Arnelos

Pop Growth

35 posts in this topic

I figured it was about time I let you folk all know that my family will be increasing our population by one in early July.

We went public with that a couple months back and have since found out (last week) that we're having a son. The name isn't quite finalized yet, but we're down to only a couple options.

I recommend Erik, Lee, or Carl. Just saying. ;)

Congratulations. Fatherhood is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know you will love it.

Also, the whole lack of sleep thing isn't a joke. I still don't sleep through the night.

Still totally worth it.

Congrats Arnelos!

The name isn't quite finalized yet, but we're down to only a couple options.

For our first child we couldn't decide on her name - we'd narrowed it down to two names, and we liked both names. Right after our daughter was born and we were holding her for the first time we said the first name, and she didn't respond. We then said the second name, and she opened her eyes in response. Thus the decision was made!

D

I figured it was about time I let you folk all know that my family will be increasing our population by one in early July.

We went public with that a couple months back and have since found out (last week) that we're having a son. The name isn't quite finalized yet, but we're down to only a couple options.

Is it safe to assume "Franklin Delano" is off the table ? :p

Congratulations! The Adventure begins ! Please keep us updated as events unfold.

Congrats Arnie! That's awesome news!

Keep us updated as it goes by. :)

Its a miracle, every time. :b: Congratulations Arnelos!

Congrats, and I hope you've started your daily exercising already.

"ouchiecouchie..." ;)

Grats (though I think you mentioned it earlier to me and I said grats then, well, grats again!)

Resurrecting this thread, as it seems the only good place to post an update. I've not been popping in here as much over the past couple months due to being so busy - absolutely psyched about the announcement of Civilization: Beyond Earth, though!

Anyhow, latest and greatest:

- We're buying a home - close on the contract is in late June. Pretty psyched about that, even for the obscene amount of debt we have to take on to afford a nice home anywhere near Washington, D.C.

- Baby is still due in early July. Since my last post around these parts, we've had it confirmed that the baby will be a boy. My wife has had a remarkably easy pregnancy (compared to all of the stories from friends and family) until growing discomfort now that she's in the 3rd trimester. All is going pretty well, though.

I'll still be poking around here to check on anything new about Civ: Beyond Earth, but I might continue to be a little scarce as we worry about the new home and the new baby for a couple months.

Babies are God's way of telling you that you've been sleeping too much. :sadnod:

See you in about 18 years. ;)

[And congratulations]

Babies are God's way of telling you that you've been sleeping too much. :sadnod:

So true. :lol:

I haven't slept in 8 years!

I've seen what housing costs have done on the east coast in Jersey, can't imagine what you're dealing with in DC! Arnelos, best of luck with that and the coming bundle of joy. :)

Cool.

Our adoption is going through in early July also. Don't know the gender yet though, although the birth mom says she thinks it is a girl.

Congrats godking! :D

That's great, guys. Please continue to update us from time to time.

Son was born yesterday afternoon. Delivery mostly went really really well (as in super super quick for a first delivery), but he had trouble breathing at first. Brief problem, but quite scary. A test immediately afterward indicated no actual oxygen deficiency (whew) and it was brief, but they kept the baby in a warmer for a couple minutes even after he started crying before handing him back to my wife (though I got to hold his hand during that). All seems happy & healthy now, though, and my wife & baby are resting in the hospital.

I'm stopping by home to grab her a few things and figured I'd log in here while I'm at it. I probably won't be back on here before Saturday.

Cheers, all.

Congratulations Arnelos!

I wouldn't worry much about the breathing problem - I had a similar problem when I was born and turned out fine (or at least I hope so :lol: matter of opinion I guess).