It spoke about it in the WPC meetup thread as well...

I'm invited by 2K and Firaxis Games to Firaxicon. They're paying for my trip there :D

*sniffle. I remember when he was just the new duck in the pond, with nary a clue about how to play Civ. And now he's meeting the devs.

Enjoy. :D

Yup, very cool :D

Edited by donald23

For years, the prices in Steam have been presented to me in U.S. dollars. Two days ago, the prices began appearing in Filipino pesos. I asked them to change them back. They won't. I guess their motto is "Give the customer what he doesn't want." :huh:

Wait till they bring you "regional pricing" and you end up paying 50 - 100% more thanyou did when paying in USD.

:mad: <-- a non-happy Zkrib.

I know there's places like South Dakota, where I can set up a bank account without actually living there. I'm wondering if there's some way of setting up a quasi-address so that I'm some kind of non-resident resident?

:idea: Hey, if I can do that, I'd be able to vote again.

Edit: Maybe that's not the best idea. A guy a knew as a state senator later ran for a different office and, to qualify to be a resident, faked his address. Last I heard, both he and his wife are waiting to be sentenced for their perjury convictions.

d'oh... I live only a few miles from where Firaxicon will be held and haven't been able to get a ticket.

As for Donald - CONGRATS! That sounds absolutely awesome, man.

Too bad Trip is no longer there. Donald could tell him he is lazy and he sucks. :D

(and for those who don't know, Trip was Jon Shafer's name at Apolyton back in the early 00's when we were all playing the Civ 3 democracy games and Civ 4)

d'oh... I live only a few miles from where Firaxicon will be held and haven't been able to get a ticket.

I think there has been some more tickets laid out for sale later, perhaps they will again?

For years, the prices in Steam have been presented to me in U.S. dollars. Two days ago, the prices began appearing in Filipino pesos. I asked them to change them back. They won't. I guess their motto is "Give the customer what he doesn't want." :huh:

Australia still gets the price in USD, but our prices are frequently higher than American prices. Worst of both worlds.

Although Phillipines should actually get lower regional pricing then USD (kinda like CIS), but if that actually happens is question number two.

Second, you just need a US creditcard to be able to use the Steam US store. Because they want you to match your store with your credit card address. The rest doesn't bother them AFAUI. That's why I'm still buying in the Netherlands, I have a dutch credit card.

They didn't bother to tell me that, but I finally figured it out, and donald is correct. For my last purchase, I switched from my American credit card to my Filipino debit card, thus triggering the switch in currencies.