Dale

Dale's thread to complain about stuff

248 posts in this topic

Bloody Hell GK - that is so sad. :(

Like others - no idea what to say................

Sorry to hear GK. I'm at a loss of what to say.

Sorry to hear as well. Sometimes this happens with a live adoption. Birth Mothers can be unpredictable. Sometimes fate comes into play. Better to find out now that this was the case then to get some attachment firstly. Still sucks though.

I ordered a bunch of stuff through Amazon, a whole bunch of stuff. :drool: Amazon's free-shipping policy doesn't apply to outside the U.S. and so normally the shipping costs would be a killer. :death: However, I came up with a brilliant plan. :idea: I'd ship the stuff to Lancer's father-in-law in Oregon, who'd put it in an LBC box and ship it to me. That way, I'd only have to pay the $80 or so for shipping one box. :) I estimated my box of goodies would get here in late August.

The other day, Lancer sat me down and told me the facts of life. Oregon ain't L.A. In L.A., I'd run the box down to the local LBC store, and it'd go out within a day.

In Oregon, the box is taken to a local mom&pop place which gathers up a bunch of boxes. When they have a truck full, they take it up to Portland. There it waits until a cargo container is filled up, and then it's shipped off. Lancer tells me that, if I'm really lucky, it might get here in time for Christmas. :( Ho, ho, ho.

Lancer tells me that, if I'm really lucky, it might get here in time for Christmas. :( Ho, ho, ho.

Not t h i s Christmas. ;)

How much extra would it cost to retrieve the box from the mom & pop place and somehow ship it to LBC in Portland? It that even possible? :huh:

Apparently, Rigo & Vic have asked Papa Mente to get "rubber shoes" for JJ & Irish and to put them in the box as well. They were quite distraught when I told them the box might get here around Christmas.

I don't know. Dolores is exhausted from working and moving. She's sleeping on empty LBC boxes God love her. Its like I told you before you decided to go this route, this delay might happen, and you roll your dice and take your chances. I have to wait for my stuff just as long. Your friend that you usually ship though you didn't want to burden right now so we're happy to help. We'll ship the way we discussed if that's okay with you, and very glad to do you the favor, but lets not further burden Dolores. If you could have seen how tired she looked when I talked to her you wouldn't even ask I'm sure. After the move she's going straight to working her second job. I can't ask her to do this. :dunno: Sorry pal...but lets not make more work for them, k? "It will get here when it gets here." :)

Anyway in the complaint to the universe dept poor Augustine who has already gone through so much now has pneumonia again. :( He's being treated daily at Lim's hospital with injections. I told Dolores, had to... :(

Edited by Lancer

:b: Anyway Augustine is doing better now than he was yesterday. Just had to go correct him for being a monster to the gals and that's usually a good sign. ;)

20140726_203357.jpg New tyres £80 each even for the cheap ones mpg is 60mpg average on the motorway though anyway needless to say after a £200 service and 2 new tyres im skint :(

ps that's ma car dunno why the pics fecked up

I need to print some stuff out.

First, I needed to take my printer in for repairs.

Then I needed to take my keyboard in for repairs.

Now, my ink cartridge which is supposed to print "up to 2,000" pages has printed ~200 pages and has run out of ink.

=================================================

:o Oops, just read the box. A cartridge of printer ink prints ~200 copies. Dang, that's about 7.5 cents a page.

Edited by Zkribbler

I don't want to weed my vege garden this weekend.

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

The weeds don't want you to either so its a win-win. :dunno:

No it's not.

I have to do the weeding - it drives me nuts if it is not done.

And I have to dig two plots over to get ready to plant corn.

Have to, have to, have to.

But I would rather just play some of the games I have bought. But I cant. :(

I admire your determination! Let me know if I should also admire your will. ;) Weed that garden!

The credit union that issued my credit card and the bank that issued my debit card both decided it would be a grand idea to abbreviate my address, and each chose a different way to do it (and neither told me they were doing it). Buying stuff online is now a challenge, in that I have to enter my address letter perfect to what's on record. I always have to go digging through my back correspondence to find out what my address is. :mad:

Lawyer stuff in the States. Why do they need a lawyer for everything ? :doitnow!::mad::hmmm::(

Lawyer stuff in the States. Why do they need a lawyer for everything ? :doitnow!::mad::hmmm::(

Because they run the country.

I bet it is.

It's like we were born to frustrate each other. :)

I take it the lawyer stuff was all sorted out? ;)