Dale

Dale's thread to complain about stuff

248 posts in this topic

Yeesh what a day. If this is retirement I want to go back to work!

Yesh what a day. If this is work I want to go back to studies. :cute:

Started to clean out the garage... first time in 6 years.

Piano I had stored otu there has mice in it....

A neighbors cat found a way in, made a nest. At least it is a boy cat, so no kittens. Hope he takes care of the mice.

Window was broken. Knew it was broken, but discovered that it cannot easily be repaired. Time to plywood it up I guess.

The concrete floor reacted with a bag of some sort of fertilizer my wife spilled in there last fall. I now have a hole that goes through the 6 inches of concrete that is about 3 feet in diameter, all the way down to the sand under it. Ouch.

godking...

Congratulations! I moved here from a house I'd lived in for 14 years. The amount of stuff I had stashed down in the basement was staggering! I've since been an advocate of spring cleaning. :nod:

So, your wife is responsible for a 3-foot wide hole through 6 inches of concrete. How's she planning on fixing that? :hide:

Better yet, how did she accomplish it again? Beats the heck out of most ways I've seen to get through concrete. Easy fix though*, simple recipe. Small (half) bag of cement, bag of sand and 2 of gravel**, mix and bake for eternity. :nod:

*Your results may vary.

**Depending on size of hole.

Edited by Lancer

Yesterday a storm damaged Peter's house so he went home to work on it. Twenty minutes short of quitting time I asked Sho to go down and see if he needs anything that we have lying around. Today Peter dropped in with a lumber list for building a small coco lumber house. Somewhere in between the communication got snafued which is unusual for Sho. Peter looked at me and said "Okay?" Well no, I said, I don't have this money and what I wanted to do is contribute from what we have extra. So instead I gave him P500 which is $12 and can by a lot more than $12 most other places. He looked pretty sad, he really had his hopes up.

So today I gave away P500 and feel like crap.

Edited by Lancer

I'm on it! :nod: I have a bunch of coco lumber left over from my construction. Rigo thinks it's enough for Peter's house. He'll also need nifa and nails, and so I gave money to Rigo for both of those. We should be good. :)

-------------------------------

Edit. The wood I have is sufficient except Peter needs four posts, which Rigo bought for him with the money I'd given for nifa. Peter needed no nifa However, Peter needed lots of nails, which we bought for him. Total, it cost me a little over P1,000 + the wood.

:chili:

Edited by Zkribbler

:unworthy: Wonderful Zkrib, I told Peter and I think he'll go over there after work. Looked really happy! I feel better too. :)

:chili:

:eek: I think I should ban us both for a happy ending in this particular thread. ;)

Edited by Lancer

I can ban you or close this thread. Would that make you feel any better?

You better not close my damn thread! Or I'll have to lodge a complaint!

Then I'll complain about you and your smelly toes!

You better not close my damn thread! Or I'll have to lodge a complaint!

Then I'll complain about you and your smelly toes!

It wasn't me tellin' 'm that, Dale!

Cool, so I can still fart.

I can ban you or close this thread. Would that make you feel any better?

Won't know until the event unfolds. :dunno:

Complaint:

[Every participant in WPC 2014 fantasy football] stole my player! :mad:

Edited by Da Xiongmao
Simplified

During my last physical, my doctor informed me that I no longer have gall stones. :)

Last night, I passed one of the gall stones I no longer have. :(

When was that last physical? A year ago?

Wife and I were chosen to adopt a lovely baby girl.

Said girl was born last Friday.

Birth Mother decided to not tell us.

Basically, she changed her mind. But, the way in which she did it make us think that it was her plan all along to scam us and play with our emotions to get us to pay for the pre-natal expenses.

Not only do we not get the baby, but with how expensive adoption is we are not sure that we can afford to go through the process again. Plus, the emotional roller coaster, particularly for my wife, has been so many highs and lows that I am not sure even if we do scrounge up the cash that she is willing to go through it again.

Wow! Just...I don't even know what to say GK. :(

Wife and I were chosen to adopt a lovely baby girl.

Said girl was born last Friday.

Birth Mother decided to not tell us.

Basically, she changed her mind. But, the way in which she did it make us think that it was her plan all along to scam us and play with our emotions to get us to pay for the pre-natal expenses.

Not only do we not get the baby, but with how expensive adoption is we are not sure that we can afford to go through the process again. Plus, the emotional roller coaster, particularly for my wife, has been so many highs and lows that I am not sure even if we do scrounge up the cash that she is willing to go through it again.

That's sad godking, I'm sorry you guys had to go through that. Its of course a very personal thing but there are lots of kids of all ages in the Philippines waiting to be adopted. Considering that you have a couple friends here willing to help, its more than possible.

Here's our little monsters...

DSC05808_zpsd240c0eb.jpg