Dale

Dale's thread to complain about stuff

248 posts in this topic

*** WARNING: Complaints ahead! ***

After taking our oldest to his soccer match, and sucking it up through a whole game of a sport I have no interest in (Aussie Rules all the way), I'm home for 5 minutes and the wife starts getting on my case.

"Is the lawn mower broken?"

"I found the whipper snipper cord in the shed."

So four hours of work later........ *sigh*

Ouch. Its that time of life? :(

My sympathies;

Yesterday I got the "Why do you only weed/look after the vege garden and not my flower gardens?"

Because they are YOUR flower gardens not mine!

Well that was my reply in my head - what came out of my mouth was seriously more moderated.

Well that was my reply in my head - what came out of my mouth was seriously more moderated.

I do that all the time. :lol:

"Because you said you would kill me if I ever touched your flower?" :cute:

Driving today in Tagbilaran was completely insane, worst driving day with no accident, ever.

Take out the flowers, leave the weeds. "Honey, you're the expert, I'm a bull in a china shop." Pay a big price now and never get asked asked again. :dunno:

..., I'm a bull in a china shop...

:lol:

:D Very old expression.

*** WARNING: Complaints ahead! ***

After taking our oldest to his soccer match, and sucking it up through a whole game of a sport I have no interest in (Aussie Rules all the way), I'm home for 5 minutes and the wife starts getting on my case.

"Is the lawn mower broken?"

"I found the whipper snipper cord in the shed."

So four hours of work later........ *sigh*

Ah yes, I remember those days of taking the kids out to various functions and sitting thru them. I still go to my daughter's swim meets. My favorite event is the 400m relay, because its the last one and I can go home after that.....

Now that my kids are older (we're in virtual empty nest mode now, as the kids only come out of their rooms if they need a ride or need money), the wife and I have a lot more freedom. Yesterday I told the wife that the dog and I are going camping next weekend, and she said OK, and that was that.

D

My aunt and my cousin was visiting the other day. My uncle was in their cabin setting up a new kitchen. She called him while we were driving to town, and asked him "are you feeling lonely up there?".

Whereas he promptly bursted out "LONELY??? I'm enojying myself! Just me and some good music on the headphones all day long. I'm sweaty inside my ears due to listening to all this good music! LONELY? I think NOT!"

:D

Poor Lancer, smashed headfirst into the last day before school starts. :(

Driving today in Tagbilaran was completely insane, worst driving day with no accident, ever.

We were there last Friday for JJ's post-op exam. The doctor never showed. So, JJ now gets to miss the first day back at school so that we can take her back to Tagbilaran for her exam. :mad:

I'm gonna talk to Rigo & Vic this morning. It might be wiser to let JJ go to school today, so that she can see where her classes are, meet her teachers, etc. Then we can take her to see the doc on Tuesday.

Does that mean your school year have just started? Being in the south, I could understand starting around new year, but early June?

Storm Front + Sinus Headache + Ear Infection = me grouchy

Does that mean your school year have just started? Being in the south, I could understand starting around new year, but early June?

:dunno: I can't explain it, but that's the way things are here.

This year, a few of our "big name" universities are switching to the usual school year in order to attract more international students.

Good change.:b:

Last year, I became eligible for Medicare. Three times, the US Dept. of Health and Human Services sent me Medicare cards before one managed to make it through the Filipino mail system. [Thanx to the US Embassy in Manila for its assistance.] But I've now had my Medicare card for several months. :)

Yesterday, I received a application to sign up for Medicare. :huh: So, do I trash it or write back telling them they're both redundant and a year late?

Found out today that Abby and Augustine were supposed to start school. :idiot: Teacher loves Abby and said, no worries! Tomorrow is good. :) Augustine will set her straight. ;)

And now, to find another job.

My letter of renewal was actually a letter of don't let the door hit you......

And now, to find another job.

My letter of renewal was actually a letter of don't let the door hit you......

Welcome to the club. Good luck on the job hunt. It's pretty tough over here in Melbourne at the moment. Not the best conditions for looking.

A letter of don't let the door hit you......

:mad:

Bummer GK. Good luck with your new job search.